• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ASIS

Humanoid Pokemon are the worst thing to happen to Pokemon that and "digitized" Pokemon. Why on earth does a cat have two legs? I don't understand.

The other two are fine.

zroid

Banned
"Gendered" Pokemon aren't exactly new to the series - Machoke and Gardevoir spring to mind.

Funny how people only comment on it when they perceive Pokémon to have "feminine" designs. The casual sexism is rampant with this fanbase.

TrueBlue

Machoke existed before genders were a thing though. I'll give you Gardevoir but they were pretty quick to add a male version in the next game.

Why does that matter? Machoke is still clearly influenced by what we define to be the male physique, just as Gardevoir is by the female.

Edit: Took back an example, but the point still stands.

It feels unfair to single out a Pokémon for this given that it's been something that the series has had for ages.

Then again, we go through the same "these designs are awesome/abominations" song and dance every fucking gen - so what does it matter?

All three look great, no idea why so many of you are complaining. There is absolutely no way that these designs are 'worse' than the designs from the past 4 generations. If Litten's final form is fire/fighting that will be disappointing but his actual design looks good.

Sesha

I like all three. Silly Pokémon fans and their pro-/anti-Skub mentalities.

Also, I actually like this art style. I hope we get the name of the person that drew these eventually.

Humanoid Pokemon are the worst thing to happen to Pokemon that and "digitized" Pokemon. Why on earth does a cat have two legs? I don't understand.

The other two are fine.

There's so many Pokemon this can apply to. Dragonite, for instance.

Litten 3 is based on Tiger Mask. Simple as that.

Emboar's thing was being the pig from Journey to The West.

Litten looks like suplex city, and suplexes are the coolest.

I'm just baffled that people Popplio's final form. That thing looks like bad fanart from DeviantArt.

Emboar is also a pro-wrestler or sumo wrestler.

Trey

I told y'all.

I told everyone in so many threads.

Every single fire starter has become bipedal, all of them. This was fated.

gen 3 all of them were practically bipedal. Same with 6. In fact, 2 out of 3 starters from every generation were bipedal.

This isn't anything new.

edit: misread

rhandino

Banned
Emboar looks like a wrestler?

aodBuhS.gif

I can say that all the 3 starter won this time tbh, every final evo looks fantastic.

Biske

All these evolutions look awesome, perhaps the first generation where I think all of them are awesome and I don't have an obvious Choice.

Yukinari

Its kind of amazing how i can enjoy the 1st form of the starters more than the final. Seems to happen a lot with me.

Zebei

If litten becomes fire/dark this will be up there as one of, if not my favorite group of starters. Only Gen 4 will rival it.

If it's fighting that will be a huge blow against it.

Picking Popplio 100% tho

21XX

Banned

The other two are fine.

Why on earth is a pile of sludge alive? Why on earth is there a body building pokemon?

It's all goofy. None of it makes sense. It never has. It never will. Chill.

The cat just went from really nice, to really dissapointing.

Bikini Owl turned assassin is great, and ugly clown waterhound is partly redeemed by a good looking final form.

Yukinari

Why on earth is a pile of sludge alive? Why on earth is there a body building pokemon?

It's all goofy. None of it makes sense. It never has. It never will. Chill.

Im not a gen 1 fanboy, gen 2 is actually my favorite, but i think a lot of designs from gen 5 are pretty atrocious. Gen 6 already has a few i dislike.

Kneefoil

This may have changed which Pokémon I end up picking as my starter. I really dislike Poplio, but I think it's final form is the best one. Rowlet's final evo is still good though, and its first form is my favourite of the three. Litten I don't really care about, and its final evolution is just awful, so I'm definitely not picking the fire type this time.

After Chesnaught and Delphox last gen these are a step up for me even if not particularly outstanding, they occupy a similar spot to Gen 5 starters for me which is to say I like all three but not loving any one in particular (Rowlet is pretty good but I need to see it in motion)
Then again it's not like i've ever been attached to most starters.

With Rowlet that now makes a trifecta of different typed birds as my favourite starters.

Top Bottom