• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

L6lowMc.png

I guess that must be the expression of every fate gaffer reading my posts haha. Oh hey red haired guy is back...and his sweater...

KMRiku

Neo Member
If you are already planing to play the VN anyway, I would recommend to start with that. Specially because Fate/Zero spoils many major points of Heaven's Feels (the final route of the VN) and you are actually supposed to read/watch Zero after Heaven's Feels (which is kinda unfortunate for anime-only viewers). In the case you want to stick only with the anime, then Zero->UBW works better because the UBW 2015 anime was basically done as a sequel to Zero anyway.

Quonny

I did Zero -> UBW and enjoyed it. Helps that I knew people who talked about Fate a lot so I was already somewhat knowledgeable on the whole thing even if when they talked about it 90% of it went over my head.

Dandte

Good lord even saber is confused why emiya is named emiya, also saber has more bloodlust/persistency than a t2000....

Looks like fate really doesn‘t have „that one way to enjoy“. Maybe i should read the vn first.

Edit: well...now it‘s settled i will keep with my initial enjoy. I hope you won‘t get annoyed by my confusion posts from time to time.

Also..god damn when does my fifth copy of halloween princess drop, my saber altria pentragon needs it.

T-Rex.

Banned
Good lord even saber is confused why emiya is named emiya, also saber has more bloodlust than a t2000....

Looks like fate really doesn‘t have „that one way to enjoy“. Maybe i should read the vn first.

Edit: well...now it‘s settled i will keep with my initial enjoy. I hope you won‘t get annoyed by my confusion posts from time to time.

Also..god damn when does my fifth copy of halloween princess drop, my saber altria pentragon needs it.
Keep posting! I like reaction posts :p

Articalys

I feel like Fate has always been a very difficult beast to adapt due to the nature of the series.

The original game had three entirely separate routes and stories that were only able to be completed in a specific order, each intentionally building on the last, with no unified "true ending" like other visual novels. Then there's a prequel novel which has to juggle the fact that its story can lead into any of the aforementioned routes, meaning that resolutions to certain plot threads become mutually exclusive. This results in the prequel novel necessarily being a spoiler for certain elements of the three FSN routes.

(And I still have no idea where hollow ataraxia fits into things aside from worldbuilding that got used in later parts of the franchise.)

Dandte

Wait wait wait....berseker gets sliced in half, archer has a nuke in his inventory and i‘m now 4 ep. in and not a single lewd moment?

Am i watching the right anime? Last time i saw berserker he had to do some errands and get batterys. Also the last ep. reminded me what i dislike about anime...mouth placement.

Baalzebup

Wait wait wait....berseker gets sliced in half, archer has a nuke in his inventory and i‘m now 4 ep. in and not a single lewd moment?

Am i watching the right anime? Last time i saw berserker he had to do some errands and get batterys. Also the last ep. reminded me what i dislike about anime...mouth placement.
You haven't seen any Fate/ before but you've watched Carnival Phantasm?

Dandte

You haven't seen any Fate/ before but you've watched Carnival Phantasm?

Only that one clip and i‘m fully aware that is a comic relief spin off 😋

Okay, i‘m calling it know. Archer is some sort of reincarnation of emiya since servants can be Heros from the past and present and his dream is to be a warrior for justice, plus he is super good ar kyudo.

Also...calling rin fat? Rookie mistake emiya. And i can definitively see the vn behind it.

So far rin is best girl and afterwards Mitsuzuri.

Shinypogs

I should actually watch/read/play the series at some point instead of just skimming wiki articles.

Last night I discovered the joy of juggling tamamo's np with Jeanne's from a friend. Things died slowly but there was no way in hell the enemy was out damaging the amount of healing available. Not a setup I'd run regularly but I can see how it would be really helpful in some boss fights.

I think one of my favourite things about this game is just how many different ways you can set up teams and how adding or subtracting one character can alter the team dynamic and playable drastically.

As a side note francis drake needs to stop stealing crit stars from Emiya.

Francis Drake is awfully nice in the story for supposedly being Chaotic Evil, but w/e

A chaotic evil character tends to have no respect for rules, other people's lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have much regard for the lives or freedom of other people. Chaotic evil characters do not work well in groups because they resent being given orders and do not usually behave themselves unless there is no alternative.

Piracy is pretty much murder and theft. The only difference is that Drake isn't needlessly cruel. It's really not that far off.

chrono01

I guess I'll need to take my F/GO talk to Discord, considering all of the things happening with NeoGAF. It's okay guys/gals, this isn't the end of our talks!

chrono01

Nice to be back amongst you people! It felt like a century.

Also, I got my Halloween Princess CE drop in the absence, so good times.

Grazzt

Good to be back.
How’s everyone doing?
Nice to be back amongst you people! It felt like a century.

Also, I got my Halloween Princess CE drop in the absence, so good times.
Got mine from the new party quest on first try. And I have bought all mats in store except latterns, fangs and bones. Working on those.
Basically I’m pretty much graduated from this event

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
If you guys moved to a Discord, I'd like to know too. Should probably not post a link in public, of course, but yeah, I'd like to continue to talk to you dudes.

chrono01

Got mine from the new party quest on first try. And I have bought all mats in store except latterns, fangs and bones. Working on those.
Basically I’m pretty much graduated from this event
Nice!

I have all copies of Elizabeth, one Twinkle Candy, and all of the 5* CE. I just need a few more pumpkin for the remaining candy, the crystallized lore, and then...well, that's all of the really pressing stuff. Any extra will be a bonus.

If you guys moved to a Discord, I'd like to know too. Should probably not post a link in public, of course, but yeah, I'd like to continue to talk to you dudes.
If there's a Discord channel, I would very much like to be a part of it.

sensui-tomo

Nice!

I have all copies of Elizabeth, one Twinkle Candy, and all of the 5* CE. I just need a few more pumpkin for the remaining candy, the crystallized lore, and then...well, that's all of the really pressing stuff. Any extra will be a bonus.

If there's a Discord channel, I would very much like to be a part of it.

PM kayos

No CE for me, but I'm doing well on drops. Hoping to have enough AP near the end to grind for it.

This reminds of how I was playing Halloween 2017 (JP) and it was 3 days before end. Then I got the event Card to drop needed for maxing... and damn lost due to bad RNG results (straights for 2 turns >_>). I ended up using a quartz to revive my team since I didn't have 3 reiju at the time and didn't think I'll get it to drop again.

Then on the last day while doing a last run farming... I got two extra cards. >___>

Grazzt

What's the best mission to farm for bats and CE?

I have yet to get a CE as a drop from the halloween event...
Current party quest is the best place for the CE. Just kill Atlante and check the drop. If it’s not the CE, then withdraw and repeat. But I recommend doing this on the last day of the event. At this moment just farm the 30 ap free quest, it drops bats as well as Halloween Princess.

Baalzebup

I've seen quite a few mentions about the lunatic party being the #1 option for the CE. Got a gold drop from Atalante for the first time and I had the bad info that it could only be the CE...naturally it was the Monument. About 15 runs since, still nada.

I'm in an okay situation in the farming game, cleared bats and only pieces and monuments left in pumpkins. I think I can afford trying for the CE quite a few times before the end, so I still have my hopes up.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've heard about people already spending hundreds of AP on Atalanta (or Atalante?) with nothing to show for it. I guess an abysmal drop rate multiplied by 2 or 3 is still abysmal.

Noll

Neo Member
Atalanta kill count #27

Number of CE dropped #0

Number of Troll Golden Chests turning Archer Monument #4

I will keep going! ;)

Pejo

Atalanta kill count #27

Number of CE dropped #0

I will keep going! ;)

Yea, I wasted 2 full AP bars on that trash, just doing the rest of the quests now, and after I have what I want, I'll go back if I didn't get lucky.

What a shitty drop rate.

Grazzt

Atalanta kill count #27

Number of CE dropped #0

I will keep going! ;)
You shouldn’t do it at this moment. Just farm 30 ap free quest for bats and candles. Leave this as the last resort

alpha69

not well versed with discord so how do I join? I remember making account there but it kinda didn't sit well with me so I just forgot about it eventually. I guess I'm just more used to forums

T-Rex.

Banned
Invites are closed right now (cos of servers getting raided etc), but Kayos should sort you guys out when he's up.

I don't think anyone else can atm.

I've finally gotten to the point where I need to farm candles and it feels a bit daunting. I'm done with pumpkins and bats, but 900 candles seems like so much...

RSchmitz

I'm actually good on candles. The Halloween Princess CE is what I'm worried about.
I'm saving an Atalanta quest for it, I'll probably burn some apples on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom