• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

JAXXX

The red bull team tournament was surprisingly entertaining for me. Really fun matches and alot of personalities on display.

Also one very, very, very supportive wife, LOL

Yeah that ended up being hype. The last day had more viewers once people saw how good it actually was lol.

There needs to be more straight up tournaments like that. The dynamics are so cool.

ElFly

this one would have been fine

secret10.jpg

I have a feeling of cognitive dissonance whenever she does her anti-air grab while wearing her story mode costume. It's just not possible that they're still in there.

when playing gief vs laura, things should go very wrong for the bonita costume whenever I do the CA or the running bear grab

that shirt is magic

Fucking crossups murder Zangief. Lariat seems to have no priority nor his jab, so it's just a matter of immediately recognizing the block direction. Blah. :\

Also, cleanly beat 3 jabronies today but all RQ, meanwhile the 4 matches I did keep were mega-practiced players who had way crisper combos and crossup abuse than I did.

Blah, this plus Capcom sitting in the corner holding their dick has me in a bad mood. Gonna take a break from SF for a day or two.

ElFly

Fucking crossups murder Zangief. Lariat seems to have no priority nor his jab, so it's just a matter of immediately recognizing the block direction. Blah. :\

Also, cleanly beat 3 jabronies today but all RQ, meanwhile the 4 matches I did keep were mega-practiced players who had way crisper combos and crossup abuse than I did.

Blah, this plus Capcom sitting in the corner holding their dick has me in a bad mood. Gonna take a break from SF for a day or two.

yep, I always forget this and lariat on crossups only to get stuffed

been thinking what to do. sometimes doing lariat earlier helps, but I assume it is luck. maybe dashing under the jump?

I know I got one by V-Triggering (the hands also hit behind and above gief) but that was done p early maybe it works once it is already activated. it's also not the most optimal way of using V-Trigger as there's not air SPD followup

may need to hit the gym for this one

yep, I always forget this and lariat on crossups only to get stuffed
The gnarliest thing is some of the cross-up hitboxes in this game don't make it apparent at all that it's a crossup. I was facing right against this Ibuki, and the guy was landing crossups barely at my 12 o'clock coming from the right side. And it was meaty, so I couldn't jab or Lariat, how the hell you gonna know if it's to the left or right when it's that ambiguous? Lol

EDIT:: Naw man, it's the meaty crossups that are the toughest since then the only thing you can literally do is guess right on the block direction. Also V-Trigger always gets me a fat stuff whenever I activate it and they're jumping in, you never win that exchange.

kirblar

Someone made a fan mod of the default Laura outfit during the beta and it's still better than anything she ever officially got.

I like my T&A in games, but I always thought her outfit made no sense.
The black parts were originally non-existent. That's why it doesn't make sense that she has a cyclists' buttpad on a gi. (to be clear,y she was literally a T&A character)

mitchlol

What was the roadmap for Season 2 meant to be? I know Ed was delayed but we were meant to get a character in June weren't we????

How can capcom keep getting away with this.... Imagine if every other company delayed their DLC from the season pass, press would be all over that shit, pre-selling goods and failing to deliver.

Pompadour

What was the roadmap for Season 2 meant to be? I know Ed was delayed but we were meant to get a character in June weren't we????

How can capcom keep getting away with this.... Imagine if every other company delayed their DLC from the season pass, press would be all over that shit, pre-selling goods and failing to deliver.

We never really got a roadmap. I think someone like Haunts said we should expect a character release every other month and a some sort of update for the months without a character update.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I mean, Capcom fucking sucks at all things SFV, but what they promised to character pass owners was all the characters - but not on any strict timetable. They haven't technically "failed to deliver" until next season starts.

Is it just me, or are the same 4-5 people on /r/StreetFighter flooding the page with SFIV videos?

Nah. Its probably some dumb tactic to get back at SFV. It doesn't break the subreddit rules since its a street fighter subreddit.

I dont mind watching some classic matches, but whoever seems to posting the videos is posting them out of spite.

Neoxon

Nah. Its probably some dumb tactic to get back at SFV. It doesn't break the subreddit rules since its a street fighter subreddit.

I dont mind watching some classic matches, but whoever seems to posting the videos is posting them out of spite.
That's what I was thinking. I'm all for tapping into my nostalgia (weird how SFIV can be considered nostalgic, now), but some of the guys on there are taking it a bit too far.

JusDoIt

Is it just me, or are the same 4-5 people on /r/StreetFighter flooding the page with SFIV videos?

It would be less obnoxious if it was relatively recent USFIV footage, but when it's like Mike Ross Honda from Super back in 2010? Come on, son.

Kashiwaba

So instead of playing SF4 they keep on posting old videos about it lol, it's actually having a the opposite effect on me, it reminds me why i didn't like the game and why i dropped it so fast around USF4 release. I'm so glad we are over that game.

kobu

The silence from capcom is really annoying me now.

It's why I don't care when people give capcom shit anymore. If the character is delayed just say it so people know what the hell is happening. Don't just announce new fucking costumes while ignoring the fact that a character should be releasing soon.

Pachinko

I think it's pretty clear now that they have no intention of releasing a new character. I imagine Abigail is ready to go but perhaps there's a new stage or mode they want to throw in with him that's not quite done ? Also Evo is coming up awful quick , quick enough that Abigail wouldn't be tournament legal. Instead I expect we'll have a big post evo update and perhaps the time table will move up for the remaining 2 characters after that ? Have Abigail late July, character 5 in august and character 6 in September with the last big update of the year in October to have plenty of time for pre capcom cup shenanigans.

Then, we'll have the big "super SF5 announcement" just before or just after top 8 SFV combined with the capcom pro tour expanding to include MVCi in 2018.

We have someone to blame

25_prophet01.jpg

I've been nostalgic since SFV dropped lol. Every now and then I go back and watch old SF4 videos. Today I've spent over 2 hours already watching USF4 videos on Capcom Fighters channel. I didn't always love playing it, but I always loved watching it at high level.. All the crazy reads, scrambles, tech, comebacks at high level was a beautiful thing to watch. I don't know how many times my jaw dropped when a top player would show new set up, OS, or character specific combo that I'd never seen before.

I still haven't requested off the Friday of EVO to watch Street Fighter, something I've done every year since 2010. I will probably end up doing it in the end but that's how down I am about the game as a player and as a viewer. I still like the game in both regards, but it's tough to get excited when you see the it as a downgrade(especially as a viewer) to its predecessor.

mbpm1

I've been nostalgic since SFV dropped lol. Every now and then I go back and watch old SF4 videos. Today I've spent over 2 hours already watching USF4 videos on Capcom Fighters channel. I didn't always love playing it, but I always loved watching it at high level.. All the crazy reads, scrambles, tech, comebacks at high level was a beautiful thing to watch. I don't know how many times my jaw dropped when a top player would show new set up, OS, or character specific combo that I'd never seen before.

I still haven't requested off the Friday of EVO to watch Street Fighter, something I've done every year since 2010. I will probably end up doing it in the end but that's how down I am about the game as a player and as a viewer. I still like the game in both regards, but it's tough to get excited when you see the game as a downgrade(especially as a viewer) to its predecessor.

How good EVO will be depends on the players I think atm. pulling for my favorites to do well

I've been nostalgic since SFV dropped lol. Every now and then I go back and watch old SF4 videos. Today I've spent over 2 hours already watching USF4 videos on Capcom Fighters channel. I didn't always love playing it, but I always loved watching it at high level.. All the crazy reads, scrambles, tech, comebacks at high level was a beautiful thing to watch. I don't know how many times my jaw dropped when a top player would show new set up, OS, or character specific combo that I'd never seen before. .
SFV has some serious offense-heavy design issues, but at least it isn't a visual/audio atrocity like SF4 tho. God I can't put into words how hideous I find that game's art style and sound.

SFV has some serious offense-heavy design issues, but at least it isn't a visual/audio atrocity like SF4 tho. God I can't put into words how hideous I find that game's art style and sound.

Design wise, SF4 might be the worse looking mainline SF game if we were to poll fans of the series. Even though I might agree with that assessment, SF4's visuals never bothered me. From character design to fire shooting out from the Ultra bar.

I just preferred the way battles played out more in SF4. Fireball characters fought each other in long drawn out fireball wars, footsies battles were more engaging since everybody had good buttons, and you could see a clash of different styles as offensive characters try to close the gap on defensive characters. But in SFV everybody gets to be Viper once they get a knockdown. And those blow ups that we use to get so hyped over(when they didn't come from the usual characters like Yun or Seth) are a dime a dozen in SFV.

Naarmight

Am I the only one that thought SFIV looked amazing when it came out? I will preface that, by saying SFIII had completely bypassed me infact I thought SFIII was SF-EX. (Probably due to the lack of an arcade scene in West England) So Alpha to 4 was where I was looking, or comparing it to the previous gens fighting games and it looked fantastic. That said going back to IV now, I am shocked at how bad it looks compared to V.

jett

D-Member
SF4 looks like such a robotic, stiff, stilted piece of shit these days.It's unwatchable (and unplayable). I don't know how I ever liked how it looked.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
the first CGI trailer they put out of Ryu and Ken fighting in the grassy field looked sick and totally set me up for SF4 looking great (I especially remember being excited about a very nicely animated throw break lol) and the game looked like garbage. The only saving grace was a C.Viper looking like a SNK character (and then Juri, who is the best character design from 4, being added in Super alongside Adon, my fav SF character).

But tbh I don't think any of the more recent Street Fighter games have looked particularly nice. HD Remix, SF4, SFxT, SFV all look garish imo.

Top Bottom