• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop's CEO got to see Battlefield 4 today; EA: "BF4 is coming!", "BE ADVISED"

If the console version isn't the same as the PC version I'm not buying. BF3 on the 360 was a giant disappointment. It never felt epic and at time was darn right ugly too. Don't even get me started on the freaking servers either, games that go on forever coz every idiot just wants to boost.
I look at the PC version and it feels like 20 years ago when my Mum would buy me the NES version of some game I wanted on the SNES/MegaDrive.

Bad Company series was much better for consoles, it just felt so tight and right. Hundreds of hours of fun in BC2.

Linkinito

I have a feeling that we'll get a glimpse of BF4 in the Sony's presentation tonight.

To react to the BC2 thing, I think the same. But it's due to the fact that BC2 was built for the consoles, and then ported to the PC that most can run. BF3 was however built for the latest PCs and was clearly dumbed down for consoles. Also the feeling is definitely not the same, there's too much "serious" in BF3, BC2 had still that "ultra-fun factor".

The_Monk

My PS3 Beta will be ready waiting.

But I admit that this could be a good excuse to get the PS4 day one, considering it will be there.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm expecting BF4 to be a launch day purchase with my PS4. Could be setting myself up for disappointment, but I doubt it.

SSReborn

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but I found this image on MordorHQ.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?7032-BF4-is-coming!/page2
8491767200_380c0a7a66_o.png

The guy gives no link or explanation as to where it's from, but the artwork is most certainly "Battlefield" and is a picture we haven't seen before.

Legit or not, we'll be seeing BF4 today.

That's from GAF.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We'll be seeing BF4 today? I hope but you never know. I think Sony should show games but I don't know if the whole load will be blown today.

One thing to be excited for is knowing that most of Sony's big studios have been dormant for at least 1-2 years so we may have several games today and more at E3. Pretty exciting times.

Spookie

... Ok now I'm slightly excited. I know it'll only be SP at first because there is no way we'll see an MP reveal before E3 but I'll be interested to see what factions and what time we are looking at.

brogan

Neo Member
Haha. Why are websites posting the images made on GAF (by Radek?) as 'official' and from DICE. Do some research!

Woow that would be amazing. That would be a huge launch window game to have in your pocket. Im sure durango will have it as well but still.

with the way MS went aggressively at the CoD crowd on 360 I can see Sony doing something similar with PS4 and BF4 to a much greater degree then what they're doing now with BF3.

TCRS

Banned
aw yiss!

Though to be totally honest I'm not feeling much hype. BF3 hasn't gotten old yet, it's still fun. BF4 kind of seems too early. Even if it's only a reveal and the game will come much later.

Coming from the PC side, please start with PC as lead development and dumb it down for consoles :)

It's my favorite game of this gen, pretty much all I played.

Lulubop

I like Battlefield 3 well enough, though I do hope for a change of scenery. Even something in the not to distant future like Black ops 2, I'd take.

TheContact

BF3 still feels like it has life left in it, especially with 1 more expansion due out soon. I guess a Holiday release date for BF4 would be about the earliest they should release it

I play too much of the online mp component CoD on the 360... What would appeal to me in the BF series?

BF3 is less "arena-like" and has more open areas. More strategy involved, the sound and weapons feel amazing (long range shots with trying to compensate for the bullet drop is awesome). Almost completely destructable terrain. Although, I wouldn't recommend playing BF3 on a console, as it's limited to 32 players max (it's 64 on PC) and the levels are significantly smaller

BF3 still feels like it has life left in it, especially with 1 more expansion due out soon. I guess a Holiday release date for BF4 would be about the earliest they should release it

BF3 is less "arena-like" and has more open areas. More strategy involved, the sound and weapons feel amazing (long range shots with trying to compensate for the bullet drop is awesome). Almost completely destructable terrain. Although, I wouldn't recommend playing BF3 on a console, as it's limited to 32 players max (it's 64 on PC) and the levels are significantly smaller

A lot of people keep saying 32 players, but it's actually 24 players on consoles.

I think a big reason I was hyped for BF3 but not as much BF4 (based on the leaks) was simply that it had been several years since BF2. Simply going from BF3 in 2011 to BF4 as the next BF game with nothing like Vietnam or 2142 or Bad Company in between makes it feel a bit too soon. Like, I'm still playing BF3. I just got Premium and all of those maps. Unless the server population just dies (which it might, who knows), I'm probably content to stick with BF3 unless BF4 is something radically different.

Especially if its still in the whole modern combat era. Another faction like China and more team elements like Commander mode would help, but I'd love it if they went back to WWII. I'm just sort of sick of jets and helicopters. Give me prop fighter planes and big bombers and submarines and big navy ships and AA guns that aren't just lock on missiles. Toss in fully destructible structures plus terrain deformation (build trenches and foxholes!) and keep all the Frostbite 2 goodness with areas from Western Europe, Africa, the Mediterranean, Eastern Europe and the Pacific. I'd pay good money for a nextgen Frostbite 2 remake of BF1942.

deadlast

BF3 is less "arena-like" and has more open areas. More strategy involved, the sound and weapons feel amazing (long range shots with trying to compensate for the bullet drop is awesome). Almost completely destructable terrain. Although, I wouldn't recommend playing BF3 on a console, as it's limited to 24 players max (it's 64 on PC) and the levels are significantly smaller
Fixed 32 to 24

Sounds like the areas are really huge... Too huge for consoles. If next gen is able to increase the player count, would that make the console option more viable?

TheContact

Fixed 32 to 24

Sounds like the areas are really huge... Too huge for consoles. If next gen is able to increase the player count, would that make the console option more viable?

More viable yes, but personally I can't play FPS with a controller. I need mouse+keyboard for accuracy

Top Bottom