• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Kanokare

I can't seem to nail Morrigan's Mission 8. I get to the point of hitting aerial lp lk hp, but then when I try to dash and lp the lp hits but I slip under the cpu.

Chris needs so many things to stand a chance...

He needs i-frames on several of his specials.

He needs to be able to shoot upwards with his guns.

He needs his mines and grenades to stay active even after taking a hit.

He needs somewhere around half of his moves to come out a bit faster.

He needs to go back to saying "Suck it!" when he plants a landmine.

A simple patch won't be enough to fix him
unless Dahbomb has any theories

iJack

Banned
Hey, WAY WAY long time lurker, first time poster. I registered here back when I was in college, but life got in the way and I never returned. Once I've tried to register I realized that I already had an account and I just wanna share this:

Thank you guys for keeping me excited to at least check out this game. I've bought it kinda scared with what people were talking about and I couldn't be happier. This is my favorite fighting game this year and I was taken aback by that because I really enjoyed Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is one hell of a great game too. I see myself playing this for years, especially if they keep updating the game. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on Steam though, but I haven't been able to find anyone to play online the few times I've played. Hopefully they will add cross play eventually, I feel that worked pretty well for Street Fighter V.

Either way, I've bought the Steam version to check out and for the mods, but I'm planning to buy the PS4 version as soon as the stores in my town have it.

Any tips for getting more consistent with air dash-dependent loops?

For example, having difficulty doing 2 loops with Captain Marvel after LK+MK dive. Flying with additional loops seems nearly impossible for me.

Like, the timing of pressing LP --> HP --> diagonal LP+HP feels really difficult. If I were to throw a % on it for me right now, I'd say:

1 loop (after dive attack) = 100%
2 loops = 30%
3+ loops (with the fly) = 0%

Pretty sure I've been at this daily for a few hours a day. It's not necessary (I can just end the loop with a HK and OTG into a normal air combo or swap)...but I'd like to have it in my tool kit.

If it's just a matter of muscle memory with the button presses and stick, I'll just keep at it. I just wonder if there isn't a simpler, more reliable input method.

thanks in advance!

Sayad

That's odd. MVCI was on Capcom Fighters Fri and Sat. Are you subbed to the channel?
They just showed hours of MvCi on Capcom Fighters a few hours ago.

Yipes, Persia, and Tasty Steve were commentating.

EDIT: Unless you mean twitter?
They've also mentioned it there, too:
https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/911334875696848897
Definitely more SF5 tweets at the moment, though.

Talking about the youtube channel. They uploaded SFV stuff from SCR but not MvCI's!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh you need to be a subscriber to watch the capcomfighters videos? welp, guess im not watching those day 2 pools then >_>

anything noteworthy? did the arthur/nemesis guy make it?

Sayad

ugh you need to be a subscriber to watch the capcomfighters videos? welp, guess im not watching those day 2 pools then >_>

anything noteworthy? did the arthur/nemesis guy make it?
For SFV they're uploaded to Capcom Fighters youtube right away when the event is done, they already have last night's games up, nothing MvCI related yet though, hopefully they start uploading those too.

NotLiquid

Top 8

Jibrill - Thanos/Haggar/Reality
Prof Coxetta aka SACKTAP - Nemesis/Haggar/Space
Coach Steve - Nova/Spencer/Reality
Taekua - Nova/Ghost Rider/Reality

Richard Nguyen - Dante/Dormammu/Soul
Marn - Zero/Dante/Power (with MMX on the side)
Cloud805 - Zero/Dante/Soul
FChamp - Dormammu/Ultron/Space (Ghost Rider/Captain Marvel/Reality on side)

3 Dante (DA BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME!!!!!)

2 Zero
2 Dormammu
2 Nova
2 Haggar

1 Thanos
1 Ghost Rider
1 Ultron
1 Spencer
1 Nemesis

3 Reality
2 Space
2 Soul
1 Power

Spencer made it to Top 8? The dream is alive!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 Novas, 2 Haggars and 1 Spencer in Top 8? Neat

Fuck Dante.

I really don't know what character I wanna put time into. I'm incapable of doing fly cancel combos, so all fly characters are off the table. Jedah is probably the one id like to get good at but I don't know who else.

also waiting for my ps3-ps4 fightstick converter to come in the mail.

I really don't know what character I wanna put time into. I'm incapable of doing fly cancel combos, so all fly characters are off the table. Jedah is probably the one id like to get good at but I don't know who else.

also waiting for my ps3-ps4 fightstick converter to come in the mail.

You know Jedah has flying, right? Or are you saying he's a fly character you'd like to put time into?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey, WAY WAY long time lurker, first time poster. I registered here back when I was in college, but life got in the way and I never returned. Once I've tried to register I realized that I already had an account and I just wanna share this:

Thank you guys for keeping me excited to at least check out this game. I've bought it kinda scared with what people were talking about and I couldn't be happier. This is my favorite fighting game this year and I was taken aback by that because I really enjoyed Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is one hell of a great game too. I see myself playing this for years, especially if they keep updating the game. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on Steam though, but I haven't been able to find anyone to play online the few times I've played. Hopefully they will add cross play eventually, I feel that worked pretty well for Street Fighter V.

Either way, I've bought the Steam version to check out and for the mods, but I'm planning to buy the PS4 version as soon as the stores in my town have it.

Welcome to NeoGAF! For your online issues, you should try to use matchmaking feature in training mode since I heard that it would solve your issue.

Rhaknar

Max doesn't sound to hyped about reality stone lol

yeah im torn on reality stone. Just had a nice long set with T.O.P. and clearly my best gmes were when I was using RS, when I tried to change to other ones the results...well werent as nice.

On one hand I think its cheap as fuck, and I agree with Max that its nerfing people's learning the game, because they can abuse and depend on it, its a huge crutch.

on the other hand, its in the game so not using it out of principle, especially when youre shit, is super counter productive. Especially when you can pinpoint the spots you get caught and think "if I had RS I wouldnt get caught", and also when you keep facing all these "top tier" (I know I know its week one, but for lack of a better term) characters like Dante, Dormammu, Ultron, Jedah, its hard to feel bad about using it tbh.

Rhaknar

2 things I noticed in my set with T.O.P.

A) some characters have ridiculous hit boxes on their launchers. Dormammu's had no business hitting so high, the fucking launcher is a ground flame. Also Dante's giant sword orJedah's stupid wings launcher that hits the top of the screen.

B) fuck Dormammu. That character is ridiculous right now. The same amazing keep way as before and a whole bag of new tricks. That carpet is silly, I dont care if you can just hop out of it (I tried and couldnt do it but im shit), his launcher is silly like I said, has a beam super, has a teleport, can easily cross you up, man... kinda makes you think what they were thinking. Im surprised they didnt give him super armor also lol.

Good thing about Dormammu? I dont feel bad about using RS lol :D

edit: I'm STILL chicken blocking for no reason and getting opened up, like not even in the corner, Ill get opened up in the middle of the screen because I up-backed. How to I cleanse my brain of that :(

I'm calling my team spinning bird nemesis because in the unoptimized combo I came up with, that's what she says when I time the tag in correctly.

Chun Li:
0cdb4ef0-7489-402f-b6c0-1464e944c4c0.jpg._CB301026551__SR300,300_.jpg

Nemesis:
yBew4NvcQxy6._UX800_TTW_.jpg

He getting all up in there

Reality stone seems really good but so was wolverine xfactor level 1, and that slowly became adapted to as well.

I think there could be some tiny nerfs like giving it a minimum height for air activation or slightly reduce it's tracking. But I hope they leave the game until next year and let it develop.

Early standouts seem to be reality stone and dormammu. But nothing that is easy win/negating of skill.

Reality stone is also the easiest analog to marvel 2/3 assists so of course the marvel gods are using it as a crutch to carry over to infinite. Power stone has a ton of possibility and time stone as well. Soul stone is very useful for comebacks and when people get soul stone dual character combos, people will say wow.

Space stone does seem like the weak one so far.

Rhaknar

I need to practice some Nemesis, from what I've seen he should be right up my alley.

edit: posted? MVCI hitboxes

Rhaknar

oh shit Nemesis corner rocket loops are fun :D

Can you do 3 before you spike them down? I can do 3 but cant spike them but I might not be fast enough. Maybe only 2 with spike?

Got myself hyped up and now I think I'm buying the game.

Is the deluxe edition worth it? Are the costumes cool enough? I think I would be getting it for $71.00+tax at BestBuy.

NotLiquid

Is the deluxe edition worth it? Are the costumes cool enough? I think I would be getting it for $71.00+tax at BestBuy.

The costumes are good but it's another question entirely if they are characters you will be playing.

Having said that if you can see yourself putting in time to the game then the Deluxe Edition is a must since it comes with the character season pass.

Neoxon

The Thor/Hulk/X/Ryu costumes are only for pre-ordering (though they'll likely be available in Wave 2 later). You still get the Character Pass costumes, though (which we have yet to see).

FinKL

Welcome dude! I got the PC version myself and day 1 I had to try "Casual Match" for like minutes before I found a match. Maybe training fight request On would be the way to go.

The costumes are good but it's another question entirely if they are characters you will be playing.

Having said that if you can see yourself putting in time to the game then the Deluxe Edition is a must since it comes with the character season pass.

The Thor/Hulk/X/Ryu costumes are only for pre-ordering (though they'll likely be available in Wave 2 later). You still get the Character Pass costumes, though (which we have yet to see).

Damn :( Didn't know that. Guess I'll just get the regular edition for now. Thanks guys!

patchday

I went with Deluxe since that's the only way I know of to get DLCs discounted at launch like this. So with my certificates & GCU discount it was fairly good price. Plus I know I want all those dlc characters

sinkfla87

Welcome! Yeah I kind of wish there was cross play too. There's people I want to play with but they're on PC, bleh :(.

Dubz

Complete Marvel noob here. Just went through the tutorial, and while somewhat helpful, I didn't feel like it was amazing.

I'm understanding what seems to be the universal LP, LK, HP, HK, cr HP to launch, and then repeat process in air to hit opponent to the ground. What I'm not understanding is how to continue the combo after the opponent hits the ground. Im guessing it's different for different characters. I'm using Dante and I think Gamora for now. Any help would be appreciated.

If there's some kind of beginners combo guide I would appreciate a link to that, too.

Thanks!

Rhaknar

ooooh that diagonal chain combos into standing HP? thats a game changer.

edit: does anyone know when top 8 at SCR starts?

Is there any way to make ground/air dash easier?

I really liked the two button system in umvc3, but now flicking the analogue stick or using dpad is such a hassle. I am having trouble doing Dante's dash into hp.

Top Bottom