• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celica announced for Fire Emblem Warriors

I haven't been following this game very well, but I'm shocked people are suprised by this. Her game just came out a few months ago, of course they would include her. I would have been AMAZED if either she or the guy from that game weren't in it

Zelda has good characters.

Not so much 'good', but the cast was easily made more diverse for Hyrule Warriors, whereas the main difference between fire emblem characters outside of behaviour is the type of weapon they use and if they have a mount of some description. Whereas hyrule warriors was able to include various races including a fish person, rock eating big guy, wolf riding imp, two sword spirits, one of which is largely robotic in mannerisms and look, as well as easy choices for variation in even the more human races, with shiekah and Gerudo included in the base roster which have some decent parallels with real life races.

They actually had it harder than I would have initially thought in getting anywhere near the variation in character types than I would have thought before the game was announced (not that sticking with fates and awakening helped, but going with everything still wouldn't have opened up that many character types outside of like, laguz)

PK Gaming

It didn't bother me in Hyrule Warriors for some reason. But with FE Warriors it does! Why?! Why does it bother me so much?

Probably because you're actually invested in FE characters, unlike with Hyrule Warriors, which was just a fun, unexpected ride. Either way, it definitely hurts to get spurned like that, so I can relate.

I haven't been following this game very well, but I'm shocked people are suprised by this. Her game just came out a few months ago, of course they would include her. I would have been AMAZED if either she or the guy from that game weren't in it
She also has an Amiibo. Any character with an Amiibo is likely to end up in the game, either in the original roster or as DLC. So expect Alm, Ike, and Roy at some point. And they haven't confirmed Tiki officially but they already announced the Amiibo so like...duh.

Azuran

Banned
Not so much 'good', but the cast was easily made more diverse for Hyrule Warriors, whereas the main difference between fire emblem characters outside of behaviour is the type of weapon they use and if they have a mount of some description. Whereas hyrule warriors was able to include various races including a fish person, rock eating big guy, wolf riding imp, two sword spirits, one of which is largely robotic in mannerisms and look, as well as easy choices for variation in even the more human races, with shiekah and Gerudo included in the base roster which have some decent parallels with real life races.

They actually had it harder than I would have initially thought in getting anywhere near the variation in character types than I would have thought before the game was announced (not that sticking with fates and awakening helped, but going with everything still wouldn't have opened up that many character types outside of like, laguz)

This is probably going to be a good game but the variation in gameplay styles is going to get boring quickly. There's only so many ways someone can swing a sword.

Hyrule Warriors had some really unique characters like Ruto and Zant that's impossible to add in this game because thy don't exist. I expect some characters will have unique gimmicks in FEW but they certainly won't come close to the variety offered in HW.

The fact that every characters looks pretty straightforward to use doesn't help matters. Some of the most fun in HW was figuring out how the onorthodox characters worked.

This is probably going to be a good game but the variation in gameplay styles is going to get boring quickly. There's only so many ways someone can swing a sword.

Hyrule Warriors had some really unique characters like Ruto and Zant that's impossible to add in FE game. I expect some characters will have unique gimmicks in FEW but they certainly won't come close to the variety offered in HW.
It's really not impossible considering the wide variety of FE characters and classes. Like, they could've added a Balistician or some Laguz if they really wanted variety. This is entirely on the designers, the franchise has plenty of unit variety to draw from. Way more than Zelda, honestly.

R0ckman

I'd prefer Celica Map 2 theme. Damn FE team can make some good music, hope that team comes back for the switch title.

McNum

It's really not impossible considering the wide variety of FE characters and classes. Like, they could've added a Balistician or some Laguz if they really wanted variety. This is entirely on the designers, the franchise has plenty of unit variety to draw from. Way more than Zelda, honestly.
Still waiting on Tiki. I really hope she'll be in dragon form for the entire fight. That'd be new for a Warriors game, I'd imagine.

PK Gaming

Don't forget your boy, Hector

Hard to believe they ignored Armor units entirely

C E L I C A

On the one hand, I'm glad she gets to kick ass. On the other hand, she doesn't use magic a lot and shares animations with Marth. Definitely a character done on the cheap and added late in development...

:(

Yeah, I assumed she was chosen over Alm since she could use magic, so it's a little disappointing. At least she adds some much-needed rep variety.

CazTGG

Dragon Tiki doesn't have boobs. The public will not stand for that.

1. I'm pretty sure the Tiki we're getting is Shadow Dragon Tiki based on the Amiibo that's coming out alongside Warriors.

2. Manakete don't fight without their stones, Fates notwithstanding (in Fates case, there's a plot-driven reason why they don't stay in said form i.e. they'll lose their sanity). Given how fan service-y Warriors is, it's unlikely they would have Tiki in of her humanoid form outside of cutscenes.

Golnei

Hard to believe they ignored Armor units entirely

I thought they were still appearing?

Character-wise, Great Knights have the trait of mounting a horse while armored. I think a lot of people would think Frederick fits with the Silver Lance, but it was a class that could use three weapon types [in the original game]. And since we also have the non-mounted and armored Knight that will use a spear, Great Knights shall end up appearing with an axe.

The only reason I want Tiki to be shown is because she's a dragon. I want to fight as a dragon. Hell if I got to pick the dragon girl
For this game I would choose Myrrh because she's terrifying.

vareon

They don't strike me as a particularly big challenge, as Sega has a nice relationship with K-T due to DOA5.

If he meant Itsuki and Oribe, I think the ownership wouldn't bee to much of a problem, but it's a matter of will they? TMS is an underperforming entry (for a game that is so damn good) in a popular series where people are asking for their more popular characters to be in.

Dragoshi1

So was Anna ever officially announced as a playable?

Because right before they showed off the new Pegasus rider, they showed an image of the roster, and anna was on the very left.

If he meant Itsuki and Oribe, I think the ownership wouldn't bee to much of a problem, but it's a matter of will they? TMS is an underperforming entry (for a game that is so damn good) in a popular series where people are asking for their more popular characters to be in.
Yep those two!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
In another time I would have been ripped apart by Fire Emblem fans if I made that comment haha!
Funnily enough except for a few ignorant comments on YouTube and gag and such, that has chilled down a lot when everybody found out it was a great game with a lot of charm and one of the few jrpgs that have gone is and manages to look good instead of looking like e ps2 game in HD

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Also what I find interesting is that tiki's VA is clearly different from the one in TMS, I thought Japan likes to keep their seiyus super consistent, what's up with that

Funnily enough except for a few ignorant comments on YouTube and gag and such, that has chilled down a lot when everybody found out it was a great game with a lot of charm and one of the few jrpgs that have gone is and manages to look good instead of looking like e ps2 game in HD
I thank the heavens that the game got a great reception! Even though the reveal was something that almost no one expected, it was still an awesome game!

Though it was hilarious watching everyone go ballistic when Super Saiyan Blue
Marth/Itsuki
appeared and he and the party sang FIAA EMBUREM.
I'd pay with my soul for TMS sequel with more characters from different games.

Likewise, I hope FEW sells well enough that the sequel would include much more characters from the other games. But the Musou curse...
I really want a sequel too! That game was a blast! Give me a Switch port please!

Draxal

Oh, right. Well, Navarre doesn't have an Inspector Gadget arm, either.

Gameplay video of both Caeda and Tiki in action.

Tiki looks like fun with her moves and her dragon form.

As pointed out by Josephl64

Her musou refers to her Fe3 art.

Caeda_FE3_Artwork.png

Top Bottom