• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Kevyt

Kinda getting a bit fed up of my neighbour. He's got a husband but they rarely seem to go out together. So he stops at home while the "problem" neighbour goes out. And when he does it usually ends up where he's drunk calling me. I've only answered once because I thought he was asking about a parcel I took in for them, but it was a drunk call. All pretty innocent (i.e. no sex talk) but he abruptly hangs up and then he's messaging apologising the next day. Wants me to say nothing about the phonecall to his husband to "save more embarrassment". He's now away on a trip with his gay best friend (goodness knows what he'll be doing behind his husbands back) and again I get a drunk call early in the morning. I don't answer but it wakes me up. Also he organises a night out for us from time to time (sans husband) but the day we're going out he always cancels and makes up some excuse. Now I think he has a thing for me in some way (we've had drunken night shenanigans once when he came on to me) but it's just getting annoying. I don't know what he wants from me or why he does it but I'm getting sick of it. I hoped when they moved in I'd have some gay friends but for one reason or another it's never really got to that (despite how we do text now and then to talk about normal stuff (neighbour talk/tv shows etc)) and it became very complicated and just odd :/

You should tell him to stop bugging you and if he is too inappropriate when he's drunk/calling you then I would tell his husband because that's disrespectful.

Kinda getting a bit fed up of my neighbour. He's got a husband but they rarely seem to go out together. So he stops at home while the "problem" neighbour goes out. And when he does it usually ends up where he's drunk calling me. I've only answered once because I thought he was asking about a parcel I took in for them, but it was a drunk call. All pretty innocent (i.e. no sex talk) but he abruptly hangs up and then he's messaging apologising the next day. Wants me to say nothing about the phonecall to his husband to "save more embarrassment". He's now away on a trip with his gay best friend (goodness knows what he'll be doing behind his husbands back) and again I get a drunk call early in the morning. I don't answer but it wakes me up. Also he organises a night out for us from time to time (sans husband) but the day we're going out he always cancels and makes up some excuse. Now I think he has a thing for me in some way (we've had drunken night shenanigans once when he came on to me) but it's just getting annoying. I don't know what he wants from me or why he does it but I'm getting sick of it. I hoped when they moved in I'd have some gay friends but for one reason or another it's never really got to that (despite how we do text now and then to talk about normal stuff (neighbour talk/tv shows etc)) and it became very complicated and just odd :/
I remember you talking about that one night you referred to. When he's apologised before, have you said how it's been happening a lot and tell him for it to not happen again?

I drank too much. Why do people flirt when they aren't interested? *sigh* Still single.
My dildos are my boyfriends and will remain my BF until I find someone that is boyfriend material.

Raxus

Getting with guys for me has been easier than girls. Everyone I get an in with a girl the lead dissapates for one reason or another. Frustrating.
:O

You couldn't make it?
Nah he hit a snag delaying things 2-3 hours. We just stuck a pin in things.

You should tell him to stop bugging you and if he is too inappropriate when he's drunk/calling you then I would tell his husband because that's disrespectful.

I remember you talking about that one night you referred to. When he's apologised before, have you said how it's been happening a lot and tell him for it to not happen again?

I dont want to fall out with them though. They are nice guys to live next door to in the end but he's just being really weird and it's just difficult to understand why he's doing it and what he actually wants from me. I'd love to be closer friends but that's tough when he's acting on and off like he does.

When he apologised he said he shouldn't have rang me and he was being a douche and uncool but then it happened again over the weekend. Something must go off with him when he's drunk and I'm his first port of call :/

Gibbs

Started a profile on a dating site/app for the first time. Wish me luck, lol.

Heres to all the hot dates you can handle!
... and send some of them my way

Home alone again :( , about to go out on the bay and watch the eclipse.

I'm home alone and my neighbor stopped by and we watched the eclipse. Though I could careless about it personally, it meant a lot to her so it was fun.

Poppy

starting to feel like relationships are so far outside the realm of what i care about that i would only be interested in someone from another country mostly so i can have an excuse to travel somewhere else

love is over, it's just about utility now

Beth Cyra

Alrighty LBGT folks I had something happen and was wanting to know if others have this here.

I recently just woke up felt a complete non desire for sex or finding a partner. As a few people know I tend to be hyper sexual and yet it just dropped off a cliff.

No desire to date, no desire to be intimate just almost like I was like life long celibate lol.

Thing is it's come as a relaxing revelation and not something that has me depressed or bothered, if anything just easier as I don't think about it much now.

Anyone else experiencing this or have previously?

Astral Dog

Alrighty LBGT folks I had something happen and was wanting to know if others have this here.

I recently just woke up felt a complete non desire for sex or finding a partner. As a few people know I tend to be hyper sexual and yet it just dropped off a cliff.

No desire to date, no desire to be intimate just almost like I was like life long celibate lol.

Thing is it's come as a relaxing revelation and not something that has me depressed or bothered, if anything just easier as I don't think about it much now.

a
Hmm thats strange , but i thought you had a partner?
Maybe its something that comes and go? Give it a few weeks and it will pass :p

The terrors of dating are why I plan to become a weird old crank that just hoards most of his thoughts and emotional resources tbh. Better yet if I can manage real non-attachment and not just that simulacrum of it.
no umop that attitude sounds too self defeating for you, its a sign you should go dating!

all i do is masturbate tbh.

i haven't even really tried to do much outside of work and gym.

Raxus

I just caught rice on fire. How the fuck.

It was a nice fireball that followed.

giphy.gif

A sign from god to work on cooking lol.

Bladenic

Hope I'm not hitting a nerve but I thought you had a partner.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

that happened to me almost a year ago

except instead of being relaxing and relieving it left me feeling like shit and I've been trying to claw my way back ever since

Beth Cyra

Hope I'm not hitting a nerve but I thought you had a partner.
I do.

I have the most amazing wife ever.

However we are not physical in the bedroom. My wife married me as a man and has always considered herself straight but stayed with me out of love an devotion after I transitioned.

So we haven't really had sex since before my lower surgery and at this point we are closer to Best Friend/Life Partners then a married couple with any desire to have sexual activity with one another.

I had wanted to date other women (With Heather's approval of course) and it just never happened then like I said recently any desire to do so just died and I haven't had any desire to be with anyone or even attempt to do so.

that happened to me almost a year ago

except instead of being relaxing and relieving it left me feeling like shit and I've been trying to claw my way back ever since
I was surprised at my reaction as I thought it would be like this should it happen.

However I think in some weird way my own self hatred and gender dysphoria made this easier to accept?

Like I'm a big girl and don't really pass the standards of beauty and I think that it was almost like well if I don't have desires then that also means that I don't have to worried about being turned down and that turned it in to almost a relief and a boon ya know?

i mean you came in here saying you bought your first jockstrap. isn't that basically telling us youre going to post pictures of yourself in them? ;P

Gibbs

Eh I think I'm in deep shit and I don't care.

I'm so tired of people using me and fucking me over that I finally gave someone their own medicine in return. They didn't like it and came calling me, accusing me. It's cute, but its rewarding when I sold a lie to prove a point. I'm pretty sure they saw through the shit I spewed but it's fine.

I usually don't go for revenge but if I have to fall, that bitch is coming with. I really don't hate anyone or anything... but I hate this bitch with a passion.

B-Dex

I'm so tired of people using me and fucking me over that I finally gave someone their own medicine in return. They didn't like it and came calling me, accusing me. It's cute, but its rewarding when I sold a lie to prove a point. I'm pretty sure they saw through the shit I spewed but it's fine.

I usually don't go for revenge but if I have to fall, that bitch is coming with. I really don't hate anyone or anything... but I hate this bitch with a passion.

I like it in deep Gibbs 😎

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What is the standard etiquette for hooking up with your friend's exes? I feel I fucked up D:
I think you ask your friend if its okay to go out with his ex but most people usually just dont go out with friends exes. Avoid potential drama tbh

What is the standard etiquette for hooking up with your friend's exes? I feel I fucked up D:

It depends on how close the friend is. Generally I think the friend's ex thing applies mostly to really close friends who have supported each other in the past, because then one might have the thought that you're jeopardizing a substantial friendship for something less substantial, and obviously that doesn't sit will with people. But most friendships don't involve that degree of care or responsibility, imo. Basically, decide how much of a 'true friend' they are, and if they are it's probably better to put that first.

Avoiding conflict can be a good maxim, but even to the extent that that's true it's also pretty much impossible as an ideal. Hegel said that the social world is foremost a world of competing claims and desires, and that sometimes we have to further our claims, and sometimes we have to abandon them in favour of higher principles. Every challenging decision boils down to us just using our better judgement, there isn't any protocol. But you can try to lessen the impact of any kind of falling out by making sure you have integrity and presence of mind in the choice that you do make.

mantidor

I think you ask your friend if its okay to go out with his ex but most people usually just dont go out with friends exes. Avoid potential drama tbh

I immediately asked, the whole thing was crazy because we were all in the same club, and I joked about his ex when I saw him because we have not seen him in months, the broke up more than a year ago, and my friend currently has a new boyfriend and while the relationship is rocky he is really into him. Then the guy came to me, started to flirt and treid to make out. I was shocked, taken aback, with no idea what to do because it never even crossed my mind to look at him that way, so I just had to ask my friend and he said he was absolutely fine, that I should go out with him, but I still was not convinced, I insisted I felt it was wrong but he said he had no feelings there anymore, that there was nothing wrong, and I ended up leaving with the ex. At the next day I still felt wrong, even when my friend texted me everything was fine and I shouldn't be worried.

It depends on how close the friend is. Generally I think the friend's ex thing applies mostly to really close friends who have supported each other in the past, because then one might have the thought that you're jeopardizing a substantial friendship for something less substantial, and obviously that doesn't sit will with people. But most friendships don't involve that degree of care or responsibility, imo. Basically, decide how much of a 'true friend' they are, and if they are it's probably better to put that first.

Avoiding conflict can be a good maxim, but even to the extent that that's true it's also pretty much impossible as an ideal. Hegel said that the social world is foremost a world of competing claims and desires, and that sometimes we have to further our claims, and sometimes we have to abandon them in favour of higher principles. Every challenging decision boils down to us just using our better judgement, there isn't any protocol. But you can try to lessen the impact of any kind of falling out by making sure you have integrity and presence of mind in the choice that you do make.

This is very good advice, but my judgement is kind of messed up right now, on one side I feel there is something fundamentally wrong about it, on the other not only my friend was fine with it he almost encouraged it, which really made my mind race, and maybe I'm just blocking this guy out of a sense of loyalty that isn't necessary and I might miss something good there, as I said I never even entertained the idea, and now I do. I still feel at the end of the day I will not be able to continue with this.

IvorB

Thanks man and the thing that annoys me the most is why is the guy acting interested if he is not gonna show up.

I dunno... gay men seem to have developed goldfish memory these days. What's interesting one day is forgotten the next. The best is when I am a chatting with someone and they just stop responding mid-convo. Then a while later they message again like I'm a completely new person. Somebody needs to do a study.

I've only started using these apps/sites again recently and I had forgotten how much bullsh*t is involved.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I dunno... gay men seem to have developed goldfish memory these days. What's interesting one day is forgotten the next. The best is when I am a chatting with someone and they just stop responding mid-convo. Then a while later they message again like I'm a completely new person. Somebody needs to do a study.

I've only started using these apps/sites again recently and I had forgotten how much bullsh*t is involved.
At least I made a friend yesterday through Scruff but man the people here are pretty flaky or straight up ignore you.

Bladenic

More deets plz

yepyepyep

Blah. There is a dumbass same-sex marriage postal vote in Australia because the Liberals (conservatives) are commited to being absolute shitlords (in more ways than this but that is another story). I'm in London at the moment and had to send an enrolment update by mail, which was supposed to get to Australia in five days but both the Royal Mail and Auspost website tracking haven't updated in a week. The deadline to enrol is this Thursday so its looking likely I won't be able to vote in the poll.

Also, while checking news in Australia it looks like posters saying Stop The Fags with misinformation about same-sex parenting are starting to pop in my home city. Lovely.

Kevyt

Wait what?

That doesn't sound good... You just contradicted yourself. What did you do?

aasoncott

I just posted almost a hundred photos from the Montreal Pride Parade this weekend (I've been photographing the parade in Vancouver every year since 2011, but relocated to Montreal last month).

Photographing the parade is always one of my favourite things to do each year. The photos are all free for non-commercial use by anyone for the promotion of the LGBTQ community -- if anyone wants a larger version of anything, they can just give me a shout.

http://peopleofpride.ca

Top Bottom