• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

scottnak

probably LTTP but I also have a BF slot open if anyone's interested. I always keep my Hypermaxed Nephthys in the 1st slot since I seem to have new players use her a lot, but in my main slot I have a hypermaxed Yomidra. I usually keep my max skilled Verdandi or A. Sakuya in the BF slot depending on who asks me.

Haha yes lets find a third

If donjezzy is interested, scott and i were looking for a third. I run gadius haku and lkali not hypermaxed but working on it, with a typhon in the wings and a ra probably going to be my main as soon as i awaken him

Scott says he runs w lkali sakuya urd ammy and verdandi

I'm up for it if you are don! Let us know :D

Bladelaw

Yeah shiva is best for you. Try shiva/ urd/ rowdy/ vaocao/ Christmas echidna/ shiva.

Rowdy for the turn 1 board pop if needed. Then sweep floor 2. Stall on floor 3 and then use caocao on floor 4 pop a shiva and it will burst the green trifruits and maybe the red. Pop urd and shiva and kill.
That worked perfectly. Thanks all for the advice. 2 clears 1 red dragon fruit no baby tamas.

Rixa

Here is my team:

Thor / DQ / Apoc / Raphael / flex / Saria

13 rows not including the flex spot, 2 board changers, and immunity. For now, I go with Ammy, Venus, or Valk in the flex spot. If I ever pick up Apollo, he'd be slotted in permanently.

The team is fun to play. Think of it as a modern version of the classic 2/4/2 teams.
Wut o_O.
So I have core team + Kanna as flex. One of my BF has Thor in the works, I need to test when all are max leveled.
Screenshot_2016-01-28-21-05-15.png
Skill levels: Saria 5 / DQ max / Apoc 1 / Raph 1 / Kanna 1

For the flex spot I could also toss ABSakuya or LKali. Also got Fuma Kotaro & max skilled Angelion tho then I lose 100% sbr.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I almost hate you, earlier I did one yolo and it was that WDS... Prolly pulling once when GF hits or I dunno.
Max skilled A.Lakshmi and my A.Orochi is now skill level 3 (2 to go). Too bad that getting BadPys isnt so easy as getting BubPys.
xD

But thats also means that i only have one pull left for the next Godfest, but cant have it all - im happy with GValk.

Congrats on max skill Lakshmi - it looks like the update next week will include her 39x buff which im looking forward to. Still have to evolve mine...havent gotten around to farm and level a dupe Siegfried yet, everything else is in place.

Wut o_O.
So I have core team + Kanna as flex. One of my BF has Thor in the works, I need to test when all are max leveled.

For the flex spot I could also toss ABSakuya or LKali. Also got Fuma Kotaro & max skilled Angelion tho then I lose 100% sbr.

Working on a similar squad with Thor as a lead - more or less ready but just not committed enough to max skill him yet. But if you need A.Thor to try out your squad shoot me a message.

Rixa

xD

But thats also means that i only have one pull left for the next Godfest, but cant have it all - im happy with GValk.

Congrats on max skill Lakshmi - it looks like the update next week will include her 39x buff which im looking forward to. Still have to evolve mine...havent gotten around to farm and level a dupe Siegfried yet, everything else is in place.

Working on a similar squad with Thor as a lead - more or less ready but just not committed enough to max skill him yet. But if you need A.Thor to try out your squad shoot me a message.
Thanks, thanks :). Prolly need to uevo Raphael before I try anything with that team so "not yet". I have stones for one pull ;).
Decided to try Volsung, went to dungeon and was shocked "That_Oh_shit_moment" my cards start from level 1. Yeah died to Hera-Is -100% hp skill. Fucker dungeon is fucker dungeon.

Made my revenge, first try in Aegir dungeon (I still need to do Legend difficulty).

hermit7

Thanks, thanks :). Prolly need to uevo Raphael before I try anything with that team so "not yet". I have stones for one pull ;).
Decided to try Volsung, went to dungeon and was shocked "That_Oh_shit_moment" my cards start from level 1. Yeah died to Hera-Is -100% hp skill. Fucker dungeon is fucker dungeon.

Made my revenge, first try in Aegir dungeon (I still need to do Legend difficulty).

I have Thor up sometimes. Max skilled but not plussed. If you need him let me know. I can probably shift him to the BFF slot actually and move out Bastet. Shiva is slot one.

Lyrian

Reddit is reporting that 8.6 patch notes are up for the Korea server.

Of specific note, multiplayer is live, and 3 minute stamina is in.

Also, the Steel Star GFEs (Eschamali, Scheat, Australis) are featured in the weekend end-of-month Godfest there. (PADX is also reporting translation updates on these care this morning for the NA server)

Awful quick for 3 min stamina to reach the other servers? (Not that I'm complaining in the slightest about that. It might make running 50 stamina dungeons using natural stamina actually tolerable.)

tfw the ranking dungeon percentile on your smurf is like four tiers higher than your main account

Although to be fair I ran it blind with my main account and I've been thinking how to minmax the subs they force on you.

J0dy77

Wut o_O.

The biggest thing with the Thor/Saria teams is having the team Hypermaxed or at least all 297. You have to be able to hit certain HP, RCV and damage thresholds to be able to get through the really tough content.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was just about to ask if PADZ monsters were worth it at all.

Then I saw this hilarious video: lolresist

So no, not super useful I don't think. But worth having them, yeah?

Kyuur

I was just about to ask if PADZ monsters were worth it at all.

Then I saw this hilarious video: lolresist

So no, not super useful I don't think. But worth having them, yeah?

Yeah, the resist dragons have the above use, and Dragon Shogun has a spot in Hel / Linthia teams. Cursed Wyrm is probably the most solid non-niche unit, but outclassed by DMeta. The rest suck.

scottnak

If you guys still have LINE you can always message me there if you want me to rotate someone out.

Urd is there by default only cause my coworker pulled one to start... and helping him out to get to a point where we can actually co-op (super stoked for that)

coy

Wut o_O.

What I like about this setup is the burst capability. With Valk (or better yet Apollo) in the final slot, you have the ability to create 2 dual-orb boards with tons of light: Apoc -> DQ and Saria -> Valk/Apollo. While an overabundance of light is possible, the damage potential outweighs that concern or just use the board change without the additional orb converter. Add to this Thor's damage boost for higher HP bosses. You also have 3 actives with Haste, a heartmaker in DQ, and tons of HP for a bulky team. It's a fun team that can accomplish a lot. There is lots of flexibility with subs as well so don't think you are stuck with just these monsters.

Heh, so somehow this was the only rush I beat on my first try in this challenge set.

First time beating it too. Glad I got that out of the way. Now I can focus on the coin rushes and the next challenge set.

yami4ct

I didn't realize they moved Kali Skill Ups back to Lits on the JP side. I thought we were stuck with Queen Metals.

Desire sensor is ridiculous. I have 2 L. Kalis to Skillup and 1 Santa Kali. Fed 5 of their skill up lits to 1 of the L. Kalis and the Santa Kali. L. Kali didn't get a single skillup, while Santa got 4. I don't even have too many uses for Santa outside of all attribute required dungeons.

I did Yamato rush!

Thanks for all the help in here!

Final team was

A Sakuya (+207, 1-max skill, max awoken), /awoken hades (max skill, max awoken)/ h, Kali (max skill/awoken)/ awoken susano (max skill/awoken)/ultimate sun quan (max skill/awoken, the one with the extra awakenings) /paired the hyper a Sakuya.

Got tengu first, burned down.
Then LIza (absorbed skill bind) burned
Kaguya (burned down to bind) -tanked until binds released & burned
Wadatsumi (1-shot)
Kagasuchi - tanked two turns then sun quan, set up board, two weak 25x to get to 65%, Kagu did binds, used susano, 1 Sakuya and killed.
Goemon - susano needed to tank first strike, used hades and attacked with weak 25x. Got to ~65%. Used A Sakuya to clear binds and death (mini Grav put him under 50%).

That was incredibly stressful. And a ton of stamina wasted. Now I've got to do Hera rush.

Rixa

I have Thor up sometimes. Max skilled but not plussed. If you need him let me know. I can probably shift him to the BFF slot actually and move out Bastet. Shiva is slot one.

Same to you, if you need my Saria I can swap it to slot. Wont be up all the time tho and as I said, long project.

The biggest thing with the Thor/Saria teams is having the team Hypermaxed or at least all 297. You have to be able to hit certain HP, RCV and damage thresholds to be able to get through the really tough content.

What I like about this setup is the burst capability. With Valk (or better yet Apollo) in the final slot, you have the ability to create 2 dual-orb boards with tons of light: Apoc -> DQ and Saria -> Valk/Apollo. While an overabundance of light is possible, the damage potential outweighs that concern or just use the board change without the additional orb converter. Add to this Thor's damage boost for higher HP bosses. You also have 3 actives with Haste, a heartmaker in DQ, and tons of HP for a bulky team. It's a fun team that can accomplish a lot. There is lots of flexibility with subs as well so don't think you are stuck with just these monsters.

Thank you both for the info.

wow don't try to run descendeds while drunk

I've done SO much PAD while drunk. <3

^^ Dont drink when its God Fest. "Must resist" sensor is missing then.

hermit7

Sonia ults are out, Loki and Belial is as well.

Evoed my blue Sonia but didn't think that I needed extra dark orbs so Loki will need to wait a little while.

Don't have the mats for Zeus anyways so I will pick up heimdall tomorrow and work on it over the next week or so. Honestly do t need it until a. Luci comes considering piis are going to yomi dragon and a. Luci afterwards.

yami4ct

Skilling up L. Kali sucks. My team is just unstable enough at clearing TwinLit to make it annoying as shit. Maybe I should skill up Ra and stick him in there for the free floor clear. Putting my max Skilled R. Kali in there has helped and every L. Kali SU helps as well, but it was slow going. Took 10 stones for 5 R. Kali and 1 L. Kali SU.

jay23

I really can't tell if constellation series 1 and 2 are any good. A lot of new monsters they've been unveiling have something to do with jammers. Is this the new meta in JP?

I'm expecting something like the juggler but with jammers to be added next.

Skilling up L. Kali sucks. My team is just unstable enough at clearing TwinLit to make it annoying as shit. Maybe I should skill up Ra and stick him in there for the free floor clear. Putting my max Skilled R. Kali in there has helped and every L. Kali SU helps as well, but it was slow going. Took 10 stones for 5 R. Kali and 1 L. Kali SU.

What team are you using?

I use ra/2xlkali/Lilith/isis/ra (isis is only there to cover blue/green)

Flr1: Ra
Flr2: Lilith
Flr3: Ra
Flr4: kali(make 1 light tpa if u can)

As long as u have max skilled Lilith and max skilled ra friend u can skip the first 3 floors. Just make sure you have enough skill boost.

razterik

Constellation 1 is good. They can fill in a lot of spots with their board fix orb change and double skill bind resist awakenings. As leaders, they're mostly Arena 1 capable, although the light and especially dark suffer bad resist match ups. JP just buffed their resist level to 30% vs four colors, roughly a 50% reduction with leader pair. Take along a Norse and/or RBG MP marionette for maximum effectiveness.

Constellation 2 is too new to say, and the jammer meta doesn't seem to be there yet. Probably going to see changes or buffs in the future unless dungeon design begins to accommodate them.

yami4ct

I really can't tell if constellation series 1 and 2 are any good. A lot of new monsters they've been unveiling have something to do with jammers. Is this the new meta in JP?

I'm expecting something like the juggler but with jammers to be added next.

What team are you using?

I use ra/2xlkali/Lilith/isis/ra (isis is only there to cover blue/green)

Flr1: Ra
Flr2: Lilith
Flr3: Ra
Flr4: kali(make 1 light tpa if u can)

As long as u have max skilled Lilith and max skilled ra friend u can skip the first 3 floors. Just make sure you have enough skill boost.

I haven't built a special team so I've been running my standard

Sakuya/R Kali/L Kali/A Susano/Verche/Sakuya.

I have 2 L. Kalis, but I threw in the R because she's already max skilled. I absolutely should throw in a poison or true damage like Ra.

Ahahaha! Did you waste any stones?? It's amazing how focused I need to be to play PAD...

And also how nervous I can get when I'm trying to pull a big move. Damn near get the shakes!
Naw I just try to set up combos that don't actually exist. Still got that non-IAP discipline going

jiggle

DAY 1: 31/1 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (UTC)

DAY 2: 1/2 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (UTC)

Come get your Eschamali!
Day 2 for me
saw a few of the samurais and angels on JP tier list
and don't want odins or dragon callers
But really
It's all about eschamali

God I hope I don't get anymore l.kali

Finished getting all the mats for awoken arched on Luci! Zues/Satan/two dark orbs/1 light orb. And two badpiis for skilling up once he drops.

Now he is a row enhance awakening team. Focus on Devils and gods. I know fast board changers with the rows is optimal, who else would be good subs? I had been think Akechi, Haku (d/d or awoken maybe both), flex.

That's really almost two flex spots, should I focus on Mats for awoken Loki? Would he be a good sub? Ronia with her 1 row but quick board change?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was suprised to see Ult Blonias on my friendlist - time to play around with HBlonia.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you run the 25 stamina or 50 stamina for dub mythlit?

i pretty much gave up on the 25 stamina one, would rather have 66% chance at getting a dub over 33% chance.

3x normals this weekend. Maybe try your luck in KoG?

I agree, worst case you get a baby tama.

I didn't even consider Mythical. My Pandora team just breezes through it, so that's what I'm going to start running. And that's a fair point - anything from the third floor is better than the shit that I usually get in the 25 stam version.

smbu2000

Well I finally got around to making the A.Sakuya on my main account. I was able to max skill her with only 15 light orbs as well. (I had a lot of them from when I was farming Kanetsugu awhile back.)

She doesn't have any plus eggs or anything, but I thought I'd try her out. Tried out Extreme Endless and died on DQ Hera's preemptive as my HP was high enough.

My team was A.Sakuya/LKali/LKali/Halloween Kali/Ragnarok Dragon. All 3 Kalis are hyper and RD is almost there. It's a bit strange using her as I'm used to going for all 5 colors with my A.Ra or any 4 colors/hearts with Vegito/Kite. I need to get used to getting all of her colors and going for other combos.
I was basically playing her like my A.Ra and trying to get all 5 colors...

I'm not sure if I'll try and plus egg her or use her, but it's always nice to have options.

I also bought that beginner pack for both of my accounts. I thought why not for the roll, 10 stones and 10k friend point for only 480 yen.
So I rolled on my iPhone and picked up Castor! Nice. I wanted him before and he is definitely usable on my Yomi Dragon team. I can also use him on my Eschamali or Levi teams since he is a God/Machine type.

I rolled on my iPad and picked up...Artemis (#3)... Hopefully those 10 stones translate into something useful in this upcoming GF.

Was suprised to see Ult Blonias on my friendlist - time to play around with HBlonia.
I had the mats, so I evod mine right away. Thinking about trying to put a team together, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I have a pretty solid start, with Amon and Mori Motonari and I guess blodin, but the team overall seems lackluster.

The biggest arguement against making it is that by the time I have it all put together, AFALuci will be here, which will immediately eclipse any Blonia team I can make.

Top Bottom