• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX ONE multiplayer and store has been down for 16hrs now in the UK

"If you’re having some issues joining the “Squad Assault” game mode or viewing the leaderboards for Call of Duty: Ghosts, we’ve got your back"

Gee, they are so good to us!

mocoworm

I was forgiving for a few hours, but it's now 16hrs and counting. Unscheduled and in launch week... with no explanation or communication from MS. As a paying customer I am not happy.

lherre

Accurate
Dat 300 k servers ...

Joking aside, it's strange that it is taking so many hours to fix it but understandable when you start a new service like Live on Xbox One.

Ubersnug

I was playing online all of last night from 7:30pm till about 12:10am, didn't once encounter a problem.

EDIT - Was playing Ryse Co-op and battlefield 4, uploading video capture to upload and skydrive and also downloading the second assault dlc too.

No cloud in UK? That's a first.

iWwsOOOm6UfC9.gif

mocoworm

Can ppl who are in the UK please post if you are online right now and get into matchmaking.

This issue is MULTIPLAYER related

Microsoft Status Updates said:
Social and Gaming unavailable

Affected platforms:

Xbox One
Affected services:
Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members

25/11/2013 18:21:35 GMT

We're OT already so I'll ask this here!
What does "snap" mean? I asssume it comes from the card game where you shout "snap" when two identical cards appear and I hear it in real life when you see someone with the same jumper as you or something, but people just interject it totally at random on GAF. Is it a meme? Or is there a US meaning?

I don't see how when it wasn't for any of me and my pals and the status on the link I posted in the OP (xbox.com) clearly says it's been off since 6pm last night.
I was playing BF4 and FIFA 14. I have videos uploaded from FIFA too. Unless neither of those two were affected.

The infinite power of the British cloud

I'm pretty sure the infinite power source is actually British moaning. Quoting Andy Parsons (can't remember exact words): We're always moaning about how long the queue is taking and how those damn foreigners don't have any idea of what a bloody good queue looks like!

So if this happened with the original DRM policies still in tact, is it possible that people wouldn't even be able to access single player games?

Top Bottom