• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

D:

Stupid overpriced UK

iVPaeLgcJNAB0.gif

Eh. Hot Topic didn't really have anything that caught my attention. They had X-Force Wolverine, ANGRY Stay Puft, Hannibal Lecter, Ash, Beetlejuice, and that winged dude from Supernatural. As well as Cell on the DBZ front. But they didn't currently have anything I really needed to own.

I ordered Tyrael and Diablo from Amazon last night, along with all three versions of Baymax from Big Hero 6. I think I'm good until the Crow comes out.

Eh. Hot Topic didn't really have anything that caught my attention. They had X-Force Wolverine, ANGRY Stay Puft, Hannibal Lecter, Ash, Beetlejuice, and that winged dude from Supernatural. As well as Cell on the DBZ front. But they didn't currently have anything I really needed to own.

Yeah, that's what I've noticed as well.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up guys! You might want to check your local TRUs. I found all the POP! GotG (minus Gamora, and Groot was hidden in the Mega Bloks of all places) and the POP! Ghostbusters with Slimer (no Winston obviously).

I'll take my usual haul picture when a certain jetpacked hero arrives.

Heads up guys! You might want to check your local TRUs. I found all the POP! GotG (minus Gamora, and Groot was hidden in the Mega Bloks of all places) and the POP! Ghostbusters with Slimer (no Winston obviously).

I'll take my usual haul picture when a certain jetpacked hero arrives.

i didn't even think of checking them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
i didn't even think of checking them.

They usually don't have POP! figures, so it was a complete shock to see them next to the NECA stuff. Maybe they'll be getting more POP! figures in general.

They're also carrying ReAction figures for Terminator and Firefly.

I 100% hate that the marvel ones are bobble heads

I hate bobble heads

I would have like 200 of these things if the marvel ones were just the normal pop figures

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I quite like the Marvel bobble heads when they work. Groot, for example, bobbles perfectly fine. Some of them have lower heads that don't really bobble though.

After picking up 2 at ComiConn a few weeks ago (Lion-O and Raphael), I have since been on the prowl for more. I have picked up the rest of the turtles from a Hallmark store for anyone interested in a new store to browse. I'm going to buy these for gifts for everyone come holiday shopping time.

Related topic: What are the chances of a LBP/POP crossover ever happening? I know you can essentially recreate your favorite figures anyway and the brands/stylings are similar, but I'm talking about official partnership. Like Funko POP materials that you can dress up as your favorite characters. Maybe even a level pack. Maybe too hard when they don't necessarily have their own material(?) to work with.

Related topic: What are the chances of a LBP/POP crossover ever happening? I know you can essentially recreate your favorite figures anyway and the brands/stylings are similar, but I'm talking about official partnership. Like Funko POP materials that you can dress up as your favorite characters. Maybe even a level pack. Maybe too hard when they don't necessarily have their own material(?) to work with.

I kinda doubt they're going to go any further than the Sackboy POP figure that's supposed to be out this month.

So my obsession sparked once I saw the Agent Coulson figure, and it's all been downhill ever since. My collection's fairly small right now, but I'm pretty happy with it.

And I doubled my collection in a single transaction today when I stopped over at HMV and spotted these bad boys:

I must have looked like a freak checking every set they had for the best paint job (the one I picked actually had the most damaged box) but it was totally worth it!

I went to a bunch of stores in downtown Toronto and Rocket was out of stock everywhere, I guess I'll just wait or try and order one

Might as well get Groot too.......and Staypuft looked awesome too

Whoa whoa whoa........DANCING GROOT?!?

They usually don't have POP! figures, so it was a complete shock to see them next to the NECA stuff. Maybe they'll be getting more POP! figures in general.

They're also carrying ReAction figures for Terminator and Firefly.

i've seen the GoT ones at mine a while ago. thanks for suggesting. i now own groot and didn't have to pay inflated prices for it.

Walked into a store and got Toothless and Hiccup, was gonna get the adventure time and AssCreed ones, but man, Funko's quality control needs some work! The paint job is hideous!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haul update as promised! Finally caved on The Rocketeer. Amazon still hasn't gotten Roger Rabbit in stock yet, so he didn't ship with The Rocketeer. Maybe The Iron Giant can keep Roger company.
Star-Lord and Rocket were free from DMR, and Groot was from TRU.

Where's the cheapest I could get that Ghostbusters four-pack online? I need it. Or if I get them separately, does Winston come out of the car?

The four-pack is only available as a Con Exclusive, and the guys are covered in marshmallow goo. They don't make the standard four in a pack, gotta buy them all separately. Which becomes a problem because of Winston.

Winston is advertised on the back of their boxes as being sold alone, but I have NEVER seen him outside of the car, or even available anywhere in-person to buy. His price seems to range from $24-34 (US).

Really annoying since he's the only one I need to finish my collection.

Top Bottom