• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

Amazon nixed UMVC3/BBCSE/WipEout2048 from the sale? Guess that's $80 of my cash they won't be seeing -- and here I was going to buy them pre-emptively anticipating my purchase of a Vita.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You've got to be kidding...

It's true. I guess if you really want to play 7 days early...

I don't support it based on principal alone. A FEB purchase is saying you are okay in paying stuff early at a premium price no matter what kind of deal it is. It was a crap deal.

Bought 2 games from best buy on Sunday. Heard about b2g1f this morning. Went back to best buy and was able to get that free game. No problems. I didn't see signs about the deal in store but the employee in the gaming department was aware of it.

KalBalboa

Banned
Brought a Toys R Us flier to Target this morning with a friend.

We both got Vitas ($20 gift cards and all), and I price matched two copies of Uncharted. My buddy then got Lumines too. Buy two, get one free worked. After gift cards, the three games were only $44.

A.R.K

So is the BestBuy trade-in going on for PSP? I have a PSP3000 and would love to get a decent trade-in if possible for the Vita.

androvsky

$50 gift card with purchase of Vita Wi-fi.

Caveats: from Nebraska Furniture Mart, and $50 only good for a single purchase order (any left over is forfeited). Has anyone dealt with NFM before? Will they ship all the way out to Michigan? The site won't let you place an order yet but I've heard that you can call them to order.

I just ordered one (had to call); they mail the card out a couple days later, so turning around and buying the memory card will be... difficult. I don't know where they'll ship, since I live close enough to just pick it up at the store.

Still, it's a $50 card, just not completely sure what I'll spend it on, since I don't want to wait until next week to buy a memory card.

Dandruff5

Neo Member
You've got to be kidding...

I ended up getting a WiFi model for $249.00, plus a free 4GB memory card, plus a $20 credit, all through Amazon.

Look, the math on the FEB just doesn't hold up now. In hindsight you really were only paying to play the thing one week early, plus the privilege of getting stuck with one of the crappier launch titles.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Yeah i think so. There were a lot of vita's. You can allways call them first
Mate, thank you so much! I got there in time racing from The Hague and eventually made it. Dude said he had one in the back for me :)

So I got a Vita for 188 euro :D :D

mingus

I just ordered one (had to call); they mail the card out a couple days later, so turning around and buying the memory card will be... difficult. I don't know where they'll ship, since I live close enough to just pick it up at the store.

Still, it's a $50 card, just not completely sure what I'll spend it on, since I don't want to wait until next week to buy a memory card.

So jealous. I called and they don't ship electronics outside of the region. My plan was to pick up an 8gb and Wipeout and I was willing to wait. I considered driving to the nearest NFM, but it's 9 hours to Des Moines ;_;

lantus

Got Uncharted, Lumines, Rayman and a Hori screen protector for $76 with the $20 credit Amazon gave out, not a bad deal at all. :)

no_to_co

It's true. I guess if you really want to play 7 days early...

I don't support it based on principal alone. A FEB purchase is saying you are okay in paying stuff early at a premium price no matter what kind of deal it is. It was a crap deal.

could not agree more. not happy with my FEB, especially since I have one of those unusable super smelly cases.

Afrikan

Do any of these b2g1 free places have digital download codes?

I'm actually holding off on these great deals because I want to go digital only with the vita. I thought i'd never be a digital only gamer, but with a handheld....i will.

Do any of these b2g1 free places have digital download codes?

I'm actually holding off on these great deals because I want to go digital only with the vita. I thought i'd never be a digital only gamer, but with a handheld....i will.

This is a deals thread, you won't see that applied to digital downloads =)

To answer your question, no they only apply to retail copies. If you want to save money, you're going to have to go retail now and in the future.

Afrikan

This is a deals thread, you won't see that applied to digital downloads =)

To answer your question, no they only apply to retail copies. If you want to save money, you're going to have to go retail now and in the future.

Oh I know....its just that I read somewhere, forgot where, but some stores sell digital codes for retail games...as well as just phyical copies.

slider

Stupid question no doubt but is Amazon's B2G1 free thing exclusive to the US? Didn't see it advertised on Amazon UK.

- J - D -

I got U:GB at ToysRus for $40 last night

It says $50 but the instore ad had it at $40. It was weird because you need $50 purchase to get $20 gc

They do it on purpose to get customers to buy more.

The TRU deal is almost as good as the other b2g1 deals if you get Uncharted for $39. With that $10 savings and the $20 gift card, that's like a free $29 game, and it doesn't have to be a Vita game either.

Cool, thanks. Does it have to be the physical copy of the flyer or can I just present the TRU web page with the Ubcharted $39 price?

You may be able to get away with showing them the ad posted on their website. Do not show them the price of the game as it shows up for the item page because they'll turn you down saying they don't match online deals. Other thing to do is print out the ad.

- J - D -

You may be able to get away with showing them the ad posted on their website. Do not show them the price of the game as it shows up for the item page because they'll turn you down saying they don't match online deals. Other thing to do is print out the ad.

Yeah okay I'll print out the flyer page. thanks.

Hopefully they don't feel it's too much to give me the b2g1 deal and a price match.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
WTF? Rayman was on Walmarts list a few seconds ago, and now it's gone. I'm pissed.

Edit: Shinobido 2 as well. :\

There goes the two games I wanted the most.

My Target store has no clue about the 4GB memory card with the wifi model. I thought I could still get it today :/

It's in their ad, just tell them to look at their own ad.

Edit: Looks like the free 4GB card continues on for the next week. It's in the new ad.

Top Bottom