• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Visually I expected better from Johnson but eh we haven't seen much so maybe the remaining footage is more impressive.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Bendu is right in the end?

Star-Wars-Rebels-Season-3-Bendu.jpg

The Pope

I for one am baffled and disappointed that a movie with 8 months of marketing and post-production left to complete has a vague reveal trailer.

Pacing was off, music was average (Sorry Williams) and overall looked generic. Common this movie was made by the guy who made Looper.

I still think this is going to be better then The Force Awakens

scoobs

Some thoughts:

- Cool to see Luke apparently training Rey. It looks like she emerged from a cave at the start of the trailer, could it be similar to the cave on Dagobah where Luke fought Vader?

- The force being "far more than light and darkness" sounds VERY interesting. Could there be more shades of grey to the Force than we've realized? That goes in hand with the "end of the Jedi" idea at the end of the trailer and the talk that Luke is a far darker character in this film.

- What was with that random shot of tree branches on a wall with the plume of light? I have no idea what that was about.

- Looks like we're getting a Hoth-style land battle with AT-ATs going against the Resistance's new airspeeder which look super cool. And it may just be the way it was cut, but it looked like one was being piloted by a still-comatose Finn?

- Yay for more space battles, and it looks like this one will be at a far greater scale than Force Awakens. I'm okay with this.

- The biggest shot is the destroyed mask of Vader. It looks like Kylo Ren might go on a bit more of a freakout than we expect.

But yeah, I'm hyped. It's nice that this trailer basically didn't reveal anything, no cool teases, no story hints, nothing.
Pretty positive that was Kylo's mask.

Wow FA was already beautiful to look at, and this looks even better.

One thing I noted tho (might be just me) but there is something about the color that seems off, It's got a very muted, yellowish color palette, not a fan of it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They have a difficult balance with trying to understand the force going forwards, im not sure how much I want to know about the mystery of it all.

They are not stupid, they will preserve the mysticism of the Force.

It seems like this movie will focus on Luke trying to redefine what it means to be a Jedi, to tear down the concept altogether. Rey will be the first of the "new Jedi" that Snoke is so afraid of. We've seen a lot about grey Jedi in the past and this movie seems to head in that direction.

sphinx

the piano man
stupid question time..

who is it at 0:48 watching the galactic hologram.. Leia? kylo? can't think of anyone..

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Dare I say that I feel like Finn will wake up and suddenly be able to wield the force at some point in this series?

I wish we got some shots of Rose or Laura Dern but they really didn't want to give much away huh

It looks so good. And the music was great. Love Rey's Theme.

Shit, they're really going with that
Jedi and Sith are BOTH bad and the Force must have balance between light and dark
aren't they?

On the one hand, that contradicts everything Lucas said about the Force.

But on the other hand, Fuck Lucas, lets see how they pull this off!

Both sides are just as bad. Maybe the Sith had a good reason to blow up several planets. At the very least, we should debate the Sith instead of punching them.

#moderate

BFIB

Luke is going to change our perception of what a Jedi and a Sith are. We're going next level now.

So yeah, all that shit you thought you knew about how the Force works? That's not how the Force works. We're moving forward now.

Luke's been learning how to burn off all the shit you don't need. All the dogma, all the rules. Expectations. All that shit.

Can't wait.

I'm excited they're remaking KOTOR 2 too.

Boof

I love how people see Finn for a second and assume he is gonna be in a coma the whole movie... lol

And we see a few flashes of a battle and it's automatically a remake of other movies. Let's watch the thing first.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Ok then im safe to watch atleast 1 more after this. But who am I kidding, Ill have to watch all 3 of them. Even if I want to go media blackout, my will is too weak!

Exactly. Some people will never be satisfied when it comes to star wars. But every single person complaining will buy a ticket and love the movie.

Yeah I will try to stop after the second trailer.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Btw, I feel a great disturbance in the force.

As if a million YouTuber webcams suddenly turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom