• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

hydruxo

why does this game keep putting you in instances where you have to do public events by yourself? surely the population can't be that low this early in?

Sometimes if you fast travel to to nearest fast travel point it'll give you an instance with more people. Definitely still too many instances where you end up by yourself though, it's super annoying. As is being put in one with lots of people who still don't know how to trigger heroics -_-

Matticers

Does anyone on PS4 who knows how to do this nightfall with the anomalies feel like running it? I've tried 3 or 4 times now with random people and we've run out of time every time. Mainly because nobody else destroys any anomalies. We had 23 minutes worth of time this last attempt and ran out of time with the boss at 25% or so.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The game just let me do something stupid.
And it really shouldn't have let me do it.

I'm playing as my Titan. I get through the first couple of missions on Titan and get gifted the exotic chest piece that loads ammo into auto rifles.
Sweet! Looks like a good time.

I go check the Farm and grab some weapons from the vault.
I check the Collections and there is my new chest piece but it's a level 16 item with 205 power instead of the level 4, 105 power one I'm wearing.
Hmm....
So could I just buy this and infuse it up?

Well I have to try. It's only 10 legendary shards.

So I did it.

Except it changed the piece I'm wearing to level 16. So it's equipped with 205 power, but I'm not wearing it. My stats aren't showing it and visually my character doesn't have it on.

My level 4 piece is gone.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wagon anyone?

To the those who know, what's the best SMGs? Game is handing me 305 SMGs like it's going out of style.

m23

Increase the damn time limit in pvp matches. 90% of the time the matches end due to time rather than the objective.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone up for a quick Raid run?

I have the Calus checkpoint.

288 Titan, PSN is the same.

Shoot me a FR if you've got a group.

v1perz53

So am I missing something or is it way harder to get kinetic weapons than energy/power weapons? Hit lv 20 around a week ago, been doing a bunch of random things and turning in rep tokens, and I have a whole bunch of purple energy weapons, a whole bunch of purple power weapons (like 5 of them swords), and still only a blue kinetic weapon. Checked the gunsmith and even his rep packages have only one kinetic option, all 8 others are power or energy.

Am I missing a more common source for purple kinetic weapons? Or is it just a bad day/week for them with gunsmith and his stock will rotate? Checked all other reps and they each have only one kinetic weapon also as an engram drop but multiple energy/power options.

Increase the damn time limit in pvp matches. 90% of the time the matches end due to time rather than the objective.

I'd prefer they just lower the score requirements. I think the matches already take somewhere on the longer end of time now, but I also would rather them end by reaching the score than timing out.

So am I missing something or is it way harder to get kinetic weapons than energy/power weapons? Hit lv 20 around a week ago, been doing a bunch of random things and turning in rep tokens, and I have a whole bunch of purple energy weapons, a whole bunch of purple power weapons (like 5 of them swords), and still only a blue kinetic weapon. Checked the gunsmith and even his rep packages have only one kinetic option, all 8 others are power or energy.

Am I missing a more common source for purple kinetic weapons? Or is it just a bad day/week for them with gunsmith and his stock will rotate? Checked all other reps and they each have only one kinetic weapon also as an engram drop but multiple energy/power options.

The selection shown on the screen isn't his total collection. Just keep turning in at the various vendors and you'll eventually get a Kinetic Weapon.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone have that video of that guy doing the nightfall, saying its very easy, and he even did a public event in the middle of it?

Because I HAVE to see that bullshit.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Wait.... Did Xur take the week-end off?

no...always check your destinations tab and look for him in different planets/etc. with an icon like this " IX " which you can track.
anyways beating calus has me pooped on my warlock...I already have my titan near 270....gonna start working on my hunter

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Looking for a crew to help do Trials of the Nine on Xbox. I’m a 295 Warlock. MessageTotal Sellout on Xbox Live.

Megasoum

Banned
no...always check your destinations tab and look for him in different planets/etc. with an icon like this " IX " which you can track.
anyways beating calus has me pooped on my warlock...I already have my titan near 270....gonna start working on my hunter

Yeah that's weird he wasn't showing up on my destination map until I actually landed on Titan.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone have that video of that guy doing the nightfall, saying its very easy, and he even did a public event in the middle of it?

Because I HAVE to see that bullshit.

Datto?

Well when you know where all 30 anomalies are and can hit max time and get lucky with DPS on boss, that's the result

NFs went from one long session to intermittent little NF chunks you practice over and over till you learn the route that saves you time and earn more time
Can cheese it by doing the back and forth and hitting max time

Still beat boss with 1.5 minute left lol

Hey all,

Looking to try and get 3 more people for a raid. The 3 of us have never attempted a raid before, and we are looking for literally anybody to join us - experienced or new. We all have mics and are pretty solid players, so if you're experienced, we're willing to listen to directions. We're fine with a completely blind raid, too.

1. Duker41 (285 Warlock)
2. HavocFX (284 Hunter)
3. Trus1111 (272 Warlock)

Once we're filled up, we'll roll out. Anybody in?

Edit: PS4

With how easy it is to get shards, I don't see why people wouldn't buy everything they don't already have. We don't want another Gjallarhorn situation to happen do we?

No one knew the glory of Ghorn in D1 week 2.

I didn't know how powerful it was but I did buy it, mainly cos it was super pretty

MrDaravon

Unless it's one of the really easy ones or there's multiple folks there I'm starting to skip public events; they don't seem worth the time (as opposed to grabbing a single chest for a token) if they're not heroic, and too many of them are enormous struggles/borderline impossible solo. For the first time ever I finally triggered the blight Heroic version only because I was solo and no one else was there (I have never seen a single other person who seems to understand how to do that one) and I couldn't kill the boss solo. I've still never seen the Injector Rig heroic either because no one else seems how to trigger that one either. Also disappointed in the Clan Level 3 Public Event "bonus", I've cleared ~24 heroic public events since we hit level 3 and other than it seems to consistently give you 2 blues + token instead of 1 blue + token I'm not really noticing any difference. One time I got 2 tokens instead of one and I got a Legendary once but that's it in that timeframe. I was hoping/expecting you'd get 2 tokens most of the time or something.

Once my Titan is through the story and has all of the random bullshit (Adventures, Lost Secotrs etc) done this game is definitely becoming a do the easy weekly shit and that's it until DLC or something worthwhile hits. I really enjoy a lot of things about the game but I couldn't agree more with the game being a mile wide but an inch deep. IMO the Crucible is terrible (and to be fair I wasn't a fan of Crucible in D1 although mostly for different reasons), and I never want to do the Raid again until they address the bugs/issues with the last encounter, and with the Raid gear not being particularly unique in terms of Perks etc that makes it an even easier skip. So with Trials, Crucible and the Raid having no draw for me the only thing to chase is loot; but since there's no random rolls on guns I know exactly what I'm looking for and I already have pretty much all of the specific legendary guns I'd be interested in and have my setup.

Ideally hunting for Exotics would be the chase but I find most of the exotic armors not particularly interesting, and I already have the handful of exotic guns I'd particuarly want. Also after tonight I've now had 21 exotic engrams drop (excluding quest specific rewards etc) which now includes NINE Sunspots which is discouraging to say the least and I'm increasingly thinking people complaining about high numbers of dupes may be on to something beyond just bitching at the RNG gods. I haven't even been turning in any of the faction items/tokens for the last week or so and I'm sitting on piles of them because I outside of getting dupes for alts I don't really specifically "need" any legendaries (at least from the common/easy vendors because fuck grinding for Crucible tokens) and so I might as well hoard them for potential later use if/when they raise the PL cap or something.

I don't even need "more" stuff to do necessarily, they just need to make other things worthwhile that are useless right now like Lost Sectors, Adventures, maybe scale Public Events based on player count to make it more reasonable to one or two people to do them etc. I'm not even mad, just disappointed. I'm likely tapping out much ealier than I did from D1 in terms of this being an all day/every day game for me, but I had a much better time with it overall.

Hoping the paid DLC brings big improvements is a problem of it's own, but here I am lol.

Looking for a few more for a trials group on PS4. You don't have to be a god at the game, but I'd like to make a run at 3 wins for the milestone. PSN Tohoya.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Hey all,

Looking to try and get 3 more people for a raid. The 3 of us have never attempted a raid before, and we are looking for literally anybody to join us - experienced or new. We all have mics and are pretty solid players, so if you're experienced, we're willing to listen to directions. We're fine with a completely blind raid, too.

1. Duker41 (285 Warlock)
2. HavocFX (284 Hunter)

Add me.

288 Titan.

PSN BiGBoSSMk23

Setmeni

Do the classes play generally the same from the first game? I don’t want to get halfway through or get to end game and find out I hate that kind of character endgame. I’m used to a Titan but the armor sets I’ve seen so far are too bulky but I don’t know if I’ll like a Hunter endgame or not. Plus I hate Warlock movement.

netguy503

Hey all,

1. Duker41 (285 Warlock)
2. HavocFX (284 Hunter)

Add me

279 Warlock

PSN:Netguy503

This will be a blind raid for me too so I hope that's OK but I have merciless which I heard was good for this raid.

Top Bottom