• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things 2 - Final Trailer - airs on Netflix Oct. 27

Yep, that's correct. It could have been MUCH different.

Yeah that's what I thought. I really like they went with this direction with him instead as it was really unexpected and broke typical cliche's you see. I think most people fully expected Steve to remain a total jerk and for Nancy to end up with Jonathan

JoeBoy101

Based upon the production schedule of S1 and S2, yeah.....not looking good for S3 in 2018. If it does make 2018, it'll be like in December. Better bet would be March or so of 2019.

Curious to see if it's going to be 3 or 4 seasons (as they've said 4 tops). My bet is 4 seasons, with S3 in 2019 and S4 in 2020.

I think even if they wanted to do 3 seasons, Netflix would hold the Duffer Brothers' parents hostage to force Season 4.

I'm on board so long as its planned out well, and not a season for the sake of a season.

Solo

3 has already been confirmed. I'm betting soon after they see the S2 numbers, S4 will be confirmed too, as the final season.

Duffers had said 4-5 seasons after S1 aired, but in recent interviews they've pared that back to 3-4.

4 seems like the magic number.

3 has already been confirmed. I'm betting soon after they see the S2 numbers, S4 will be confirmed too, as the final season.

Duffers had said 4-5 seasons after S1 aired, but in recent interviews they've pared that back to 3-4.

4 seems like the magic number.

Awww yes!!

It looks so amazing! And if people didn't like Winona's over-the-top performance of season 1 (which I found totally believable for a fragile mother whose son goes missing), I don't think they're going to like her reactions to her son being catatonic and mentally stuck in the Upside Down.

DeviantBoi

TheOddOne

- Wired: Stranger Things' Creators On Season 2, Binge TV, and Foulmouted Kids.
There was another structural conversation that was happening in TV when the show started—between Fargo and American Horror Story, the anthology model was gathering heat. We even wondered if Stranger Things might have been better as that kind of show.

MATT: That’s how we conceived of it. It was right in that period where people in television were really into the idea ... and then were less interested. So we adapted. I think if we were a year earlier—

ROSS: —maybe it would have ended up as an anthology.

MATT: Now I’m really happy that it isn’t, because we found these kids that clicked. It would become a problem if we just continued to treat it like a TV show and just kept going for like seven seasons or something, but if we get out after four seasons or something, then I don’t think it’s going to feel that way.
What kinds of things are you pushing for?

MATT: It’s been much easier this year, but just getting profanity into the show was a big argument.

ROSS: When Netflix saw the first two episodes, they realized this is fine, it’s not going to turn off families—

MATT: —but first, we actually gave in and took out all of the bad language, and the kids got really upset. Then I wrote Netflix saying I’ve got this army of 11- and 12-year-olds and they’re pissed off that we cut all the language. At least let us shoot alternate takes. That was, like, the day before we started shooting. And then Netflix said OK.

ROSS: They’re much more foulmouthed in season two than in season one, but in real life it’s far worse. I’m like, I cannot believe that came out of your mouth.

Rootbeer

Banned
Eeeeeek.

Stranger Things 2 soundtrack popped up on Spotify. 34 tracks, pretty long!

Must resist... not listening till after I binge the show next Friday :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Someone on my Twitter feed is watching season 2 already, up to 3rd episode. How come?
I don't think it has leaked? People would be talking about it nonstop in the usual places.

Reviewer access?

Maybe they are watching S01 and you're mistaken?

scarlet

I don't think it has leaked? People would be talking about it nonstop in the usual places.

Reviewer access?

Maybe they are watching S01 and you're mistaken?

Nope, it said episode 1 madmax and he ended up watching 3 episodes and said it's all good.

Top Bottom