• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

TankRizzo

Banned
still good here

Wu8CZyL.png

Maxim726X

I'm unfamiliar with what happened with Zero Time Dilemma, can anybody break it down for me?

Those who pre-ordered the special edition (with the watch) had to wait *months* to get said watch, only to find that it was damaged en route... Without much communication at all. I'm sure someone can recount the tale better than I, but there was in issue during shipment that caused damage to all of the watches.

still good here

Wu8CZyL.png

But are we still good? Or is this something akin to the ZTD fiasco, in which we all receive parts of the order, or damaged goods when they finally do arrive?

Hope something like that doesn't happen again. I'll take all my business to BestBuy, which I've never had a single issue with.

Papacheeks

Banned
I ordered mine just yesterday at Gamestop at the actual store, so I'm assuming this is for online preorders only? Or are retail store preorders affected as well?

Any answers Gaf?

Wereroku

What the hell kind of defect ruins an entire delivery? That's worrying. I hope it's just a faulty case or something that's easily fixable and nothing serious.

That's the question usually the seller would just send the shipment back. The fact that they are cancelling it is odd if it is really a defect. Unless they were defective and Atlus told them they were not producing anymore. Then they would cancel everything they couldn't fulfill.

This could be quite the shitshow. Imagine if they force everyone to pre-order the Take Your Heart edition again on a first-come-first-served basis, and people who had existing pre-orders get shut out of this new wave.

BriGuy

No word on a cancelation of my order from last June yet, but it's probably just a matter of time. Or Amazon just won't bother notifying me at all until April 4 rolls around and I'm left with my dick in my hand.

What's the issue? Lead paint? Cocaine-stuffed Morgana plushies?

Swiggins

I ordered mine just yesterday at Gamestop at the actual store, so I'm assuming this is for online preorders only? Or are retail store preorders affected as well?

Any answers Gaf?

If it's a defect with the actual steel book, it will probably affect all pre-orders, if it's just the shipment that Amazon got, it will only be their online pre-orders.

Unfortunately, we're all kinda flying blind at the moment...so basically...

2IuUuar.gif

//ARCANUM

My amazon order from June 7th, 2016 is still good (for now).

My best buy order for in store pickup from March 12th, 2017 is still good (for now).

I really hate that you have to get pre-orders in at multiple places for limited items to be safe in actually getting it. Even having it pre-ordered at 2 places, I still think it's a gamble that I'll actually receive it. Feels bad.

jbug617

Banned
I just checked Amazon and my order is still good. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I brought it down to $35 via bing rewards

Update: My order from Bestbuy was fixed. Apparently some system issue and not related to the "Amazon" incident. Thank jeebus.

Huh, phew.

Reddit thread on the matter has a Rep with a different take.

Never listen to Amazon reps, people. They have no clue what is actually happening.

It's still weird that orders are randomly being cancelled... I guess it's good (i.e. not as horrible as it could be) that the issue is only with Amazon and not everywhere? For now anyway.

Capella

Never listen to Amazon reps, people. They have no clue what is actually happening.

Saw this comment in another reddit thread. I also agree that we shouldn't listen to Amazon reps because all of these Amazon rep comments sound like they have no idea what is going on.

On call with Amazon right now (Canada).
Sounds like Atlus is being extremely hush with Amazon about what's going on. They've asked on my behalf what "dangerous good" meant and haven't gotten a response from Atlus but were told that they were cancelling all pre-orders on Amazon. It sounds like this might not be the case given some other responses on this forum.
Currently they're asking if there are any options or workarounds since this is quite strange.
Edit - Amazon is unable to get a response other than "One of the items was listed as dangerous goods and the product was taken offline". They can't do anything other than suggest looking again in a few days to see if it comes back up.
It's a really awful answer from Atlus IMO and seems really sketchy given that not every preorder sounds like they were cancelled.
Edit 2 - It sounds like the actual answer is that part of the items were delivered defective and instead of going back to make more, Atlus is going with cancelling orders.
http://wwg.com/2017/03/17/amazon-mass-cancelling-persona-5-pre-orders-on-ps4/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/c...na_5_take_your_heart/?st=j0e3m9pm&sh=cf875f3b

Stargypsy

My Amazon order is still showing in open digital orders as Not Yet Shipped.
I did preorder on June 7th 2016 if that means anything.

Hopefully everyone gets a confirmation on a copy so that this can turn into an enjoyable stealth brag thread on who pre-ordered the first day.

I feel bad for people who preordered when it first went up. I just preordered a week ago. Looks like a lottery goes into effect when there is an oversell.

*sigh*

Saw this comment in another reddit thread. I also agree that we shouldn't listen to Amazon reps because all of these Amazon rep comments sound like they have no idea what is going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/c...na_5_take_your_heart/?st=j0e3m9pm&sh=cf875f3b
*sigh again*

I feel bad for people who preordered when it first went up. I just preordered a week ago. Looks like a lottery goes into effect when there is an oversell.

I know I feel bad for people who ordered right away and are getting cancelled, since, at least so far, mine is still good and I didn't order till January.

Swiggins

This just in. Atlus has changed it's mind regarding the Take Your Heart Edition. All copies have been stockpiled in Fort Knox, if you want your copy, you need to prove you're a fan and steal the damn thing.

Get cracking.

Top Bottom