• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathon Blow: PS4 Games Were Running on Dev Kits, Not High-End PCs

Wasn't that a final prophecy/rumor? That we'll see the games at E3 for MS turn for the worse visually when it's actually running on the console hardware itself?

Some gaf insiders have said as much, they also said MS is behind schedule so this could also be a result of devs not having enough time with the devkit/XBone

eastmen

Banned
Sorry for the double post. This is very possible as well and could very well be the case, but still why not show your game running on a dev kit?

Now you have this news coming out and hitting sites and forums giving the mentality that you're really not all that ready to show your games. Not to mention that you're game won't be that impressive come launch.

If its non exclusive it could simply mean the pc verison is further along.
It could also mean that the developer didn't have enough xbox ones to bring them all to the show.

I'm not sure why we are still listening to blow. He isn't subjective he is just out to bash ms as much as possible. I wouldn't take his word on anything at this point.

DBT85

Rushy form Evolution

XSUEUdd.png

Darte

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if MS announced a delay from November....or we have a nice show premiering at launch!

Was it 100% confirmed that The Division was running on a PS4 devkit, not "a PC with equivalent specs" or whatever bullshit? That was maybe the only footage I saw that really screamed "next-gen visuals" to me.

Ding-Ding

Is it just me, or is it everytime MS serve up another shitstorm, the 1st line of defence from its toy soldiers is "well Sony must be doing the same"

Fehyd

Banned
What he siad makes me wonder if PS4 will be out before Xbox 1. Maybe we will see PS4 in late October?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just verifying what the initial stock levels will be before they go in for the killing blow like that.

Judging by the large allocations that some stores are getting for preorders, its entirely likely.

What he siad makes me wonder if PS4 will be out before Xbox 1. Maybe we will see PS4 in late October?

we'll probably find out IF

when japan get their system announced and price

they COULD go for a world wide release if there's enough systems to go around

and we get a specific release date.

FranXico

A thing to remember about Tiny Brains is that it is PC/PS3/PS4 and possibly 360 if they find a publisher. Not an exclusive title, where as the XBOne stuff is.

They weren't trying to pass it off as a PS4 version. It was the PC version showing what it would play like with PS4 controllers.

I would imagine big publishers such as EA doing the same for cross platform games then.

FuturusX

If this were a prize fight, the first few opening rounds have been devastating for MS.

Sometimes you have lose a great deal to remember who you are. This is a different Sony. A Sony whom I suspect MS did not anticipate would rise so focused from the ashes.

MS has been flailing from the punches since February. Outwardly they seem in disarray, I can only imagine the struggle internally.

The plan was to side step Sony and take the fight to Apple and Google, but you don't get to fight a champion until you beat the guy right in front of you.

dyergram

I definitely remember similar stories about the xbox360, I guess it makes sense that out of two unfinished consoles one would be further along. Secret sauce ain't easy to make yo!

There has been "corporate dickishness" for years. It cant be a coincidence that he has just started railing on everything MS ever since his reveal with Sony.

I know he has talked about his problems with them over how XBLA was handled but now its like he is firing on all cylinders on everything.
Corporate dickishness in the gaming realm where one console maker tries to fuck over gamer's rights completely? No.

Haunted

Boyes said they had some PS4s with working innards running at E3, but I'm not sure if that statement included devkits or not.

It's funny, his quotes always seem so firey, but he was on the Bombcast the other night, and was pretty balanced and calm.
Blow needs some space to properly articulate everything that's going on in his head, twitter's shitty character restriction is his natural enemy (and the natural enemy of intelligent discourse and in-depth discussion in general). It's easy to see how he would come across as brash and heated even though people who've seen his in-person interviews know that he's different when given more time and space.

Top Bottom