• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
thetrin said:
The writer for this review was fantastic. You don't really see good writing like this in game journalism often. It's written by a human, not a robot. It's stylish, it's smart, and has its own voice.

And for god's sakes, he used the words chutzpah and pastiche!

thats in the ign uk review?

liquidspeed said:
what is? Care to specify?

it just read as one of those people who are like "come on, it's awesome but lower your expectations" and all that jazz, I mean no fucking kidding it's a videogame, and it's going to be incredible but I don't think that anyone believes that when the game is released it will cure cancer.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
frAntic_Frog said:
hope this hasnt been posted yet.....
CVG's PSM online blog basically says DONT FALL FOR THE UNJUST HYPE OF MGS4 :lol

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189843&site=psm&skip=yes

W.O.W

did they just say largely LAST GEN experience? wtf...:lol

they want all those features in this game.....but how many years do they want this game to be in dev for?

im not exactly sure what these people were expecting from this game....but it
sounds like preemptive damage control for a low 9/10 score from PSM3/CVG lol

forget what they say, this game will be EPIC

Someone's cranky.

brandonh83 said:
That is the most epic amount of unnecessary damage control ever seen by mankind. :lol

While they're talking about bullshit, they might want to consider taking back the rumor they started about hour and a half cutscenes.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
zoukka said:
Spoilers?

The guy seems to have a grudge against the series and literally wants to put the series to rest (states it at the end). So I wouldn't touch anything in between with a 10ft pole

zoukka

BlueTsunami said:
The guy seems to have a grudge against the series and literally wants to put the series to rest (states it at the end). So I wouldn't touch anything in between with a 10ft pole

Thanks. I'm not upset about the score tho, just wanted to see what was his major gripes with the game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Why the hell did this idiot have the chance to play the game early when there are people far more deserving? Such a shame :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlueTsunami said:

From what I skimmed through... just seemed negative all around.

ElyrionX

This is nitpicking but the text in all of the OP's posts are truncated every couple of lines for me. It goes like this:

.....................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................

That would be one complete sentence. Is everyone else seeing it like this as well? It makes reading some of the lengthier posts quite a chore.

sinnergy

Don't you guys always so Eurogamer is spot on? So what's the problem now?

It's just someones opinion...

8 is still a great score imo.

Defcon

Banned
As excited as I am for MGS IV, I'm more apt to believe the 8 score than I am the 9.9 after the GTA review fiasco.

Mash

God dammit, this thread, THIS THREAD, is forcing me now go out and scrape enough money together to buy a PS3 solely for this game rather than keep borrowing other people's. I hope you're happy OP.

Lakitu

st5fu
Gbeav said:
"We love you, Snake. Don't come back."
:lol

That is what angered me the most. What a stupid line. But I usually don't read Eurogamer; one of the worst gaming sites out there I think.

sinnergy said:
Don't you guys always so Eurogamer is spot on?

No, there are people who like to kiss Eurogamers ass because of their constant attempts at humor while they rail against stuff. I'm not one of them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lakitu said:
That is what angered me the most. What a stupid line. But I usually don't read Eurogamer; one of the worst gaming sites out there I think.

It's almost like... they didn't even appreciate being able to play the game early...

So what were Eurogamers gripe with the game? Just skimming through the review I saw potential spoilerific sentences like 'half-way through the game', and 'during the second-act' so there is no way in hell I'm touching this review AT ALL.

Xtyle

sinnergy said:
Don't you guys always so Eurogamer is spot on? So what's the problem now?

It's just someones opinion...

8 is still a great score imo.

It is not a spot on when most are over 9! This sticks out like a sore thumb :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom