• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

Risgroo

Hopefully this turns out okay, Vita could use a few good games right now. Not focusing on Desmond is a start, but seeing the developer's previous games...uhh.

SSReborn

Ughh the negativity

Anyway hoping for the best gonna remain optimistic hope it can give a different perspective to the story told in AC3. Kinda like with Ada's missions in RE4.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm down for this as long as e gameplay style is that of the console versions, and not the odd games they've done in the past. Open world, traversal, etc.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Ughh the negativity

Anyway hoping for the best gonna remain optimistic hope it can give a different perspective to the story told in AC3. Kinda like with Ada's missions in RE4.

but the negative comments are from posters with miscellaneous Nintendo avatars... :)

lets see the game first

lilltias

Ubisoft Sofia:
Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Chessmaster DS
PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder

I don't really have high hopes :p

That's not fair to the devs. They seem to have gotten shitty jobs with fucked up deadlines. Hopefully they can shine with this.

DieH@rd

Banned
That's not fair to the devs. They seem to have gotten shitty jobs with fucked up deadlines. Hopefully they can shine with this.

Nobody though that Rocksteady can make good Batman game. They received ton of shit from the gamers and press because they did not have good track record.

I'm gonna wait for Sony/Ubisoft pressconf and see how game looks, after that, hate or love can commence. For now, I like what i've read.

I'd really need to scrutinize any and all gameplay videos and every piece of media to gauge if this game will be worth it. I don't have a Vita, and there's basically nothing else on the platform that I have any interest in whatsoever. But I'm a huge AC fan.

They always said it was coming but I never believed them...but holy shit female assassin. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS Vita purchase continues to be good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's not fair to the devs.

I'm not surmising anything about the devs. I'm surmising something about their track record. There are plenty of talented, hard-working devs whose output are poor games. I wouldn't insult anyone working for this team, who I'm sure are the utmost professionals.

They seem to have gotten shitty jobs with fucked up deadlines.

What makes you think this isn't a shitty job with a fucked up deadline?

Derrick01

Banned
I have no faith at all that this will turn out well or polished. I'd like it to as it gives me another reason to get a Vita but I just don't believe a third party will put a lot of effort and money into a Vita game at this point.

Comet

- Female assassin, yes please
- Same era as AC3, yes please
- True AC gameplay, yes please

Sounds good, let's see if it lives up to these basic bullet points.

Ridley327

What makes you think this isn't a shitty job with a fucked up deadline?

It's even coming out the same day as AC3; that's pretty much a fucked up deadline if I ever saw one.

History is not on Ubisoft Sofia's side.

The importance of the franschise to ubisoft.

All of the handheld games have ranged from kinda terrible to totally terrible. They care about the franchise as far as consoles are concerned, but they have never given two squirts of piss about how it's perceived on handhelds.

orioto

Good Art™
The worse is that, good OR bad, the game will never be perceived as important or legit for people. It's the psp effect full force.

But vita owners will be happy to play it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Out the same day? So the same day everyone who cares about the series already has to drop $60?

Moronic.

Yeah, that's the thing irritates me more. Look at Mirror of Fate, instead: out well before LoS2, which is a 2013 release. I fear they don't believe so much in this game, and it's a pity in my opinion.

As much as I love the main AC games... the series is full of tons of white hot shit. Plus, we all saw how they rushed out Revelations - which was a fine game, but nothing special. It certainly didn't help the brand.

There's the DS game, the PSP game, the phone games, the facebook game, etc.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

M0tJu.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how it looks/plays.

smh at everyone shitting on something they havent even seen a screenshot of yet.

Good stuff, nice to see that Vita is getting some love from Ubi.

But, does anyone else think that releasing it the same day as the main AC3 is somewhat counterproductive to initial sales? I can't help but feel that it may get overshadowed by it's bigger brother.

anddo0

Lots of people cashing in their chips based on the devs short history. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we see more. I think these guys may surprise a few people.

I do agree releasing next to AC3 is putting a little too much pressure on them. But that doesn't mean they can't deliver.

Ridley327

Good stuff, nice to see that Vita is getting some love from Ubi.

But, does anyone else think that releasing it the same day as the main AC3 is somewhat counterproductive to initial sales? I can't help but feel that it may get overshadowed by it's bigger brother.

Ubisoft didn't care when Bloodlines had the same problem coming out on the same day as AC2 and they're not going to care now.

Definitely curious about this one, as well as the other Vita titles along these lines (COD, etc.) to be shown at E3. Look forward to hearing more.

But that combination of developer and release date does little to inspire confidence.

Alrus

I wanted a female assassin for so long and they put one in a (most likely) mediocre spin-off :( Why can't I have a female assassin in the mainline games? Desmond surely had female ancestors too! >.>

Edit: Haha it's releasing the same day as AC III? Dead on arrival :/

creid

Sounds pretty neat. Hoping it's good though I won't get my hopes up too high. Glad there's no mention of PS3 connectivity, I don't want to switch platforms now!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Definitely curious about this one, as well as the other Vita titles along these lines (COD, etc.) to be shown at E3. Look forward to hearing more.

But that combination of developer and release date does little to inspire confidence.

Agreed. Probably in my top 2 of things I am most excited to see at E3.

Edit: that being the Vita lineup as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I'm curious to see how AC Vita turns out (especially considering it has a female protagonist) but the lineup as a whole is what really has me intrigued.

Top Bottom