• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ian McKellan makes a surprise appearance in last nights Graham Norton Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
xmen crew always have great episodes on this show. mckellen/stewart friendship is awesome. they seem pretty close. they should do a travel show or some shit.

Neptune

One of the best Graham Norton Show episodes ever. All three are very naturally funny and have great chemistry together. I feel like Graham himself hardly said anything during the entire show.

Gowans

One of the best Graham Norton Show episodes ever. All three are very naturally funny and have great chemistry together. I feel like Graham himself hardly said anything during the entire show.
That's what makes him such a good host.

Great episode, haven't laughed as much at a Graham Norton show in a while. I genuinely fear the day Stewart and McKellen are out of the movie business. Amazing people.

Just a side note, Patrick Stewart doesn't seem to have aged a day for about 20 years now.

spuckthew

I ended up rewinding to the beginning and watching the whole episode lol. Those three are truly superb, and Graham is a good host for just letting it happen naturally.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This is fantastic. I loved when Patrick Stewart went

"I have just had an idea. This is awesome."

Edit: I think James Blunt must have one of those posters in someone's attic too. Man doesn't look a day over 20

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

That's what makes graham Best TV Show host in the world for years now (for me). He just makes all celebrity feel calm and he lets them speak and make it feel like a casual chat, instead of interrupting every 20 seconds or trying to be funnier then the guest.

Certinty

One of the best episodes of the show easily. Even James Blunt being there at the end was amazing, probably the best cast ever on the show.

NekoFever

I was watching this with my girlfriend and we wondered whether Patrick Stewart was drunk, then Ian McKellan shows up really hammered. Hilarious.

The episode for Monuments Men when they had Bill Murray, Hugh Bonneville and Matt Damon all rowdy and increasingly drunk was also brilliant.

MarveI

Hugh Jackman is something. To be able to be so sincere and honest and show his love like that with no fear or anything speaks so much about him as a person. The way he talked about Patrick and Ian. Just speaks from the heart and that's really rare to have in front of a camera.

Also I cannot express how much I love this trio. I feel like legit being at the end of a stretch like people are leaving me. This whole Jackman-McKellen-Stewart trio kickstarted my love for the genre in a way no one else has achieved. 2 fckn decades I've been with them. And to see them together one last time...just writing this is getting me incredibly emotional. F ! Logan is going to wreck me emotionally.

And please can we get a comedy with these 3 ? Ian and Patrick are incredibly funny people.

kharma45

That's what makes graham Best TV Show host in the world for years now (for me). He just makes all celebrity feel calm and he lets them speak and make it feel like a casual chat, instead of interrupting every 20 seconds or trying to be funnier then the guest.

Made me laugh when he had to remind james blunt to plug his new album and tour.

One of the best episodes of the show easily. Even James Blunt being there at the end was amazing, probably the best cast ever on the show.

Close but I still think the hugh bonneville/Matt Damon/bill Murray episode is the best ever.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Best chat show imo

Also, they advertised him on UK TV so wasn't a surprise to viewers, sadly

Requiem

The whole thing is more than worth the watch

Couldn't stop smiling/laughing during the whole interview...you can tell these guys love each other

VAD

Are there other movies where Stewart and McKellen appear together? I only know them because of the Xmen.

Jackpot

Banned
Zs70X4X.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom