• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priz

In case anyone needs to charge multiple joycon sets...

http://www.thanko.jp/shopdetail/000000002782/

0l9Akhg.jpg

Decided to finally add another eshop to my Switch and opted for Canada, as that's where I get most of my PSN purchases from as the exchange rate CAD<>UK means it works out slightly cheaper.

However.....I didnt know about sales tax! Was never an issue when buying on PSN but meant i've had to pay an extra 5% on purchases :/

Pick the province of Alberta for the lowest sales tax.

I was wondering if it is wise for the Switch to be left out of major AAA reveals like, Dragon Quest XI and Call of Duty WW2?

Even though we might have some hints that those games will have Switch versions later. Is it wise for Nintendo to not push for reveal day announcements? Considering how early in the life the system still is and people are looking at what kind of support it is getting.

Saw 6 available in a Walmart in Gwinnett if you are in the Atlanta area and trying to get one

this is a good sign

I was wondering if it is wise for the Switch to be left out of major AAA reveals like, Dragon Quest XI and Call of Duty WW2?

Even though we might have some hints that those games will have Switch versions later. Is it wise for Nintendo to not push for reveal day announcements? Considering how early in the life the system still is and people are looking at what kind of support it is getting.

this is a good sign
Call Of Duty isn't coming to the Switch.

Tubie

this is a good sign

I'm honestly fine with the switch as an indie and nintendo games machine.

But I imagine publishers changing their stance on it if it continues to sell so much.

shrug. Not saying it is, just asking if it is wise to be left out of major AAA title announcements for the platform.
They can't do nothing about it. Dragon Quest XI was confirmed that it's coming to the Switch but they are working on it still.
What did you want? For them to so footage of unfinished work on the Switch when the other versions are close to done?
Anyone expecting major AAA titles for the Switch will be severely disappointed in the future.
Nintendo will be fine because most people buying the console do it for Nintendo first party titles and they have indie titles to pad out their catalogue.

Are there any third party kick stands available that might be a more snug fit? I can literally lightly blow my breath on the kick stand and it will fall down, I'm using a piece of tape to hold it up which is ridiculous for a $300 piece of hardware.

Also Puyo Puyo Tetris is digital crack.

xJavonta

Banned
Wow 1 2 switch is trash

picked it up on a whim to play w/ others, and its so so bad.
Yeah I'm pretty pissed that I paid full price for it now that I've had it for a while. $50 is asinine. Zelda is $10 more and I've gotten SO much more mileage out of it. I'm not even done with it yet.

Living the dream
Lmao

Jealous of everyone with beds conducive to this. Mine has no headboard so alas, I cannot live the dream.
No I haven't tried it, I'll look into it though, I see this one in just about every store and I might give it a shot too, I'm kind of fed up dealing with the built in one at this point.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a...tendo-switch-charcoal/5729902.p?skuId=5729902
The Hori stand is nice cus it adds additional height, and has multiple angle settings. It's also cheap :)

Chucker

What ended up being the decided upon screen protector?

My Hori one ended up being a dud, but I think I remember something about tempered glass?

Korezo

What ended up being the decided upon screen protector?

My Hori one ended up being a dud, but I think I remember something about tempered glass?

I have the amFilm protector but going to try the ozrly one next since the 2 times I played in dock mode the amfilm kept losing adhesive in the bottom left corner. I feel like taking the entire thing off. I placed the protector with perfect alignment to.

SteveWD40

Call Of Duty isn't coming to the Switch.

Agreed, the engine has come on a way from when it could run on anything. I would be surprised if the series as a whole never makes it though, BOPS2 WiiU had a crazy high attach rate, COD4 remastered could run and will probably get a standalone release this year.

Nesther

There goes my dream of playing the Switch online on the go: tried playing Puyo Puyo Tetris online on my mobile hotspot and it's impossible due to NAT.

Nesther

There goes my dream of playing the Switch online on the go: tried playing Puyo Puyo Tetris online on my mobile hotspot and it's impossible due to NAT.

Seems like I'm not completely out of luck, after rebooting both my Switch and phone I got into a Puzzle League match on my first try, second try now is being a bit iffy. Hopefully MK8D deals with this NAT stuff better.

Cerbero

Had a weird issue yesterday, i was watching the SFII trailer in the news section and the playback started slowing down to a full stop, i tried to push the B button, nothing, home button, still nothing, i was about to try a forced reset but the system unfroze and responded to the previous inputs.

derFeef

Hmm, I need a short-burst game for the switch. Thinking about Pyo Pyo but I am not sure. Maybe I will save money for MK8?
I really want Spelunky on here.

Disktrasa

Banned
I keep My Switch in the dock most of the time, dont use it so much right now, is that bad, the battery is always loading and 100%

Can that damage the unit?

Phoenixus

GAME are advertising pre-orders for the standalone dock. AFAIK you can't buy it elsewhere in the UK. Will be available from 19 May.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-docking-station-1891389

Price?

£99.99

FUCK!

I really want one of these as well so that I can set it up for the kids and they don't have to play in the "adult's" sitting room. But £100 is daylight robbery. Any word on third party solutions?

No surprise considering it's GAME. Hopefully third parties do jump on that train, a hori dock would likely be great.

zigg

I keep My Switch in the dock most of the time, dont use it so much right now, is that bad, the battery is always loading and 100%

Can that damage the unit?
Your battery might wear out faster. Or it might not.

Li-Ion batteries have traditionally preferred to be stored partially discharged. It used to be a laptop battery's death sentence to have it always installed in an always-powered computer.

Battery technology has evolved, though. That might not still be the case? Not sure.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Love the system after finally getting one yesterday. Only played in handheld mode.

Hate the price of accessories still. I'm gonna roll Zelda + Snipperclips and maybe grab Kart.

I'll get accessories down the road as I don't feel like blowing another $150-$200 on that right now.

Love the system after finally getting one yesterday. Only played in handheld mode.

Hate the price of accessories still. I'm gonna roll Zelda + Snipperclips and maybe grab Kart.

I'll get accessories down the road as I don't feel like blowing another $150-$200 on that right now.

I have put in over 100 hours with Zelda only in handheld mode. I don't even bother to walk across the room to plug the switch into it's dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom