• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ASCII Attack -- MB-E92C9A52A5C78745 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Blue Estate The Game -- MB-E14CFB4BA9582120 - Taken by Last Baron. 9 entrants total.
Chicken Assassin Master of Humiliation -- MB-A7D881CA13638B6E - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Dark Fear -- MB-976C5AD572F7C6AE - Taken by voodooray. 7 entrants total.
Electric Circuit -- MB-C5522BA8D917ED78 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
Freaking Meatbags -- MB-C5746FF68387DB64 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Gryphon Knight Epic -- MB-4EC1FD25EC160EB4 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Haunted Past Realm of Ghosts -- MB-0E0452CCC720296B
Highway to the Moon -- MB-7842763C2E70BA5E
Home is Where One Starts -- MB-7FFD09C73FA7789F - Taken by NeoRaider. 4 entrants total.
House of 1000 Doors The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition -- MB-1E55BBA278C54727
In Celebration of Violence -- MB-7A76FD17EBEFE988 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Into The Gloom -- MB-F9C3F7019C10122D - Taken by Orgen. 2 entrants total.
Just Bones -- MB-CC4F546C0011166F - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Lavapools -- MB-8AA522369968A876 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Massive Cleavage vs Zombies Awesome Edition -- MB-A1EF607555C578D1 - Taken by almostheathen. 3 entrants total.
My Pet Rock -- MB-73774ABDDAC9F6B6
NeXus One Core -- MB-533CE1100DE3366F - Taken by enbred. 1 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-8C684A4F85E2D5CE - Taken by PaulSane. 3 entrants total.
Odysseus Long Way Home -- MB-48DCB5B6A3A1877E
Onikira Demon Killer -- MB-569F701C24A3FE24 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Pitiri 1977 -- MB-E91EB89310FD43FE - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Princess Isabella -- MB-41A01961091E05CE - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
Princess Isabella Return of the Curse -- MB-768F213708A3A64A - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny -- MB-4CF66927EB0F8334 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny For the Gods DLC -- MB-37CC1238F8DA2A0A
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-6B5EEC407C5D5315 - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.
Settled -- MB-CC501804A19AD53E - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Slap the Fly -- MB-49D0FCF63F356AA8 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 1 entrants total.
Spaera -- MB-496D81367A1FBD76 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Spirits of Xanadu -- MB-ED9C4279F52428CF - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
The Emerald Maiden Symphony of Dreams -- MB-B7B2A5702265A422 - Taken by zebez. 3 entrants total.
The Shadowland -- MB-A5DE1FEC6940E35B - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
The Travels of Marco Polo -- MB-A7202B4B839B7575 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Timber! The Logging Experts -- MB-176CFFA72C1D16B1 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Wrack -- MB-8CF88DDF1791EDA6 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
hack run -- MB-44EBAD0187540067
strategy & Tactics Wargame Collection -- MB-0082758A80333556 - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Trapped Dead Lockdown -- MB-76673167210BF110 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.

t1488333303z1.png

Ascheroth

Man i am somgiddy for thenfact that at least falcommgames are releasing om steam this year x3
Oh yes. Already the bestest of gaming years, and it's only getting started.
---
Man, Gelaldy is brutal. But I'll have him soon™, I'm already reliably bringing him down to 1/5th of his health.
I love how this fight feels completely different on Nightmare compared to Normal, despite him having the same moveset.
But since you have wiggle room in terms of mistakes, it's not possible to semi brute-force him, and proper hammer usage is essential.
So good.

For info, I think we have managed to achieve this.

Right now:
- game names are clickable and linked to their Steam store page

beShhyY.png

- Modbot codes are left-clickable and the private message is auto-filled (but not the title)

rEDk1js.png

Wait WHAT?! You actually made it. Sweet!

This is great! Thank the internetgods!
(and also Pete, Wok and everybody involved in this lifechanging script!)

Hopefully some good humble monthly games in a few days here. Always curious as to what the next month's flagship title will be though. Kinda hoping for Hyper Light Drifter maybe.

Related (and no one answered me in the February thread):

Should Steam itself have a premium bundle/subscription service of some sort? Seems like it could be a likely next step for the service, given the success of humble and now the introduction of the Xbox Game Pass (to name a few).

Or would it been seen too much as playing favorites/Valve wouldn't have employees that want to manage it?

Nabs

This is just my personal opinion of Unravel: It's very pretty. It's just not that great of a platformer. It doesn't do a lot new after the first hour of so.

Isn't it the same?

The Debut is usually a game that launches on Steam that day. Husk was the last Debut, with Oh, Deer! as the Original.

zkylon

zkylewd
well my torment download got corrupted, so i'm uninstalling it

that never happened to me before, so it must be a sign

age of decadence and tyranny first, got it

Extras (pretty sure thats not the right version of terra incognita):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Space Dash -- MB-EE468D16919195B4 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 2 entrants total.
Terra Incognita -- MB-B86308383E45F162 - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.

t1488324108z1.png

Battlechili

Banned
probably because those were the only noteworthy games out this month... some indie games and a re-has of a fighting game that came out years ago on consoles, this is why PC gaming is struggling against competition like console and mobile gaming.
Senran Kagura Estival Versus tho. Also Toukiden 2 and Operation Abyss. Nier Automata possibly.
and Monster Monpiece
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (unless they block sales in Japan because reasons).
Spike Chunsoft has been on a role as far as releasing their PC ports to Japan as well as the West, thankfully, so that shouldn't be an issue.

This is just my personal opinion of Unravel: It's very pretty. It's just not that great of a platformer. It doesn't do a lot new after the first hour of so.

Same. It's a....nice game. I enjoyed my time with it, but it's nothing earth-shattering. Great visuals and music to be fair.

Platy

Talking about the nintendo direct...
Do people know the situation of Runner 3? I need to know whether i will be able to get it on pc :/

Seems to be one of the few true exclusives of the direct....

Everything else has either exclusive content or exclusive timing or console exclusive

Tellaerin

Alright, posting it here agian lol

i wrote a short, spoilerfree impression in the OT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231054924&postcount=3306

The TL;DR is that i was a bit disappointed, not because the game didn't lived up to my expectations, but rather because i had the wrong expectations for it, as in, i expected it to much to be NieR 2, rather than NieR: Automata

The game is definitely great 'cept for the streaming related framedrops.

Would you say that it's approachable for people who haven't played the first NieR or any of the Drakengards? Or would someone new be put off if they tried to jump in cold? (I vaguely remember playing a demo disc of one of the Drakengards way back when, and that's about all I know about any of these games.)

Genki

Seems to be one of the few true exclusives of the direct....

Everything else has either exclusive content or exclusive timing or console exclusive

Considering its prequel was released for at least 9 platforms I find that hard to believe. I think it's more likely that it has a longer exclusive window and then an updated version comes out for other platforms a year later.

Hektor

Would you say that it's approachable for people who haven't played the first NieR or any of the Drakengards? Or would someone new be put off if they tried to jump in cold? (I vaguely remember playing a demo disc of one of the Drakengards way back when, and that's about all I know about any of these games.)

You don't gotta worry about anything.

There are some plot points being picked up from the original Nier thatwon't tell you much, but the main story does not require you to know anything other what the game is telling you.

Tonton

Interested in replaying 999 with voice acting but I already paid full price for VLR on 3DS and didn't quite like it so i'm waiting for a sale on The Nonary Games

Platy

Considering its prequel was released for at least 9 platforms I find that hard to believe. I think it's more likely that it has a longer exclusive window and then an updated version comes out for other platforms a year later.

Well the original games did took some time to be released elsewhere

tt7n4

Neo Member
Lots of new games. But i need to clean my backlog.I hope i can finish Portal 2, HL2 and Rise of the tomb raider this month.

Hektor

It's in the middle of the night, i just started Stories Untold and immediately one of my lightbulbs dies. Most immersive horror game i'v ever played 11/10

MUnited83

For you.

(no idea if this is good or not, just posting because of the nostalgia i felt remembering the browser version I played when I was like 13 lol.

JustinBB7

Had no idea Nier was coming to Steam until I read something about it here, kept seeing that girl from it posted here and there but always thought it would be a PS4 only game. Started to look at some trailers and damn, looks like a cool game. But they're being annoying with the PC release I read, it's still semi confirmed for soon right?

Battlechili

Banned
Had no idea Nier was coming to Steam until I read something about it here, kept seeing that girl from it posted here and there but always thought it would be a PS4 only game. Started to look at some trailers and damn, looks like a cool game. But they're being annoying with the PC release I read, it's still semi confirmed for soon right?
It may or may not be coming out March 10. Otherwise, the release date for the PC version is simply "Early 2017"

Will be a quieter month for me, before the thunder re-arrives in April and beyond.

*tucks into Numenera*

from the old thread said:
I vote for a couple of months without making ambiguously titled threads about mobile spin-offs of popular franchises :p

You monster, he'd DIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom