• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

The Taj Mahal is most likely legit. Unless the fake sets have also started printing LEGO on the studs? Comes with the instruction booklets too and he's had it up for a while. (It has been dropping in price from $1250).

Interesting - if you've been following it for that long then it may well be legit.

Please buy it and take lots of pics for us to get jealous of.

Oozer3993

When I was in grade school, over 20 years ago, I wrote the LEGO Corporation a letter saying they should make a Saturn V. I got a letter back saying "thanks for the letter, but we're not doing it." I am losing my mind right now. I am buying at least 1. I might do two and put one on my desk at work. I'm so damn excited!

I have the earlier LEGO Saturn V on my desk at home right now. But I always wanted one that did staging.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Took apart the UCS tie-fighter to make room for Snowspeeder...

Had to dig out the instructions to remember how the hell the wings were attached.

Holy...
Saturn V 1969 parts for 119.99USD/EUR
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/137
2957864-o_1bepvgkf71iu7iol1omls601857f.jpg

That's what she said.

Ugh... the May 4th promotion has started but I only really want the A-Wing and it's not enough to reach the threshold for R2. I'm afraid that if I wait for the AT-ST, the R2 will have run out.

Gero

I'm new to GAF but I did not realize there is a thread dedicated to LEGO... I only just started buying some last year but I'm only interested in Star Wars that's Clone Wars related. I am interested in the X and Y wing sets though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Over 3ft tall....I'm going to be scared of it tipping over.

Shit. Now I'm thinking how to make a launch gantry...

Can you buy the little R2 separately or only as a bonus with a SW purchase? I want R2 to go with the big one, but I don't want anything SW right now

ghostmind

Still won't show as available on US shop. I am going to the LEGO store tomorrow anyways, so it doesn't matter. But was wanting to see if R2 and double VIP worked early as well.

Phon, I'm hearing that Snowspeeder won't be available until the 4th in North America, and that the early VIP access is for UK/Europe only.

Trying to get confirmation on this...

Dammit. I looked at the Death Star review again and it would be a cool thing, and I can easily afford it this month even with the new sets next month. HOWEVER. For that kind of silly money I could get a Switch and Zelda right now. When you look at it that way, it really seems like a crazy amount of cash.

Do we know what the next big discounts over the next couple of days for the SW sets after the X-Wing are?

I really want the R2...

If it's the same as Germany: Resistance X-Wing, Scarif Trooper, AT-ST... Resistance Battle Pack, Scarif Battle, Millennium Falcon and something more. The MF is obviously cool if you don't have it, but I doubt the R2 will last until then.

Osahi

Man, The treshhold for the R2 is just to high. I was thinking about Phasma and K-2SO constractions (and paying more then I should, as you can easily find them cheaper now) but then I am still 15 euro short. Snowspeeder is to overpriced (229) to get without discount...

Man, The treshhold for the R2 is just to high. I was thinking about Phasma and K-2SO constractions (and paying more then I should, as you can easily find them cheaper now) but then I am still 15 euro short. Snowspeeder is to overpriced (229) to get without discount...
Yeah, I hoped it would be around the 35€ range but 72€ is just too much since I wasn't planning on getting one of the huge sets.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, I hoped it would be around the 35€ range but 72€ is just too much since I wasn't planning on getting one of the huge sets.

I'm pretty much only UCS OT ships but I'm trying to resist the snowspeeder because of the looming falcon. Even that probably requires me to get my arse in gear and sell off some of my other sets to build a bit of a fund.

Starting to have doubts about the whole thing. I mean, R2-D2 yay, but I do have the UCS, and this would pretty much be $100 for R2, Lando and some other stuff I don't really care about. Or, indeed, $600 for R2 and a Death Star.

I think that if I have to deliberate this much, it isn't worth it.

Starting to have doubts about the whole thing. I mean, R2-D2 yay, but I do have the UCS, and this would pretty much be $100 for R2, Lando and some other stuff I don't really care about. Or, indeed, $600 for R2 and a Death Star.

I think that if I have to deliberate this much, it isn't worth it.

Also having trouble to justify this right now... Only thing that sorta interests me is the Resistance X-Wing... ugh

DonShula

Dammit. I looked at the Death Star review again and it would be a cool thing, and I can easily afford it this month even with the new sets next month. HOWEVER. For that kind of silly money I could get a Switch and Zelda right now. When you look at it that way, it really seems like a crazy amount of cash.

If you've not played Zelda, please get the Switch. You will get 200 hours of entertainment out of Zelda alone.

magawolaz

Yeah what's up with those deals that were supposedly 40% off? Are those only on specific days?
I believe so, from a few pages ago:
29. April LEGO Star Wars Resistance X-Wing (75149) statt 89,99 Euro dann nur 53,99 Euro
30. April LEGO Star Wars Buildable Figure Scarif Trooper (75523) statt 24,99 Euro dann nur 14,99 EUR
01. Mai LEGO Star Wars AT-ST (75153) statt 49,99 Euro dann nur 29,99 Euro
02. Mai LEGO Star Wars Rebel Trooper Battle Pack (75164) statt 14,99 Euro dann nur 8,99 Euro
03. Mai LEGO Star Wars Luke’s Landspeeder (75173) statt 29,99 Euro dann nur 17,99 Euro
04. Mai LEGO Star Wars Millenium Falke (75105) statt 149,99 Euro dann nur 89,99 Euro
05. Mai LEGO Star Wars Buildable Figure K-2SO (75120) statt 24,99 Euro dann nur 14,99 Euro
06. Mai LEGO Star Wars Battle on Scarif (75171) statt 59,99 Euro dann nur 35,99 Euro
So if you want the Resistance X-Wing get it today.

Not sure about that 30% off, maybe it's region specific. Weird, given how it's SW 40th anniversary

But it's weird they are doing it this way... all those sets are already 10% off, people who don't know about the leaked list might be disappointed once the -40% hits...

(then again, 10% isn't really a discount worth considering)

DonShula

I think maybe 40% is just for Germany and 30% is everywhere else in EU? Not sure, but that's what I read.

Someone over at BrickPicker was kind enough to put the US sales into a spreadsheet and compare them to Amazon prices. That forum is only for registered users so you may need to register to see the list.

Phon, I'm hearing that Snowspeeder won't be available until the 4th in North America, and that the early VIP access is for UK/Europe only.

Trying to get confirmation on this...

Nope. Looks like UK/EU only. Brickset updated their article. And the press release shoulda clarified. LAME!

Well, either way, going to LEGO Store today. Just won't spend as much, since it will probably just be PAB stuff.

magawolaz

I think maybe 40% is just for Germany and 30% is everywhere else in EU? Not sure, but that's what I read.

Someone over at BrickPicker was kind enough to put the US sales into a spreadsheet and compare them to Amazon prices. That forum is only for registered users so you may need to register to see the list.
In Italy it's 40% (but we have higher prices on most sets).
I wonder if it's possible to buy from other Lego Shops?

Well, fuck it, i was about to order Resistance X-Wing on the store and it's gone now :(

No R2 Polybag for me i guess, i'll take it as a sign that i need to slow down my purchases now so that's that.

Rootbeer

Banned
Are we getting anything new for the first week of May in NA other than the Snowspeeder and the new minifigure series?

That next star wars wave is a ways off hu? Need that bounty hunter pack...

Officially August 1st, at least in North America.
;_; So far away.

Though, at least it doesn't launch with the Saturn V for maximum wallet devastation -- speaking of which: I really hope the Saturn V just sells out and sells out and sells out so LEGO starts putting out more space stuff based on reality, or otherwise.

A minifig scale rover/lander/command module would be out of this world.

3N16MA

Banned
Took me a while (6 months) but my version of Mos Eisley Cantina is now complete! Hope GAF likes it, would love to hear opinions. My goal was not only to show the cantina but get a feel of the surrounding area/market at the same time. I include all shorts of shops, from the Jawas to droid repair shops to engine parts etc., trying to get in as much detail as possible. The second building, is a mini modular fully detailed shop as well.

Mos Eisley Cantina by Valkyre1, on Flickr

Mos by Valkyre1, on Flickrr

More here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskT5iXmJ

Let me know what you think, always open to constructive criticism and improvement!

I didn't show this the proper appreciation when you posted it. That is some great work and deserves to be posted again just in case someone missed it.

R-User!

I didn't show this the proper appreciation when you posted it. That is some great work and deserves to be posted again just in case someone missed it.

I'm gonna be an echo, but your MOC is really amazing! Like, "leave it as a coffee table centerpiece as long as it's feasible" amazing.

Great creation!

Top Bottom