• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Matush

The one
where Sandrine Holt's character is running through all those NYU landmarks?
The reason I suspect there is more is largely because I saw filming of that scene and there appeared to be more than what was shown in the premiere. Seriously, the set details were incredibly cool and it ended differently than the premiere version. Probably the editor just cut it.
Oh that scene,
I thought you meant the one at the beggining, since her running scene wasnt anything special.

Tempted to watch part 1 tonight but would also really enjoy a solid two hours of new Mr. Robot! For those who have seen part 1, does it feel like it's all act-1 and no payoff?

Nothus

Did anyone notice the QR image in Elliot's journal, about 11 mins into the episode?
I've tried scanning it but can't get it to work, it's only on the screen for a second but it's definitely a QR code thing to scan.

Anyone else seen it/scanned it?

Tempted to watch part 1 tonight but would also really enjoy a solid two hours of new Mr. Robot! For those who have seen part 1, does it feel like it's all act-1 and no payoff?

In some ways, yes. If anything, the premiere gets you set into the new status quo and teases some new plot-lines. It also has a very cool diagetic explanation for the format of the show now. It's one of the most clever things I've seen someone do in TV, but that's likely me overstating it. I don't want to say anymore because the premiere is some fantastic television. Enjoy it in 48 hours. I'm champing at the bit for part 2 since last night.

maxcriden

It will. Not really sure how it works but I think the newest episode is available the day after they premiere. Btw, you have to buy the season.

By the same token, if you get USA in your cable package, you can watch the episode free the next day. Just FYI for any that applies to.

I originally told myself I was not going to watch the surprise premiere of the first half of Episode 1 last night as then it would be too long before the next episode, but I did watch it and I will watch it again on Wednesday night.

I was very worried they were not going to be able to sustain the brilliance of Season 1 but it appears I was worried for no reason at all as I felt they picked up right where they left off. Was a tad slow but also that is to be expected. They are beginning a new season with a new arc and have to ease into it and still tie it back to last Season.

Best show on TV easily.

FWIW, on Weds in addition to your rewatch you'll also have a new episode to watch since they're airing a total of two episodes that night. ☺

Still laughing at Angela mosses decision to join evil corp and trying to " change things from within" hahahaah.

She'll lose her self before she even reaches the finish line. Enter the belly of the beast good luck getting out.

Coreda

Not as strong an impression as S1 but I'll be interested where they take it in the second half of the premiere.

buzzFeed reviewer:

Joanna's the second best character on the show so I'm very excited about this.

I might be bias because we're totes BFFs and everything (that's what Twitter follows mean right? No? Oh well.) but what they do with Joanna is something I've been looking forward to the most since near the end of season one.

buzzFeed reviewer:

Joanna's the second best character on the show so I'm very excited about this.

I think on one of the reviews, the reviewer was talking about both parts of the premiere (inadvertently spoiling me in the process) and mentioned that Joanna [really minor spoiler for the premiere, but you're not going to click on it anyway]
was having S&M relationships with strangers to cope with Tyrell disappearing.
. So, the fire emoji may not be referring to the quality of her acting but for something else.

Double episode premiere tonight:
eps2.0unm4sk-pt1.tc; eps2.0unm4sk-pt2.tc

Five/nine has changed the world; Elliot is in seclusion; Angela finds happiness at Evil Corp.; fsociety delivers a malicious payload.

Tonight's premiere will be followed by an hour long after show with Andy Greenwald and the cast/crew.
From New York City; the cast and creator break down the Season 2 premiere and answer questions from fans.

Also, it looks like they might be running the premiere episodes with limited commercials as it's scheduled for a 10:01pm-11:32pm timeslot with the after show from 11:32pm-12:32am.

S1 recap:
- S1 extended recap (USA's website)

Top Bottom