• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
ayyyyyyyy, retro went with my title suggestion, i am far prouder of this than i probably should be.

Pronoun: He
Preferred Game: 1. Stanime 2. infamous
Time Zone: gmt+12

CCS

Banned
Preferred Game: Asylum, or failing that Infamous (sorry melon, love role madness too much)
Time Zone: GMT+1 I think (UK people, is that what we're on now we're on daylight saving time?)

May death never stop you.

cabot

Pronoun: Dude
Preferred game(s): Burbs' game
Time-zone: GMT-3

what's good?

oh hai.

Preferred game(s): Animu game would be my main keikaku (keikaku means plan), Infamous as second.
Time-zone: SCOTLAND TIME (uh...GMT ....+1????????????)

acohrs

Preferred game(s): any
Time-zone: GMT

Give me the game with the most new players! Want to traumatise peeps

acohrs

Imagine me and acohrs in a role madness game together. What a time to be alive.

We'll end up as lovers.

4733b1c2876ad8a73a82e52114ce0e5d.jpg

Coppanuva

Sadly can't play this season since I got a wedding (and I don't think my wife would appreciate me playing during our honeymoon or the weeks leading up to it). All new people should sign up though!

Sadly can't play this season since I got a wedding (and I don't think my wife would appreciate me playing during our honeymoon or the weeks leading up to it). All new people should sign up though!

WEDDING GAMBIT

#ScumTell
Hope you wedding well, Coppacha~

acohrs

Disagree with Coppa, getting married in September and lynching imaginary characters in a game makes all the wedding stuff funner and more tolerable!

What's that honey? I need to send out 100 letters and find out all the addresses? Sure let me go online and get someone lynched and then I will do it!

Ty4on

Preferred game: Any
Time-zone: CEST (GMT+2)

To new players: There is a learning curve, but there isn't always a big gap between new and old players. In our last season some of the standout plays came from new players.

acohrs

Preferred game: Any
Time-zone: CEST (GMT+2)

To new players: There is a learning curve, but there isn't always a big gap between new and old players. In our last season some of the standout plays came from new players.

Shitpost, always Shitpost. Never do anything else but shitpost

Kawl_USC

Me
Anime>infamous>not role madness I mean it
Chicago time, but in Houston

Lmk that venmo username burb and checks in the mail

Swamped

Banned

I know how that feels! It's a sacrifice that you (probably) won't/will regret. Make sure to get a waterproof phone so you can still follow mafia games while scuba diving or whatever

Hmm I'm still deciding if I can play this season or not. Leaning towards YES. But need to confirm a few things first.

Nice to meet all the new players too.

acohrs

It is a decent scum strat, I'll give you that :p

Worked so well in the first game that I'm still using it now, 4 or 5 games later and being lynched nearly always in one or two days. It's going to start working again soon though, any game now!

Natiko

Banned
Worked so well in the first game that I'm still using it now, 4 or 5 games later and being lynched nearly always in one or two days. It's going to start working again soon though, any game now!
Poor acorn. Just trying to get that same high again. Always wanting another fix.

Elandyll

Banned
Sounds like a ton of fun, not sure I can commit the regular time needed though, but I'll definitely consider it.

Has there been a Claymore flavored mafia game? Sounds like the perfect setting almost (GM= mayor at first, overseeing lynching, then at some pre determined turn a Claymore, while a group of Yoma looking like players, devouring a player each night, is rampaging. Humans have to designate who they think is a Yoma each day cycle to the Claymore, at everyone's knowledge, the Claymore revealing right before a night cycle if the designated was human or not (if human they would not kill him though.)
I suppose that because of that last element games would tend to be shorter.

Coppanuva

Disagree with Coppa, getting married in September and lynching imaginary characters in a game makes all the wedding stuff funner and more tolerable!

What's that honey? I need to send out 100 letters and find out all the addresses? Sure let me go online and get someone lynched and then I will do it!

Oh no no that's perfectly fine. But I'm getting married in May so that's a completely different beast :p Can you imagine how much regret I would have if I made us mislynch because I was doing something silly like saying my vows?

I know how that feels! It's a sacrifice that you (probably) won't/will regret. Make sure to get a waterproof phone so you can still follow mafia games while scuba diving or whatever

Hmm I'm still deciding if I can play this season or not. Leaning towards YES. But need to confirm a few things first.

Nice to meet all the new players too.

The return of Swamped! Yes! Probably only snorkeling (as much as I would love to SCUBA), but looking forward to speccing this season.

Ourobolus

Banned
Protip for new players: If you're town, and you've been lynching town for 8 million days in a row, maybe your line of thinking isn't exactly on the right track

Kawl_USC

Protip for new players: If you're town, and you've been lynching town for 8 million days in a row, maybe your line of thinking isn't exactly on the right track
Nah that's the mistake scum is hoping you make. Stay the course forever and always newbies

Ty4on

Or as Cabot keeps saying, the flip was wrong not my argument
So scummy they flipped town.
Sounds like a ton of fun, not sure I can commit the regular time needed though, but I'll definitely consider it.
If you're unsure about activity then these main season games have the longest days and nights at 4/3 days so a week in total. Activity varies from game to game, but day 1, the most active, is usually not more than 1500 posts. That sounds like a lot, but if you can catch up every day and have time to keep up near end of day it isn't that much.
If you can't keep up or something happens IRL you can also ask the moderator for a replacement.
Also, new players: never trust the Force :p
Will town ever lie for no reason whatsoever?
Yes, all the time.

*Splinter

Nah that's the mistake scum is hoping you make. Stay the course forever and always newbies
One of these will be correct in each game. Don't worry, just know that the spec thread will ridicule you mercilessly if you guess wrong 👍

*Splinter

Also never lie.

Unless you have a reason to lie, in which case go nuts. Lie until you're blue in the face. Lie until you've forgotten the truth.

It's everyone else's fault if they can't keep up.

Kawl_USC

Yeah this is a good plan. Also related: Go big or go home. If you aren't making insane roleclaims in the first 2 days you're deadweight. Right Kawl?

Remember as scum always claim Miller to get out in front of the cop who isn't in the game.

Except for the third party role who acts as a semi cop on their way out as a final fuck you.

Always trust blarg.

Never trust blarg.

Everyone else is an idiot except for you.

Every man is an island.

Play a logically sound game if you want to be the odd man out.

Remember that nobody actually knows what they're doing. More experienced players are just better at hiding that fact.

If you're unsure about activity then these main season games have the longest days and nights at 4/3 days so a week in total. Activity varies from game to game, but day 1, the most active, is usually not more than 1500 posts. That sounds like a lot, but if you can catch up every day and have time to keep up near end of day it isn't that much.
If you can't keep up or something happens IRL you can also ask the moderator for a replacement.

Not sure if anything was definitively settled on, but there was a lot of talk about making days a bit shorter.

Subscribed!

Anime-Gafia is cool with me. Main season would be preferred since I'm new
Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time MDT

Sign me up. I have many years of experience.

EDIT: Infamous flavor.

What the hell. I have always wanted to get in on this, so...

Pronoun: She
Preferred game(s): Animafia
(Please list multiple games, in order of preference.)
Time-zone: Eastern (U.S.)

Fuck it, why not.

Preferred game(s): Anime or Arkham.
Time-zone: EST

Welcome to hello

You'll each be PM'd your Team/Role to play, once the sign-ups are through and you're sorted into a game. The [Mafia] game threads will be up soon after (over on OT Community-side).

This is the pre-game lobby, relax, mingle

Top Bottom