• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this game collection worth $35,000? (eBay)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
If I remember correctly, your collection is epic. In a whole different league from this one.

I've dismantled and sold most the retro stuff (NES, SNES, MD, Saturn, PC Engine, PS1 all largely wiped out)- next up it to sell the arcade boards. X360 and PS2 need culled down more.

Javier

Ducktales 2 and Chip N' Dale 2 NES are pretty rare. Even cart-only copies can sell for up to $100 each on eBay.

But yeah, not worth $35,000 in the slightest.

bengraven

votz6.jpg

I've dismantled and sold most the retro stuff (NES, SNES, MD, Saturn, PC Engine, PS1 all largely wiped out)- next up it to sell the arcade boards. X360 and PS2 need culled down more.

Ouch, that almost makes me sad. Why did you decide to sell them? And did you make mad loot?

Solid07

Banned
All of those games look like they're in pristine shape. I would regret selling all of those later in life. You can't find many of those old games in such conditions easily.

All of those games look like they're in pristine shape. I would regret selling all of those later in life. You can't find many of those old games in such conditions easily.

If he sells if for $35k (which is grossly over value) then I'm sure he won't care.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
There's no way that $25k offer was for real.

Well, at least that's what this guy will keep repeating to himself when this sells for $500

No way near that price. Throw in a gold Nintendo World Championship Cart (roughly worth $15,000 - $20,000) and it still wouldn't be worth that asking price. The guy is deluded.

-viper-

Banned
I'd pay £300 max for that shit..

$35k for a bunch of fucking video games? Wow. Just wow.

At any given time, I only have 5 games in a case! I like to sell what I get bored of.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
No way near that price. Throw in a gold Nintendo World Championship Cart (roughly worth $15,000 - $20,000) and it still wouldn't be worth that asking price. The guy is deluded.

Really? The guy who owns a huge bookshelf full of unopened video games is deluded?

I'd love to know his reasons for selling.

I dunno. Cardboard isn't very practical if you're looking for shelf life. Plus it took more space than current media cases.

That, and they're much less durable and are far more prone to damage than hard plasic cases.

I still have the cardboard boxes for all my N64 and GBA games, but I much prefer the newer cases.

*Complete copy of Earthbound in Very Good Condition

*Snatcher and The Space Adventure on Sega CD

*Suikoden II on PS1

*Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut with Box on Nintendo 64

*2 Sealed Copies of Infinite Space on the DS

*Sealed copies of Paper Mario and NFL Blitz Special Edition(blockbuster only release) on Nintendo 64

*Majority of the DS/PS3/360/Wii/PSP games are sealed(the ones that are horizontal are sealed, the ones that are stacked are opened and complete)

*Sealed PSP LEs(including all the YS's)

*Metroid Prime Trilogy Sealed for Wii

*Metroid Prime/Zelda Wind Waker Combo Sealed for Gamecube(seal has a rip)

*Very rare Complete GBA Games(Ninja 5-O, Wings, Pink Panther, many more)

*Some sealed collector's/limited editions for current gen consoles(on the top shelf in the closet pic, cant really see them, ill provide a pic if needed)

I have no idea why the bolded are "notable mentions."

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Ouch, that almost makes me sad. Why did you decide to sell them? And did you make mad loot?

i did okay :) the big winners were selling things like Eliminate Down, Do-Re-Mi etc...

can't say i miss them to be quite honest, it was awesome having them all but priorities have long since shifted.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Does the cost also include the dwelling and all associated furnishings?
Because that collection is certainly worth way less than asking price.

Joni

If they are still sealed, I doubt he is enjoying them now so he would be regretting selling some unopened boxes.

shaowebb

Not even worth close to that much. He's got games in decent enough condition compared to some from those eras but theres nothing really of significant value there. I mean his Saturn collection doesn't even have Shining Force 3 to pad its pricetag which nets anywhere from $70 to $100. Also his collectors editions are for titles not worth anything on the trade market since no one seeks out those titles. Collectors editions for stuff like that tends to start at the low end of the price points due to lack of a market.

It'd be something if he maybe had the Sega Tetris cartridge or say Nintendo's mythic gold cart edition of their Nintendo World Championships game, but he has nothing even close to the 5 digit game titles needed to put this collection all the way up to $35G.

Guy is nuts.

I dunno. Cardboard isn't very practical if you're looking for shelf life. Plus it took more space than current media cases.
I think a shelf of dvd/bluray cases for all the current systems looks boring though. I like all the different sized and deformed boxes for the old systems, I think the NES boxes look the best, especially the one for Mario 3, bring on the character!

D.Lo

This freaking sold???

I am now considering selling a chunk of my collection, 100 boxed high-quality (ie not baseball/licenced crap) Famicom/NES games anyone?

Monocle

Definitely overpriced. The person who bought the collection for $31.5K got ripped off. The seller is going to be clicking his heels all the way to the bank.

Qmff4.jpg

Did you see what this idiot wrote at the bottom of the description?

**UPDATE 3/23(in response to the rude emails ive been getting):

If you dont think this lot is worth it, youre obviously not a collector(or, no offense, a bad collector that doesnt know prices of games). The amount of time it would take to get some of these games would turn into years(a bunch arent even up on ebay at the moment and probably wont be for a while, i know this from experience sitting on ebay the last 3 years). I had a $26,000 offer yesterday that I turned down because I would be losing money on the lot. I know you may be thinking this seller is crazy, but youre the same person/people i buy games off and sell them for tripple what I payed. Im not trying to be a dick, but ive been getting some really nasty emails(threatening me, trying to blackmail me, belittling me, ect). Please dont email me if youre going to be an ass. Thanks to the people that have actually sent me legitamite questions and offers.

What a fucking idiot. Learn how to spell and write coherent sentences.

Jesus. Im not saying my collection is worth that much but i do have quite a few items that are better than what he has.

Thats a lot of money for a collection that is not THAT valuable!

What kind of self absorbed waster even considers buying this? oO
A huge collection of games you'll mostly never play, and this accomplishes what shallow purpose?

What was the buyers feedback?

the PS3 and xbox 360 games are sorta worthless since you can still buy them. But whoa at it buying sold 0_o

Since that guy has scammed people before, LOL and smh if he tries to scam the buyer

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think the guy is just exasperated. He probably wrote that addendum because he was fed up with people sending him nasty notes.

According to a thread on CAG, an admin was trying to confront the seller on ebay over some accusations of a few of the games in the auction being stolen from a CAG member, which is probably at least partially what the "threatening messages" are referring to. I don't vouch for any of the claims, just explaining why the seller might have added such a comment to the auction.

Top Bottom