• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

With Varian and Valera everywhere I find going back out very tricky - it's a ridiculous amount of hard cc. And generally quick match has been 'okay' for technical practise on skills - yes you get bad games, but overall it was useful. Right now though it's absolute trash.

Just going to have to go into unranked draft and be one of those dicks who forces a hero no matter what, but I hate inflicting that on people!

Milly79

Gotta do what you gotta do at the end of the day to get decent games. As long as you're not going in and showing a good hero then picking a shit one or forcing a shit hero to begin with, I don't see any issue with that.

That's an obnoxious combo, and anyone who queues it up duo in QM is scum, but while it's common to see either, together the frequency should drop off.

I've not had many issues facing either alone in QM.

scoobs

I played 4 games this morning and every single one had Murky and Valeera on both sides
Dawson_Crying.gif

brian!

Except that when she uses stealth shes unrevealable for 1 second. So you can't stop the cheapshot even if you want to and are ready for it.

Whatever, I'll be the one person on here that thinks shes OP. When she's at the top of the meta in a month we can look back on this and just appreciate my incredible foresight ;)

The fact that shes unrevealable really makes me wonder why ppl insist on engaging stealthed, isnt it much better to fight exposed and stealth/stun mid fight?

The other night for kicks I was playing QM with a friend and choosing Warcraft heroes for the 15 match quest. As a joke I showed him Cho and he showed Gall so we went for it. We hadn't played this pair since he launched and you got the gold for playing him with new people. It was a blast and we ended up winning so that's always good.

scoobs

Cho'Gall with an actual friend is probably the most fun you can have in this game, particularly when drinks are involved.

Kioshen

The fact that shes unrevealable really makes me wonder why ppl insist on engaging stealthed, isnt it much better to fight exposed and stealth/stun mid fight?

That has been the conclusion of a couple of high players recently regarding her and why the poison build has been going up.

Cho'Gall with an actual friend is probably the most fun you can have in this game, particularly when drinks are involved.

Bonus points when the heavier drinker gets on Cho.

brian!

Really do think making murky's deaths cost more (both exp and timer) is a good solution if they want to keep him as a threat. It also makes stealing camps actually dangerous and makes him less braindead

Alur

The 8 second death timer is not very noticeable most of the time. There are points where it comes into play, but those 3 seconds really don't amount to much.

Dying when you have Big Tuna Kahuna does feel more impactful, however, and that's 16 seconds IIRC. Maybe 12 is a good sweet spot, but not sure I'd take Big Tuna Kahuna if that was the move going forward.

The reddit monster is starting to wake up again on Murky after release.

Was only a matter of time. His winrate/pick rate numbers alone will get him looked at, though. My only curiosity is if they eventually send him almost all the way back to how he was a-la Rehgar post-buffs, or if they find a way to keep this new version in working order but less impactful.

Prelude.

So far one of the must fun things of Murky (for me, for them it's probably a nightmare) is how strong he is in the late game and how much the enemy team underestimates him. Between the slime stacks, easy bodyblocks from the slow, bubble that heals, once they realize they can't kill me it's already too late for them. And yet, they keep to 1v1 me.

brian!

Im om w/ a scaling murky as long as his deaths are meaningful and his weaknesses exacerbated, i think that solving his unfunness, which to me is really about how much effort you have to put in for very low reward, is a good direction to go

Xeteh

Just got in a QM. Murky Valeera on both teams. Preparing for a fun time.

Edit: Falstad rage quits and tells us to all go fuck ourselves and enjoy the loss at the 6 minute mark after feeding 3 times to Valeera. Excellent stuff.

Valeera has instantly deleted about 9 people so far. We're having fun down 4 levels!

QM you're just the happiest place on earth.

Alur

So far one of the must fun things of Murky (for me, for them it's probably a nightmare) is how strong he is in the late game and how much the enemy team underestimates him. Between the slime stacks, easy bodyblocks from the slow, bubble that heals, once they realize they can't kill me it's already too late for them. And yet, they keep to 1v1 me.

If you're taking the healing bubble you're actually giving the enemy an easier time. The Fish Tank talent at 13 is the one that truly makes him the menace he is in this iteration. Once you get an auto in it's Katie bar the door because you stick like no other and the autos keep giving you 75 armor.

Prelude.

If you're taking the healing bubble you're actually giving the enemy an easier time. The Fish Tank talent at 13 is the one that truly makes him the menace he is in this iteration. Once you get an auto in it's Katie bar the door because you stick like no other and the autos keep giving you 75 armor.
I tried both, I felt like the healing was letting me be more aggressive, 50% health back is a lot of fucking healing. Isn't it only physical armor anyway?

scoobs

That was an awesome ToD game by PD! Medivh portals so on point. PD is not that far away from being a top 3 team in EU

Alur

I tried both, I felt like the healing was letting me be more aggressive, 50% health back is a lot of fucking healing. Isn't it only physical armor anyway?

It is but that is a majority of the damage you encounter outside of whatever splash you might run into Valeera style. If you're being focused by spells or ultimates (which I definitely have been post patch) that's actually a net plus for your team.

Going with the bubble heal you're taking a heal that only gives you 50% of a small amount of HP to begin with and does so only once every 14 seconds. The armor is constant. I'd argue you'd probably be better off just taking Egg Shell even over the heal. If it was still 100% like it used to be it'd be a hands down winner, but to me it lags behind either of those options because of the long cooldown of Bubble and the way he's been redesigned.

Insofar as 13 talents go, all three of them are pretty dece compared to other heroes options for sure, but the way he is currently designed feels like the best value comes from all in "true Murky" style than attempting to dis-engage and re-engage repeatedly like he was played prior to the rework. He just gets too much value sticking in as long as possible and eating that .25 death if necessary, particularly as the game wears on.

Alur

The 75% thing also demands that they take care of you and blow cds on you while the healing is contingent on e cd

Pretty much. You can't be killed by conventional means like a true raid boss, which is scary.

It makes them feel like they have to use their big cooldowns on you, which means they don't use them on your team...and then you come back in 8 seconds but your team hasn't ate a few spells or ults that they would have otherwise.

I've had so many ults wasted on me in the last few days. Proto and I have even played a few games where even BEFORE 13, in just the regular laning phase, they were so preoccupied with me than they sent as many as 3 people to stay in lane with just me to prevent stacking and so forth. It cost them dearly, of course, because they got caved in elsewhere, but that's kind of where he is now.

brian!

I mean she's a niche pick that is strong on these maps and in certain drafts, isnt that good

I guess i could see it in the sense of please dont let the badly designed and unfun hero become feasible

Shes prtty good on dshire too

Could use an e nerf i guess

3 out of 9 maps is not niche anymore and that's the issue. I like playing chromie and I don't mind playing against her but I would absolutely dread facing her in high level competitive and I don't consider watching it, or Hammer for that manner, fun in any way.

Oh a Samuro on Braxis for Playing Ducks.

brian!

Oh yeah, i can get on board with that. I still consider it niche tho since she's good at a "type" of map

Like compared to stuff like rag or malf who are always good for ex.

Prelude.

It is but that is a majority of the damage you encounter outside of whatever splash you might run into Valeera style. If you're being focused by spells or ultimates (which I definitely have been post patch) that's actually a net plus for your team.

Going with the bubble heal you're taking a heal that only gives you 50% of a small amount of HP to begin with and does so only once every 14 seconds. The armor is constant. I'd argue you'd probably be better off just taking Egg Shell even over the heal. If it was still 100% like it used to be it'd be a hands down winner, but to me it lags behind either of those options because of the long cooldown of Bubble and the way he's been redesigned.
So, how does it work exactly? Basic attacks give 75 physical armor that lasts 2 seconds and every basic attack resets those 2 seconds constantly keeping 75 armor up?

Maledict

So, how does it work exactly? Basic attacks give 75 physical armor that lasts 2 seconds and every basic attack resets those 2 seconds constantly keeping 75 armor up?

Yep. It basically makes auto attacks useless against you. God knows what they were thinking putting that talent on him, but I've tanked a zul'jin at 1 hitpoint and Taz'Dingo activated with it (and then killed him).

Kioshen

Chromie eating a first Ban on Braxis Holdout against Fnatic, Hammer getting picked on towers. Not liking where this meta is headed at all.

She can help hold a point like Braxxis but it was also a targeted ban against shwimpy. Not sure she would have a first ban against another team except ironically Playing Ducks because of Chris.

She can help hold a point like Braxxis but it was also a targeted ban against shwimpy. Not sure she would have a first ban against another team except ironically Playing Ducks because of Chris.
I don't expect it to stop with these two players. Mene played her before in competitive, before blizzcon that is..

Milly79

Why what's up?

Tricked Esports taking 2 matches off Misfits by going triple warrior and tyrande is hilarious. SUCH good matches!

He just is playing like shit the last few times I've watched him. Face checking like a silver scrub. Used to come watch some high level eu gameplay but it's super bad.

Prelude.

453345mfq5c.jpg

That sums up my Murky experience so far.

Yep. It basically makes auto attacks useless against you. God knows what they were thinking putting that talent on him, but I've tanked a zul'jin at 1 hitpoint and Taz'Dingo activated with it (and then killed him).
Alright, now that I know hot it works it's preeetty good. 3 people on me and they took so long to kill me, lul.

Also, am I wasting my time asking Malfurions to take the drone to reveal the stealthies? No one takes it.

brian!

nt's comp is way better than gfe's it's their game to lose
the restraint on not hitting dat monk ult was really good from gfe

Altairre

He just is playing like shit the last few times I've watched him. Face checking like a silver scrub. Used to come watch some high level eu gameplay but it's super bad.

Yeah it's a bit weird honestly. Sometimes he even says "I probably shouldn't do this" and then he does it anyway and dies. I still enjoy his streams thogh.

Top Bottom