• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Hopman cup is allowing fans to come in the arenas to watch the players practice. Here's a couple of pics of the practice sessions

C014r9xXEAALpkd.jpg

C014r-JXAAAIb9L.jpg

Ricker

New Tennis season already,Brisbane starts monday.This is the year for Genie,c'mon girl ;) ...I mean she looks in shape to me ;) :p

AYkwOsp.jpg

She plays Shelby Rodgers in R1...

Oh yeah Rodgers gave her fits at Rogers cup right? They play eachother in a couple hours

edit: I can't wait to see this Destanee Aiava girl from Australia play. She's only 16 and just steamrolled her competition in Brisbane qualifying

Ricker

Eugenie lost.

Starts 2017 0-1

Yep,at least she won a set lol...and I just found out that TennisTV does not carry the WTA anymore..the WTA announced that they will have their own streaming service this year but the platform is not ready yet,so I couldnt watch the tournament...one local cable channel up here(TVASports) got the rights to the season for tournaments outside of the Slams but are not broadcasting Brisbane.

oti

Banned
Yep,at least she won a set lol...and I just found out that TennisTV does not carry the WTA anymore..the WTA announced that they will have their own streaming service this year but the platform is not ready yet,so I couldnt watch the tournament...one local cable channel up here(TVASports) got the rights to the season for tournaments outside of the Slams but are not broadcasting Brisbane.

Do you have DAZN? They have Brisbane and Sydney but since the Happy Slam is around the corner I won't subscribe right now. Bummer the Slams are exclusive to the Eurosport Player.

Do you have DAZN? They have Brisbane and Sydney but since the Happy Slam is around the corner I won't subscribe right now. Bummer the Slams are exclusive to the Eurosport Player.

they are? bummer, i subscribed to DAZN to watch nba and i hoped it would allow me to watch GS too.

they air on local TV so it's all good.

in other news:
imago-sp-1231-14050007-26690474.jpg

am i allowed to ship that? do we do shipping in tennis?

Serena is about to start her match against Parmentier in Auckland. Too bad tennis channel only has the rights to Perth and Brisbane so I can't watch :(

edit: Serena won 6-3, 6-4. I bet she looked sluggish

16 y/o Aussie Destanee Aiava won her 4th consecutive match in Brisbane today. She was inspired to play tennis by watching Serena Williams play when she was 5

oti

Banned
Eurosport Player GET!

They have Qatar, Brisbane and the Hopman Cup for this two weeks and of course the Australian Open after that.

Bummer their Amazon Fire TV app is still trash. Works alright with Chromecast.

oti

Banned
Your boy Zverev beat Federer again today. The teenager now has a winning record against Fed. Changing of the guard is nigh

The way that kid plays truly is astonishing. It's as if he just skipped years on the tour. Let's just hope he can stay focused and healthy.

Mladenovic is fangirling about Roger lol
She said she's too nervous to speak because she's about to play him in the interview.

"Roger please not too fast or too hard please"

��������

Ricker

Well, I don't get tennis channel :p

That's a shame :(

Edit - Just saw that it's over.........at least he beat Rafa

Yeah,Tennis channel is a no go in Canada and Tennis TV is a pay thing,last year it was 10 bucks for a day,50 for 3 months I think...Sportsnet usually show the semis and finals(well SN1)...

I subscribed to TVASport for the WTA stuff,its like 3 bucks a month more on my satellite plan,they dont have ATP though.I thought the Brisbane final was at 8 this morning,since they schedule it there,I figured 8 in the morning,it must be Live lol and went to take a look at Live Tennis score when I woke up...freakin game was at 4 in the morning,so TVA is not always live,will have to remember that.

Pliskova easily beat Cornet.

I wonder how many ATP players watched the second set of Murray/Djokovic just there and knew they'd never, ever be that good. Utterly insane level of play, the physical and technical demands of the rallies almost unbelievable, at least until Djokovic lost his cool after failing to serve out.

He'd almost became the first player to go through a match with Murray without losing his serve in 111 matches (Murray had to save 3MPs before doing so). He was averaging 80% first serves in until he served for the match.

Hope the final set lives up to the first two.

Top Bottom