• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

sibarraz

Banned
Kazumi was S tier

Really?

Why I always have saw tier list that put her on the bottom of the barrel?

the last tier list that I saw has xiaoyu, dragunov, Jack and Steve fox at the top.

Wow, I drop the game for 2 months and kazumi became top tier

Numb

Really?

the last tier list that I saw has xiaoyu, dragunov, Jack and Steve fox at the top
Nah she great
2 months is a long time
Half the lifetime of current console version

joeblow

I mained her for a while. Chloe is surprisingly very fun. A very cerebral character.

I think she's like a reverse Devil Jin where people say he's perfect on paper, but in practicality doesn't quite get there, where as with Chloe she's absolutely terrible on paper but does surprisingly better than you'd expect. Does that make sense?

But that terrible frame data tho....

Played a little ranked with Ling the switched over to unranked to play with my Warrior Raven for an hour.

Didn't win a single ****ing match.

In a whole hour.

As in, I started with 12 wins and ended with 12 wins.

Lost 1 to brawler Bryan, like 16 in a row to a Usurper Lili (plus another 13 to another Lili in the morning) 2 to a Maurauder Paul- and 2 to a Maurauder Kazuya.

Like...
What just happened???

Maybe you just had one of those days where nothing clicks.

Maybe you still need to figure out how to properly use Master Raven.

Maybe you suck.

GrayFoxPL

Did they introduced ghosting in this patch or was it always there?

I noticed it in Squirrels video and I checked it, it's indeed there. Similar to VF5FT but much subtle. Game leaves transparent afterimage of 1 previous frame. If you practice against Lings firecracer in infinite lake stage it's the most clear to see. Just put it in move list and watch the afterimages when she goes into Phoenix and does this move. For some reason it's most clear when the water is the background.

It's not the screen it's easy to see checking other games. It may have been there before and I didn't notice, but....Hmmm.

Anyway, if someone wants to play, I'm on. Psn: Grayfoxpl

Spuck-uk

Banned
Really?

the last tier list that I saw has xiaoyu, dragunov, Jack and Steve fox at the top.

Wow, I drop the game for 2 months and kazumi became top tier

This is why you shouldnt pay attention to early tier lists.

I mean, you should pay attention to tier lists in Tekken anyway but hey

Spuck-uk

Banned
Played a little ranked with Ling the switched over to unranked to play with my Warrior Raven for an hour.

Didn't win a single ****ing match.

In a whole hour.

As in, I started with 12 wins and ended with 12 wins.

Lost 1 to brawler Bryan, like 16 in a row to a Usurper Lili (plus another 13 to another Lili in the morning) 2 to a Maurauder Paul- and 2 to a Maurauder Kazuya.

Like...
What just happened???

You cracked

16 in a row? Holy crap, man. After the first 8 just put the controller down.

I don't see Lili very often. Needed the experience. I might have lost my dignity, but I didn't lose my rank!

You Lee players might enjoy this new combo video I saw on Reddit.

Chock full of b+2 f, N, REPEAT that I was anticipating. I'm not even sure that if most of this video was done on a stage with walls that he could finish those (correct notations for some of these are in the comments).

Onemic

Did they introduced ghosting in this patch or was it always there?

I noticed it in Squirrels video and I checked it, it's indeed there. Similar to VF5FT but much subtle. Game leaves transparent afterimage of 1 previous frame. If you practice against Lings firecracer in infinite lake stage it's the most clear to see. Just put it in move list and watch the afterimages when she goes into Phoenix and does this move. For some reason it's most clear when the water is the background.

It's not the screen it's easy to see checking other games. It may have been there before and I didn't notice, but....Hmmm.

Anyway, if someone wants to play, I'm on. Psn: Grayfoxpl

It was always there

GrayFoxPL

It was always there

They should add the option to turn it off. I doesn't do the game any favors and I thought for months that my eyes are becoming hyper active, lol.

"I see fucking frames everywhere!"

1MI78cL.gif

Maybe T8 will be so advanced they'll bring back motion blur from 2007.

U9bKUA4.gif

GrayFoxPL

Motion blur is in the game, just not on consoles. I don't really like it because it applies the effect to entire game, which makes it hard to take customization portraits that aren't a blurry mess lol.

I meant the per character motion blur from T6. If in strength it was between T6 and Tag2 the game would look amazing.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 6 still looks incredible.

It does. When my Tag2 started killing my Ps3 I begun training in T6 for T7 and it blew me away how good it looked again.

RGHK84y.gif

If I didn't know and someone told me that Tekken on PS3 and PS4 is 10 years apart I'd never believe them.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Not liking Chloe rage drive and rage art

Rage drive just doesn't seem like something you can throw out. Even if it leaves you at plus frames on block, it just seems too slow and gets interrupted like crazy. It's better to do it as a combo extender. I'm not sure what the optimal combo is now that they made it end closer to the opponent, but something like:

If you know they'll end up near a wall:
launcher > some move > d/f3,3 > S! > dash in > RD(hold back for back turn > Ki Charge > BT f+3+4, 3+4, 3+4 will do 50%+ or something crazy like that. It's been a while since I played her, so I'd have to go back into practice mode.

Her Rage Art is best if you can do the rhythm inputs, then becomes one of the most damaging Rage Arts in the game. Even using it at the end of a combo will tack on a surprising amount of damage. Good luck doing it online, though!

I can't believe this is real............

Please somebody else create a good 3D fighter with actual good presentation. My tolerance for Tekken keeps shrinking.

Lol, that's different.......

I would love to see competition in the 3D fighter genre again. I think the only hope there is for another good 3D fighter is DOA6 or Virtua Fighter 6 and honestly, I have doubts either is ever going to happen at this point when we are not even getting rumors circulating for either one. Sad that no one knows how to make 3D fighters anymore. Maybe they figure it isn't worth the effort since the genre is extremely niche. To me, the online community in Tekken 7 doesn't feel near as active as the previous games for example.

Numb

Rage drive just doesn't seem like something you can throw out. Even if it leaves you at plus frames on block, it just seems too slow and gets interrupted like crazy. It's better to do it as a combo extender. I'm not sure what the optimal combo is now that they made it end closer to the opponent, but something like:

If you know they'll end up near a wall:
launcher > some move > d/f3,3 > S! > dash in > RD(hold back for back turn > Ki Charge > BT f+3+4, 3+4, 3+4 will do 50%+ or something crazy like that. It's been a while since I played her, so I'd have to go back into practice mode.

Her Rage Art is best if you can do the rhythm inputs, then becomes one of the most damaging Rage Arts in the game. Even using it at the end of a combo will tack on a surprising amount of damage. Good luck doing it online, though!

thx

petran79

Banned
They made Eliza a separate buy for those who bought the Season Pass, despite claims for the opposite.
To be expected really.

@sasuke_91 decided to join you in your Vindicator quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5f-4altp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1btlrTTpIs&t=46s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMdUHezHZA

As you can tell, I know next to 0 about Nina. 2 perfects? Brutal.

Went to the training room for 3 minutes, which was unusually long. Usually only 30 seconds or so, average is about 5-10. Guess there wasn't anyone on +/-2 ranks? That hasn't happened to me before.

After that, played some Raven. I already discussed how that went.

Sayah

Lol, that's different.......

I would love to see competition in the 3D fighter genre again. I think the only hope there is for another good 3D fighter is DOA6 or Virtua Fighter 6 and honestly, I have doubts either is ever going to happen at this point when we are not even getting rumors circulating for either one. Sad that no one knows how to make 3D fighters anymore. Maybe they figure it isn't worth the effort since the genre is extremely niche. To me, the online community in Tekken 7 doesn't feel near as active as the previous games for example.

I think DoA6 will happen. DoA5 was successful so I expect it to. But I'd rather have a brand new IP in the 3D fighter genre instead of sequels to games that have been sustaining this subgenre for decades.

In terms of online, Tekken 7 is irritating to play online coming from Tag 2. The matchmaking in Pokken was surprisingly fast so I was annoyed Namco couldn't maintain that standard in Tekken 7. I'm just pissy in general about Tekken 7. So much wrong with this game and so barebones considering all the time it took to bake in arcades.

GrayFoxPL

I think T7 is gonna get another big update in it's lifetime. Super FR, Season 2, whatever you want to call it.

At least 4 old characters will return.

More customization including special move effect customization from Revolution.

MBmnQyz.gif

New system:

What would you guys say if there were to systems/modes to chose when you pick character? Rage and Super.

Rage:

T7 stuff.

On low heath Rage Status.

Rage Drives

Rage Arts

Super:

2 Bars for EX moves and Super move.

No Rage available.

EX moves and Supers different from RD and RA.

I think something like this is being slowly developed right now.

sasuke_91

@sasuke_91 decided to join you in your Vindicator quest.

Nice. I almost got demoted with Ling, but I'll get back up to that promo again.

The thing with Nina is that even when you know her, she's very hard to fight against Online. It's hard to duck her highs and some stuff is hard to punish on reaction. Not really afraid of Online Ninas though as they tend to push way too many buttons.

Your offense is good, but you tend to be a little too agressive. You also let your opponent whiff stuff right in front of your face without punishing him. d/f+2~1 does have decent enough reach to launch most of those whiffed moves.

Exr

Are long PS4 wait times for ranked still prevalent for people? I am a scrub at initiate but it takes a couple of minutes to find a match. Often they drop or disconnect prior to the match loading as well. Always lurk the Tekken threads and appreciate the info posted here, cheers.

As a new player to Tekken, I can't help but find the online Tekken playerbase pretty shit. Player matches are full of high-level players smurfing under beginner ranks. I've never seen a bunch of online players get so excitable when they win either. Constant tea-bagging and spamming emotes. Ugh. Admittedly it feels good when body the chump.

Nice. I almost got demoted with Ling, but I'll get back up to that promo again.

The thing with Nina is that even when you know her, she's very hard to fight against Online. It's hard to duck her highs and some stuff is hard to punish on reaction. Not really afraid of Online Ninas though as they tend to push way too many buttons.

Your offense is good, but you tend to be a little too agressive. You also let your opponent whiff stuff right in front of your face without punishing him. d/f+2~1 does have decent enough reach to launch most of those whiffed moves.

Half the defense, double the offense. I feel uncomfortable not pressing the attack, letting time tick away. I tend not to rematch people I beat because of time over. That's boring and unfun.

I just laughed at the probability that I would fight a Nina two promotion chances in a row. I clearly have no idea how to play her.

GrayFoxPL

Are long PS4 wait times for ranked still prevalent for people? I am a scrub at initiate but it takes a couple of minutes to find a match. Often they drop or disconnect prior to the match loading as well. Always lurk the Tekken threads and appreciate the info posted here, cheers.

Shouldn't take that long but it depends. Sometimes I get lucky and connect 3 times in a row other times 5 connections lost or other shit.

Make sure the PS4 MTU setting is right for your router. Auto doesn't often work right. The "safe" one is 1492 for most routers, mine can handle 1500 but I still use 1492 because the online games work better on that setting.

As a new player to Tekken, I can't help but find the online Tekken playerbase pretty shit. Player matches are full of high-level players smurfing under beginner ranks. I've never seen a bunch of online players get so excitable when they win either. Constant tea-bagging and spamming emotes. Ugh. Admittedly it feels good when body the chump.

They do that on PS4? I don't ever go to lobbies, just quick player, ranked and private. Nothing really happens there aside of rare overly excited 14 year olds that need to say something dumb. I must say that compared to Tag2 ppl are civil here. The psn reporting system is way better here so most are afraid to spam shit.

GrayFoxPL

So did the new patch make Lee better?

It did. Much easier to get bigger damage in combos thanks to ws+2,4, b+2 and 4+u+3 buffs. His db+3+4 input is fixed so no more accidental blazing kicks. His ws+2,3 ff+3 combo is easier to hit but still nowhere near easy. His ws+2,4 doesn't push opponent that far away so opponent has to guess mid, low mixup after it.

My only problem is because Namco won't allow me to use my good pad with T7, the one I have to use has messed up upper directions that makes Lee's 4,u+3 never come out when I want it. Doing even simple hopkick is a nightmare on it. I do accidental delayed hopkicks 2/3rds of the time. :/

Top Bottom