• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

How did you pull that off? You seem to continuously scam Amazon in some way or another. This is what will ruin E3 deals for everyone.
It's probably the double stack 30% or he's just really good dealing
(manipulating)
amazon's csr. All of his pre-ordered are always cheaper.

Easily picked up a GoW4 1tb at shoppers this morning for $389 and got the $100 gift card. Also had 15x points coupon so also got 43350 points (almost $85 worth). Probably better than any black Friday deal that will show up.

Proc

Grabbed at a copy of watchdogs 2 but they were sold out of bf1. I can wait on bf1 because I already have it on pc.

Fularu

Banned
How did you pull that off? You seem to continuously scam Amazon in some way or another. This is what will ruin E3 deals for everyone.
Double 30% off on the order which was a glitch last november I believe and affected two of my preorders (and quite the number of gaffers orders too).

So I can't really tell you how "I pulled that off" or how I continuously "scam" Amazon because I sure as hell don't know how to :)

Damax

Neo Member
Sucks hearing that people's FFXV Futureshop 30% orders are getting cancelled. I got this email from them yesterday on my 3 year old preorder:

On your recent visit to Bestbuy.ca you pre-ordered a Final Fantasy XV item. As a valued customer, we would like to show our appreciation with this Official Final Fantasy XV Mini Guide. The 21 pages in this guide are taken directly from Piggyback's guide to Final Fantasy XV.

We thank you for your loyalty to Best Buy and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

The Bestbuy.ca Team

Fularu

Banned
Sucks hearing that people's FFXV Futureshop 30% orders are getting cancelled. I got this email from them yesterday on my 3 year old preorder:

On your recent visit to Bestbuy.ca you pre-ordered a Final Fantasy XV item. As a valued customer, we would like to show our appreciation with this Official Final Fantasy XV Mini Guide. The 21 pages in this guide are taken directly from Piggyback's guide to Final Fantasy XV.

We thank you for your loyalty to Best Buy and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

The Bestbuy.ca Team
Wait on which ground are they canceling those orders? You should complain to Best Buy's customer service. While they have an awful website the reps are very helpful.

I've had them convert all my FS preorders to BB ones since changing the delivery address was impossible

For anyone else who pre-ordered Pokemon Sun and/or Moon, from Amazon.ca during this years E3 event, what did you end up paying? Mine ended up being $49.89 for Pokemon Sun and $39.99 for Pokemon Moon. I remember there being discussion about this. Did Pokemon Sun not also drop, temporarily, to $39.99? They also appeared to have messed up the 20% E3 discount, as it ended up being $1.90 total for the two of them. All of my other E3 purchases, that dropped in price after buying them, still ended up getting the proper 20% discount.

One other thing I just noticed; my 2nd and third shipments have been hit with shipping costs that has shown up on my CC payments. The first shipment was negated, and free. All items were shipped grouped together with free shipping option. Might want to check your invoices for shipping amounts if you have separate shipments,

my sun order dropped to $40

True Fire

For the Pokemon SM 20% off, Amazon lied about giving me a refund for the difference after the game shipped lol. It's bad enough that I didn't even get it on launch day.

Definitely reconsidering my other dozen preorders after this mess.

Fularu

Banned
For anyone else who pre-ordered Pokemon Sun and/or Moon, from Amazon.ca during this years E3 event, what did you end up paying? Mine ended up being $49.89 for Pokemon Sun and $39.99 for Pokemon Moon. I remember there being discussion about this. Did Pokemon Sun not also drop, temporarily, to $39.99? They also appeared to have messed up the 20% E3 discount, as it ended up being $1.90 total for the two of them. All of my other E3 purchases, that dropped in price after buying them, still ended up getting the proper 20% discount.

One other thing I just noticed; my 2nd and third shipments have been hit with shipping costs that has shown up on my CC payments. The first shipment was negated, and free. All items were shipped grouped together with free shipping option. Might want to check your invoices for shipping amounts if you have separate shipments,
Just contact them, it will be fixed. It's a known issue regarding this year's E3 preorders promotion.

Just say that your E3 preorder bonus wasn't applied and they'll refund you the difference.

For the Pokemon SM 20% off, Amazon lied about giving me a refund for the difference after the game shipped lol. It's bad enough that I didn't even get it on launch day.

Definitely reconsidering my other dozen preorders after this mess.
You have to contact them, it will be sorted out (but you may have to do it for most of your preorders which had the wrong amount deduced).

The problem probably came because of how Prime works and that's what they used for the E3 promotion (the behavior is the same as far as I can tell)

mf.luder

Easily picked up a GoW4 1tb at shoppers this morning for $389 and got the $100 gift card. Also had 15x points coupon so also got 43350 points (almost $85 worth). Probably better than any black Friday deal that will show up.

Do you have to apply the gift card to the purchase or can I save it?

BadHand

Wait on which ground are they canceling those orders? You should complain to Best Buy's customer service. While they have an awful website the reps are very helpful.

I've had them convert all my FS preorders to BB ones since changing the delivery address was impossible

They aren't cancelling orders afaik. One persons order was cancelled.

I got the same email about getting a mini guide with my order and nothing about my 2013 E3 FS being cancelled.

baconcow

Just a heads up for anyone with old Xbox Live credit that was convered to Microsoft money; it expires December 1, 2016. I just used some of my remaining $11.60 on Rare Replay ($9.90). Don't even have an Xbox One, yet, but it is better than losing it. Didn't even know I had remaining credit until the email was sent a short while ago.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just a heads up for anyone with old Xbox Live credit that was convered to Microsoft money; it expires December 1, 2016. I justed used some of my remaining $11.60 on Rare Replay ($9.90). Don't even have an Xbox One, yet, but it is better than losing it. Didn't even know I had remaining credit until the email was sent, a short while ago.

Tried finding something decent to buy on the Windows 10 store with my credit. Absolutely nothing. It's barren.

baconcow

Tried finding something decent to buy on the Windows 10 store with my credit. Absolutely nothing. It's barren.

I picked up Rare Replay either for when I get the Scorpio or if it eventually gets Xbox Play Anywhere (allowing play on Windows 10). 30 games (some major classics) for $9.90 is a killer deal.

^^ Just picked uo Oxenfree on Steam. Was hoping Below would come out in time.

Shoeless

oh hey persona 5 preorders is sold out on amazon.ca

I guess Atlas is still doing really small "print runs" on their physical discs. No big deal for me, I'm getting this digitally, but I remember how hard it used to be to track their PS2 games, like SMT III: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga.

Went to six Shoppers to find Watch Dogs 2. Four of them didn't stock video games and one of them was sold out. But finally I have a copy! Checked earlier on Amazon.ca and I could get to the cancellation form, so I try to cancel my Amazon order that still hasn't shipped yet.

Amazon won't cancel my order. Great. Time to talk to a CSR. I will eat the return shipping to Amazon if I have to; I'd rather SDM get my money at this point. Not totally Amazon's fault but if you can't even ship me a new release before it drops to the pre-order discount price elsewhere, what's the point?

EDIT: I contacted a CSR and they... cancelled the order. I'm not used to Amazon CSRs being helpful like this. This has shaken me to my core.

Quick

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone with old Xbox Live credit that was convered to Microsoft money; it expires December 1, 2016. I just used some of my remaining $11.60 on Rare Replay ($9.90). Don't even have an Xbox One, yet, but it is better than losing it. Didn't even know I had remaining credit until the email was sent a short while ago.

I received the same warning about a remaining promotional balance in my account. I have either exactly that same amount of money or close to it.

I don't own an Xbox and the Windows 10 Store's got nothing I want lol.

Man fuck these pre-Black Friday sales. Makes me feel like Canadian retailers are going to suck and save all the deals for Boxing Day.

I actually think it'll be the opposite. The last few years have seen Boxing Day sales that look suspiciously like warmed-over Black Friday leftovers. Of course, hard to know until we get there, and in any case there's probably no harm in waiting unless you see something that hits the price point you want.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I actually think it'll be the opposite. The last few years have seen Boxing Day sales that look suspiciously like warmed-over Black Friday leftovers. Of course, hard to know until we get there, and in any case there's probably no harm in waiting unless you see something that hits the price point you want.

Yea I wouldn't count on Boxing Day, I remember last year the deals paled in comparison to Black Friday.
I wonder if Canada will switch to Black Friday more for deals and just phase out Boxing Day?

BTails

I'd love Costco to drop a few hundred off the P-Series Vizio 4k for Black Friday... my wife wouldn't, but I would!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I thought the Vizio P series had bad input lag and not so great connections for gaming (4:4:4 for 4K)?

I hope the Nest goes on sale, $320 is a bit deep. $250 would be nice.

I don't think there will be e3 deals anymore since they now have prime discounts for pre-orders. :( I hope I'm wrong though!

Also, in case anyone was looking for them:

Nioh has been posted on amazon.ca for pre-order:

http://a.co/ek2kJZj

As well as Square Enix Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 & 1.5 Remix (PS4) for a surprisingly cheaper price than I thought it would be ($64.99):

http://a.co/apRpBqD

20% off if you have prime as well.

BTails

I thought the Vizio P series had bad input lag and not so great connections for gaming (4:4:4 for 4K)?

19ms for 4k with no HDR, 63ms with HDR, though they're aiming for 45ms with the next firmware update. The X800D has better lag, but is missing a bunch of features that the Vizio gives you (Local Dimming, better brightness, etc). Plus Vizio supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

etta

my hard graphic balls
19ms for 4k with no HDR, 63ms with HDR, though they're aiming for 45ms with the next firmware update. The X800D has better lag, but is missing a bunch of features that the Vizio gives you (Local Dimming, better brightness, etc). Plus Vizio supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Oh, hmmmmm. How much do the P series start at?
Full array is the next gen type of improvement over edgelit, so that's nice, but that 63/45 ms input lag is pretty bad, compared to Sony's 23.

whitehawk

Banned
I feel like unless you need a new 4K TV for the holidays, it's better to wait for CES and see what's in store. Worst case, older TVs drop in price as new ones come out.

BTails

Oh, hmmmmm. How much do the P series start at?
Full array is the next gen type of improvement over edgelit, so that's nice, but that 63/45 ms input lag is pretty bad, compared to Sony's 23.

$1,400 for the 50inch at Costco, which I believe is the lowest size. Would love to see it down to $1000 on Black friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom