• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units (April 6th), 20.5M Software (April 13)

EGOMON

Thanks to you, PS4 hardware has cumulatively sold through more than 7 million units worldwide as of April 6th, 2014:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/ps4-hits-7-million-globally/#sf2613495
PS4 software sales are another bright spot, with more than 20.5 million copies sold at retail and PlayStation Store worldwide as of April 13th, 2014.
On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!

Knack be selling units by the boatload.

Chad Warden where are youuuuu

He'll always live on in our hearts.

Chad_daddy.jpg

Only cared about the last sentence of that announcement. I'm happy for Sony but are we going to have a "We sold X amount" every month? I hope this isn't regular tbh.

Slashlen

I'm guessing the fact that they released this today means they lost the NPD race for the month, but they're probably happier with the 7 million anyway.

Mr Swine

Banned
Nice! Now I wonder how far this will go, will it keep on selling like Wii/PS2 or will it slowly sell worse over time?

thuway

Pointless dreaming but if they can hit 10 million by E3 - that would make for a nice feather in the presentation cap.

Welp here we go

Congrats on the sales PS4.

I'm guessing the fact that they released this today means they lost the NPD race for the month, but they're probably happier with the 7 million anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me. Good for my NPD predictions if so though lol

Into

Congrats to them

Is this a pre preemptive NPD strike? Almost everyone thinks MS won this last month and likely did, so they are bringing this out to drone NPD out. Its a classic move, would not surprise anyone who has worked in PR

Philippo

If XBO is around 4mln, i can see Ps4 getting to 8 just in time for E3, so that they can say "we've sold the double of our competitors!".

Gorillaz

Damn

will they actually hit 10 million before/by holidays? I know Summer is considered the slow down months for the industry

Top Bottom