• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Magic box is great, just a shame my mates think its crap and doesn't compare to bong hits.

Whats the verdict among Gaffers, use the glass stem or just inhale via the box?

Recon

Banned
Bong hits are instant high. Magic box is delayed high but when it hits you, it hits you good.

Bong hit is more of shooting a gun, and magic box is like dropping a bomb.

Bong hits are the best hits I have had. About 3 good hits and I feel grrrrrrreat!.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
First time I smoked out of a bong I was stupid, silly, falling over high. Man it was so fun. What was better is me and my friends did it in the woods, felt like I was in fucking Jurassic Park or some shit.

jaxword

Bong hits are instant high. Magic box is delayed high but when it hits you, it hits you good.

Bong hit is more of shooting a gun, and magic box is like dropping a bomb.

K9gG6.jpg

zerotol

Banned
What about knife hits? You put 2 butter knives in between the stove rings and get them hot as shit, then pick up the piece of bud with them, squish it and inhale it through a funnel. There's also gravity bong hits which require a bucket of water and a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off. These are kind of a pain in the ass way of stoning technology, but definitely interesting.

Aadil

Banned
What about knife hits? You put 2 butter knives in between the stove rings and get them hot as shit, then pick up the piece of bud with them, squish it and inhale it through a funnel. There's also gravity bong hits which require a bucket of water and a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off. These are kind of a pain in the ass way of stoning technology, but definitely interesting.

College.Shit.Makes.Me.Laugh.

When I use to smoke a lot( me and my roommate always bought an eight of dank everyday) I just think about sciences and end up studying or playing zombies with all of them :) but it has been a good while now.

nilbog21

Banned
Magic Box is sweet, but I wouldn't recommend using one in a car since you can definitely smell the weed even if the vapor doesn't. Maybe it's just my experience, but I can smell that shit from miles away. Maybe the ones I have seen weren't that clean. But ya it is an amazing device. I can't wait to see what other devices come after legalizing

Mr.Swag

Banned
Yea there is def a smell with the MFLB. you have to be close to it, but yea there's a smell.

Just today, Ive hit my bong on 3 different occasions lol.
Once in the morning, once when I got back home, and I finished all ma bud 2 hours ago. :(
Now, to get more.

aznpxdd

In my experience, the MFLB is really great the first 10-20 times you use it, but after that it's shit. I guess it's good for someone who doesn't smoke that often, but for regulars it just doesn't get the job done. There's no substitute for a good bong rip.

This is true. I only use the MFLB when I need to be REALLY discrete. If not, bong and gravity bong all day err day.

The high I get is just way too mellow from MFLB. A bong rip especially with some keef sprinkled on top is just HOLY SHIIIIT, this hit went straight to my brain!

What I read about the Seattle legalization FAQ was really perfect.

21 years old to carry.

No more than 1oz outside of the house (barring a long ass vacation you'd really never have to leave the house with more)

No opening contains outdoors (like alcohol)

When I showed that link to my GF she actually teared up a little bit. Damned if it didn't make me feel kinda patriotic too (just in the sense that our local gov can be changed). The only "criminal" activity either of us engage in is buying and smoking pot. We don't really feel like criminals, to not be one would really raise our quality of life. I'm sure if everyone who drank had to risk their freedom, reputation and vehicle every time they went to buy beer they'd embrace such a change with the same passion.

EDIT:

One worry I have are field sobriety test and drug test in general. For drug testing they'd need to find a way to test if it's been ingested that day. The field sobriety test for weed needs to be the same motor function they meter "drunk" driving with. That's another concern.

I hope to see the day it becomes legal in Cali.

verbum

I hope to see the day it becomes legal in Cali.

I think in about 10 years we'll see about 5 more states legalize it or completely decriminalize it (no charges for under an ounce as an example).
It really depends on Colorado since it is a new state to legalization. If there are major problems like drug related crime/traffic offenses increasing, other states may hold off.

Izayoi

Banned
There were hundreds of arrests/cases here (Washington) that were dismissed when 502 passed. It's fucking amazing, guys. It's really happening.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I don't smoke because I don't like messing with my lungs (I think I have sensitive lungs) and after doing shrooms a few times, weed is just a really really shitty time in comparison. Not to mention I'm not a fan of the smell.

IrishNinja

There were hundreds of arrests/cases here (Washington) that were dismissed when 502 passed. It's fucking amazing, guys. It's really happening.

that's so incredible, might turn out to be the best thing that happened that day if this causes a trend.

Am I the only one who prefers joints over a bong hit? I just fucking love to chill outside with a joint and get high slowly, you feel it coming up gradually. Bong hits are like BAM! RIGHT IN YO FACE BITCH, YOU'RE HIGH. Like chill out dude, I have all day, I'm not in a hurry.

Back in college when I didn't have to give a shit, I'd take a few bong hits and go to work, selling videogames. It was fun. Now that I'm older with kids?

Well, it'll be awhile before I do it again as a method of relaxation (can't cook with it, for example), but when the kids go to college it's ON. Vape and cook, no smoking. I quit cigarettes and don't want to go back to the tar/crappy feeling. Clean vapes and butter are the way to go.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Am I the only one who prefers joints over a bong hit? I just fucking love to chill outside with a joint and get high slowly, you feel it coming up gradually. Bong hits are like BAM! RIGHT IN YO FACE BITCH, YOU'RE HIGH. Like chill out dude, I have all day, I'm not in a hurry.

Right there with you

Plasmid

Got a MFLB on eBay for 77.79 today, cannot wait to use it. Smoked about 3 bowls between me an my roommate last night.

Also weed and Mario party 3 / SSB = fucking amazing.

I used to. Wake and bake, then go have breakfast at some restaurant. Diner food... Breakfast of champions.

We have a locally grown and raised breakfast place in town, fresh squeezes orange juice, fresh sausage, bacon etc. definitely waking and baking this winter and going.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I don't live on my own yet, but the first thing I'll do when I am is pack a bowl right after waking up.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't live on my own yet, but the first thing I'll do when I am is pack a bowl right after waking up.

Pack it before you go to bed. Place the bowl and lighter nearby. Smoke it right when you wake up before you even get out from under your sheets.

Then proceed to do nothing of importance for the rest of the day.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Pack it before you go to bed. Place the bowl and lighter nearby. Smoke it right when you wake up before you even get out from under your sheets.

Then proceed to do nothing of importance for the rest of the day.

..fuck

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck vaporizing, the harsher the better. I want to cough so hard my lungs bleed.

Agreed. I wanna actually feel something while I smoke, something scraping my lungs, something immediately making me want to choke and fuck up my brain, get me smacked for the entire night.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Paper tabs or sugar cubes? Hmmm..

I had a HORRIBLE trip on sugar cubes. First few times I did acid I tried paper tabs, which took about an hour to kick in.

The sugar cubes start kicking in about 15 minutes after first consumption. I had a huge steak meal before going to my buddies house thinking it was going to take an hour to kick in.

Long story short, I ended up throwing up, and thought I was throwing up blood and everything started turning red. Instant bad trip. My buddy who was on 5 hits was driving around Pasadena trying to calm me down, telling me I was not going to die. Not fun at all.

verbum

For people with asthma, I would recommend not smoking. Or for others around them to be smoking. Maybe a vaporizer would work, I don't know. But I see teenagers come in with very severe asthma attacks after being around people who smoke tobacco and/or pot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Agreed. I wanna actually feel something while I smoke, something scraping my lungs, something immediately making me want to choke and fuck up my brain, get me smacked for the entire night.

Heroin addicts probably love hitting the needle for the same reason. Pleasure through pain. Just jam that shit in there.

Top Bottom