• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

Phoenix stuff from WF lore:

Iron Phoenix (stance mod)
Phoenix Gaze (madurai)
Phoenix Renewal (augment for Oberon)

I've shrunk that emblem down to 128 x 128 with several different programs, and I don't think I'm ever gonna be happy with the loss of detail. It looks great in preview on the frame's shoulder, but I'm worried about how it will look on banners and such.

IvorB

Phoenix stuff from WF lore:

Iron Phoenix (stance mod)
Phoenix Gaze (madurai)
Phoenix Renewal (augment for Oberon)

I've shrunk that emblem down to 128 x 128 with several different programs, and I don't think I'm ever gonna be happy with the loss of detail. It looks great in preview on the frame's shoulder, but I'm worried about how it will look on banners and such.

Iron Phoenix and Phoenix Gaze sound rad. Shower jokes may lose their topical appeal as time goes on I think ha ha.

frizby

Alright, moment of truth.

Feedback on the bird has been almost entirely positive both here and on the PSN community, and I think I’ll submit it tomorrow. They take a bit to approve.

The name is another matter. I don’t want to stay NeoGAF, and I’m pretty sure I don’t want to commit to Reset Era, so I’ll probably go with one of the Phoenix names for symbolism and to line up with the emblem. Options, subject to availability:

Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Gaze
Phoenix Swarm
Iron Phoenix
Phoenix Reset
Era of the Phoenix
The Era Formerly Known as GAF (I kid)
Warfarm or Warfarmers

Give me one you love and one you hate.

Edit side note. Until RE gets a dark theme, I ain’t touching that shit. Brutal to look at.

Feedback on the bird has been almost entirely positive both here and on the PSN community, and I think I’ll submit it tomorrow. They take a bit to approve.

The name is another matter. I don’t want to stay NeoGAF, and I’m pretty sure I don’t want to commit to Reset Era, so I’ll probably go with one of the Phoenix names for symbolism and to line up with the emblem. Options, subject to availability:

Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Gaze
Phoenix Swarm
Iron Phoenix
Phoenix Reset
Era of the Phoenix
Warfarm or Warfarmers

Edit side note. Until RE gets a dark theme, I ain’t touching that shit. Brutal to look at.

Warfarm...since I already named the discord server that.

frizby

Image submitted. It has to be 128 x 128, and I put a ton of work into making it look as good as possible, but you lose a lot of detail shrinking an image that much. Hope it turns out OK in game.

Between here and the community, it seems Phoenix Rising, Phoenix Gaze, Iron Phoenix, Phoenix Reset and Warfarm are name finalists. It looks like Reset Era is going to take off, so either Reset Era or Phoenix Reset might make more sense the longer we wait.

jfull7602

Neo Member

Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Gaze
Phoenix Swarm
Iron Phoenix
Phoenix Reset
Era of the Phoenix
Warfarm or Warfarmers

I'm good with WarFarm or Phoenix Rising. Hate Phoenix Reset. I also sent this to Bejeaux and will let you know what he thinks either here or if I see you on in game next

frizby

I tried Warfarm, WarFarm, War Farm and WARFARM...all taken

Phoenix Rising taken.

PhoenixRising done and done.

Emblem submitted. Name changed. 350p spent. If anybody (who has it to spare) wants to toss me 10-15p if you see me on, coolness.

frizby

Oh, and kneelbeforesaad made an OT for us on Reset Era...don’t think I can link it.

He also made a new Discord, so I’m not sure how that will work out. We have two Discords, one run by a guy who doesn’t even lurk on GAF anymore and the other by a guy who isn’t in the clan. I don’t know how that’s gonna pan out, but we do still have the PSN Community.

I'll stick with this thread or the PSN community for now, who knows what the approval process will be for Reset. It took me 18 months with an ISP email to get into gaf.

Edit: I'll slide you some plat next time I see you on, Friz

DoubleD

So the taco clan is now Phoenix Rising and Friz needs some platinum donations for sporting the upfront cost? I’m totally new to Warframe and played with dream once or twice. I am totally hooked but still wet behind the ears, so please have patience if I ask any dumb questions.

Oh, and kneelbeforesaad made an OT for us on Reset Era...don't think I can link it.

He also made a new Discord, so I'm not sure how that will work out. We have two Discords, one run by a guy who doesn't even lurk on GAF anymore and the other by a guy who isn't in the clan. I don't know how that's gonna pan out, but we do still have the PSN Community.

We can just combine the discords if necessary.
And I did say someone in the clan should join up to fill it with clan news. I don't have to run it if that's a concern.

That being said, I'll keep the discord here up for people that haven't/won't make the transation yet.

So the taco clan is now Phoenix Rising and Friz needs some platinum donations for sporting the upfront cost? I'm totally new to Warframe and played with dream once or twice. I am totally hooked but still wet behind the ears, so please have patience if I ask any dumb questions.

Taco is my own clan with some other gaffers, funded mostly by me.
You should request to join the gaf clan if you want the benefits of an established clan.
I just sent you a clan invite since you were playing alone so often.

I find discord to be messy and hard to keep track stuff I am following, hope you guys like the other forum design cuz its pretty messy too.

I will stay here for a while

DoubleD

We can just combine the discords if necessary.
And I did say someone in the clan should join up to fill it with clan news. I don't have to run it if that's a concern.

That being said, I'll keep the discord here up for people that haven't/won't make the transation yet.

Taco is my own clan with some other gaffers, funded mostly by me.
You should request to join the gaf clan if you want the benefits of an established clan.
I just sent you a clan invite since you were playing alone so often.
Oh. Right on, dream. Thanks for looking out for me! I’ll stick with the tacos if you plan on progressing forward with the clan.

DoubleD

I find discord to be messy and hard to keep track stuff I am following, hope you guys like the other forum design cuz its pretty messy too.

I will stay here for a while
I’ve never used discord, so I’ll be staying here as well. Not so much as a lurker anymore.

EDIT: that lurker part sounds creepy, but I’m keeping it there. I meant it as, I will be participating in the discussion now that I’ve been playing more instead of lurking through the thread. Ha.

arimanius

Oh, and kneelbeforesaad made an OT for us on Reset Era...don’t think I can link it.

He also made a new Discord, so I’m not sure how that will work out. We have two Discords, one run by a guy who doesn’t even lurk on GAF anymore and the other by a guy who isn’t in the clan. I don’t know how that’s gonna pan out, but we do still have the PSN Community.

I didn't know there was a PSN community. What's the name?

I'll stick with this thread or the PSN community for now, who knows what the approval process will be for Reset. It took me 18 months with an ISP email to get into gaf.

Edit: I'll slide you some plat next time I see you on, Friz

Hopefully they open up registration for Reset Era soon.

frizby

Edited for redundancy...

- Would love to have you both in PhoenixRising, but I think we're all happy to help each other out regardless of which clan we're in. I just thought that might turn into a possible disconnect in the future with the Discord.

frizby

Copy/Pasting my own post from the other forum.

State of the clan:

• We have a new forum neutral name - PhoenixRising (to represent the death/split of our home and our reset here)
  • We have a new forum neutral emblem (my avatar), which is pending approval
  • We remain (as far as I'm concerned) the official clan of both forums, and the expectation is that we are respectful all around.
  • I remain forum neutral and continue to read both threads more or less daily.
  • I paid 350p up front for the new name and emblem, and any contributions to offset are appreciated but not expected. Members have donated 111p to date.
  • We have a PSN Community (PhoenixRising) that you can access through my PSN profile (frizby) or find via search (currently 78 members, almost all in the clan).
  • We are very full at the moment, partly due to PoE, and partly due to renewed interest in the forums
  • Be confident that I'll clear space for everyone who posts, but it may be a day or two before anyone is at sufficient days offline that I'm comforatable kicking them
  • If you ever take an extended break, and I kick you, a reinvite is never a problem, just post.
  • Higher Mastery Rank players get more flexibility for days offline, because they almost always come back. If you're under MR10, please log in at least once per week.
  • We currently have a capacity of 100 (Storm) and the next tier is 300 (mountain).
  • We have no plans to expand, as we've seen busy times come and go, but I'm open to discussion on the matter.
  • All members have permissions to invite when there's space, and we do allow non forum members (friends and such). We just happen to be full right now. It will pass.
  • Your rank in the clan is based almost entirely on Mastery Rank to avoid any cliques or favoritism (current promotions happen at ~MR 5, 10, 15, 19 and 23)
  • Discords...we currently have two that might need merged. Saad started one and Dreamgazer is running a sub off the PC clan.
Thanks everyone for your patience and support!

Used-ID

Is there any particular reason why the clan is being kept at 100 members instead of expanding it to the next level?

Is it a money/resources thing? A self imposed limit? Or is there some type of additional upkeep going to the next level?

Granted I haven't read up on there in and outs of clans in Warframe, but I'm just curious.

frizby

Is there any particular reason why the clan is being kept at 100 members instead of expanding it to the next level?

Is it a money/resources thing? A self imposed limit? Or is there some type of additional upkeep going to the next level?

Granted I haven't read up on there in and outs of clans in Warframe, but I'm just curious.

I basically think 100 is the perfect size for the level of demand we get from the forums. Normally, we'll get 3-4 people a month asking for an invite, and maybe one of them sticks with the game long term, so growth from 100 to 300 would never happen organically. Over the past 4 years, demand has proven to be very cyclical. Sure, we're busy right now because of PoE coming out and renewed forum interest, but two weeks ago, we had members with 45 days offline, and two weeks after PoE comes out, it will be the same.

Yeah, resource costs for research would triple, and 4-5 people usually pay all of those, but the bigger cost would be the recruiting we'd (mostly I'd) have to do to get the clan to 300 and keep it there in order to be competitive during events and to keep us in an alliance. No decent alliance wants a mountain clan that's a third full with members having over two months offline.

Perhaps most importantly, and the secret I don't often share on the forum(s), is the fact that the real core of consistent veteran players (mastery 20+ who log in at least every few days) in our clan is at least 50-70% non-forum members who I've recruited over the years in order to keep us viable during Destiny launches and such. When I took over clan leadership, it was a few months after the first Destiny, and we were essentially a dead clan. Basically, there hasn't historically been enough demand from GAF to keep us full at 100 without outside recruiting...maybe that will change, but I kind of doubt it.

I don't even ask that people play the game. Just log in once every 10 days or so, and there's a near zero percent chance you'll be kicked. And the higher your Mastery Rank, the more flexibility you get.

For transparency's sake, I have one person waiting for a spot right now, and I have 3-4 vets that I'm pretty sure will ask for a reinvite before PoE. I also don't see these high demand periods as a bad thing. It's when we're most healthy as a clan, and hopefull I've earned folks' trust to manage it.

Used-ID

Thanks for the answers.

It all makes sense to me - i just haven't looked too hard into the game other than opening up new levels. I haven't even looked for where to grind for items. It's a fun game but it's just that I get to play Wednesdays from around 10pm central to 6am Thursday morning so I never really get to interact with others.

frizby

Thanks for the answers.

It all makes sense to me - i just haven't looked too hard into the game other than opening up new levels. I haven't even looked for where to grind for items. It's a fun game but it's just that I get to play Wednesdays from around 10pm central to 6am Thursday morning so I never really get to interact with others.

We have enough Euro players that we usually have a few people on overnight, but it’s nothing like during the evening.

And man is this thread dead compared to the new one. Kind of sad.

Trogdor1123

Thermite Rounds are at Baro for those needing it. I'm grabbing tonight.

Btw, I understand why I was booted for inactivity. I was playing Destiny and had school. How hard to get an invite back? I won't be on much due to school for the next month so maybe in December?

frizby

Thermite Rounds are at Baro for those needing it. I'm grabbing tonight.

Btw, I understand why I was booted for inactivity. I was playing Destiny and had school. How hard to get an invite back? I won't be on much due to school for the next month so maybe in December?

Super easy. Just post when you're ready to play regularly, and I'll free up a spot...just as I freed yours up for someone else.

Cracklox

Welp.

DED t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶
site :(

Just thought I'd let anyone know who still may look here, I can't register at [redacted] due to the email situation needed over there. Not really in a position to correct that right now either, so it may be a while before I can go hang out and chat with all the cool kids again.

That said, I understand PoE drops very soon, so I'll be back into WF for that or soon thereafter. I've been doing the occasional log on/log off and last time I checked a week or two back I hadn't been kicked yet.

Looking forward to getting back into it with everyone

frizby

Welp.

DED t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶
site :(

Just thought I'd let anyone know who still may look here, I can't register at [redacted] due to the email situation needed over there. Not really in a position to correct that right now either, so it may be a while before I can go hang out and chat with all the cool kids again.

That said, I understand PoE drops very soon, so I'll be back into WF for that or soon thereafter. I've been doing the occasional log on/log off and last time I checked a week or two back I hadn't been kicked yet.

Looking forward to getting back into it with everyone

Yeah, prognosis is not great. I still check in here, and hopefully you can at least lurk on reset. I would think your ISP would give you a bunch of email addresses. Mine offers something like 7 I think. Most people just don’t take advantage of it.

As long as you log in at least every 2 weeks, you’re probably fine, and if you log every week, there’s 0% chance you’ll ever get kicked.

I need to study up on PoE, but since I’m nowhere near MR25, I also kind of want to go in blind and just figure it out.

Cracklox

Yeah, prognosis is not great. I still check in here, and hopefully you can at least lurk on reset. I would think your ISP would give you a bunch of email addresses. Mine offers something like 7 I think. Most people just don’t take advantage of it.

As long as you log in at least every 2 weeks, you’re probably fine, and if you log every week, there’s 0% chance you’ll ever get kicked.

I need to study up on PoE, but since I’m nowhere near MR25, I also kind of want to go in blind and just figure it out.

Ya long story, but I'm in a share house for the time being, so can't really get my own email other then gmails etc for now. The one I used to register here was from a job or two ago that I obviously can't access anymore. So no bueno.

And yeah, been lurking the other site a bit. I mostly only post in gaming communties around here, so the fact most everyone seems to have upped and left over there, means I probably should as well. It just sort of sucks not being able to right now.

On topic, Plains is sounding nice, but really I'm just hoping for the customary 50% off welcome back voucher the game usually gives me after a break. I really NEED that new Mag deluxe skin

Cracklox

Just followed your advice and logged, and of course I get a voucher. Mag skin isn't till next week and I've got all of 6 plat atm. I've plenty of stuff to sell, but not sure I'm ready to jump back into that scene just yet. 1st world Warframe problems

*shakes fist angrily at frizby*

frizby

Just followed your advice and logged, and of course I get a voucher. Mag skin isn't till next week and I've got all of 6 plat atm. I've plenty of stuff to sell, but not sure I'm ready to jump back into that scene just yet. 1st world Warframe problems

*shakes fist angrily at frizby*

Lol. Guess you should have logged in a week ago. ;)

Also...Mag is pretty mediocre.

Cracklox

Also...Mag is pretty mediocre.

14fm1ck5pr3siht51vojw9zh2_320x240x53_by_menaria-d9r5set.gif

Used-ID

Plains is fun but so much lag...

It wasn't so bad, but then again I set multi player to "friends only" so I could just roam around.

Now the town, that's completely different. I haven't seen that much slow down in a game for years. So much so that I'd just go back to orbit rather than to that slide show.

frizby

It wasn't so bad, but then again I set multi player to "friends only" so I could just roam around.

Now the town, that's completely different. I haven't seen that much slow down in a game for years. So much so that I'd just go back to orbit rather than to that slide show.

Same. I always go solo or squad up manually in the plains...more for extraction issues than for lag though.

The town's framerate is a mess. I just use fast travel for everything.

Top Bottom