• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

t26

Lowly EU peasant here, may I suggest you videogameplus.ca? I order a lot on their site and never had a problem. Grabbed the LE that way :)
I live in France if that matters.

Please do not use your credit card on that site, paypal if you must order from them. Many of us suspected our CC number was stolen after using that site.

autoduelist

Fuck no, DRPGs don't stay good after so many hours.

As long as there is still lewt and skill progression, or, at least, challenge progression and nice complex maps, sure they do.

I'm... not so sure. A lot of the Vita fanbase still seems to be of the mindset "no physical = no buy".

Do you have a source or is this just your opinion. I like digital. And if digital is the only way were going to get something, then I'm even more happy they found a way to get it to us.

Just finished Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. It's far, far ahead of everything else I played this year as my GOTY for now.

I remember wanting it til I found out it was primarily a vn. I assume that's a true assessment of the game now that you played it?

Saphirax

As long as there is still lewt and skill progression, or, at least, challenge progression and nice complex maps, sure they do.

Do you have a source or is this just your opinion. I like digital. And if digital is the only way were going to get something, then I'm even more happy they found a way to get it to us.

I remember wanting it til I found out it was primarily a vn. I assume that's a true assessment of the game now that you played it?

70% VN, 30% srpg.

Newses. Steamworld Dig 2 devs on Vita support:

http://imageform.se/steamworld-dig-2-hits-switch-steam-and-ps4-soon-ish/

Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita are still important to us. We won’t talk more about portable versions today, but rest assured we have not forgotten where we came from.

Hollow Realization DLC is out soon:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/sword-ar...er-iii-one-opposes-god-launches-june-29-japan

And also Accel World:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accel-wo...world-version-2-00-update-launch-july-7-japan

Just an observation based on the bevvy of replies Koei-Tecmo used to get when they announced digital-only games. Judging by the fact that they've stopped bringing Vita stuff west now, I wonder if these people were putting their (lack of) money where their mouth was :p

incpdo

Newses. Steamworld Dig 2 devs on Vita support:

http://imageform.se/steamworld-dig-2-hits-switch-steam-and-ps4-soon-ish/

Hollow Realization DLC is out soon:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/sword-ar...er-iii-one-opposes-god-launches-june-29-japan

And also Accel World:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accel-wo...world-version-2-00-update-launch-july-7-japan

Just an observation based on the bevvy of replies Koei-Tecmo used to get when they announced digital-only games. Judging by the fact that they've stopped bringing Vita stuff west now, I wonder if these people were putting their (lack of) money where their mouth was :p
Would be great if we had a 3x1 steam world limited run games edition including the 2 steamworld dig and steamworld heist

Speaking of Tokyo Xanadu, what are the differences between the Vita and PS4 versions? I'm definitely getting the Vita version, but I have a preorder of the PS4 version with a nice discount, so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or if I should just cancel it.

http://www.falcom.com/txana_explus/info/ps4.html

60 friedchickens per second
New playable character (and spoilers:
Asuka's power up, IIRC, but for some reason it's not on the site
)
new Side Stories and After Story parts
New aragami/eidolon, new dungeon
Time Attack and Boss Rush modes
Character Viewer
Hi speed skip modes for events
skip X strike
New bikini DLC to spend your money on, no bikinis for guys

Only played the Vita version, but I highly recommend keeping the PS4 version if you don't like media where the entire thing is set up to suck the dick of the main character. At least it has new side stories that are told from not-MC.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Any chance of North America getting Metal Gear 1 and Blood Omen ps1 classic to ever work on Ps Vita?

Seems like Tokyo Xandu EU-Version will be delayed until 14.07:
https://twitter.com/2_Old_4_Gaming/status/879679520567111680

Base already got the new release date on their site:
https://www.base.com/buy/product/tokyo-xanadu-ps-vita/dgc-tokxpsv.htm

Aksys are friggin' awful with Europe. I can't believe I got excited when I first found out they'd announced plans to expand over here.

Oh well.

Worst part is I've already been charged for this game but could've done with the money, if it ends up slipping beyond the 20th (payday) I'll be pretty miffed.

(Also really looking forward to playing it, so it's a real shame).

Saphirax

Cornbread78

hey, speaking of Tokyo Xanadu...

I'm trying to throw an OT together, but have no IDEA on the title... Anybody have any ideas?

Tokyo Xanadu (Vita/eX+<PS4>) |OT|

Also,

eX+ release date has been listed in several spots for 11/17 (NA)

Additional benefits of the eX+ version:

-Full HD at 60 Frames Per Second
In addition to full high-definition graphics, the PlayStation 4 version of Tokyo Xanadu runs at 60 frames per second. The battles that unfold in the Other World dungeons are even smoother and more dynamic, and the grand event scenes depicted with Kou and company at its center are even more elaborate and vivid.
-New Scenarios! Side Stories and After Story Added
-With the exception of protagonist Kou, Side Stories from the point of view of the other “Qualified” high school students have been added. Enjoy the tales of the Qualified students that weren’t depicted in the main story as all new stories.
-Additionally, a new, large-volume “After Story,” available after the main story is cleared, has also been added. It is set in October 2015, when Morimiya City is flourishing with -Halloween-related events. But then a mysterious “Black Fox Mask Boy” appears before Kou and company…
-New Playable Character: “White Shroud”
Play as White Shroud, a knight with an unidentified seal who belongs the “Holy Spirit Church,” a third power that has a different standpoint from the “Nemesis,” which Asuka belongs to, and “Zodiac,” which Mitsuki belongs to.
In addition to his heightened parameters, he triumphs in all skill types, including shooting, flight, and strength skills.
In the PS Vita version, the attack attributes of “Fire,” “Spirit,” “Wind,” “Steel,” and “Shadow” appeared. White Shroud belongs to his own exclusive attribute of “Light,” which is strong against every other attribute except Shadow.
-New Modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush”
In the new “Time Attack” mode, the goal is defeat the various bosses (Elder Greeds) that appear in the main story as quickly as possible. In the new “Boss Rush” mode, you can battle each boss one after the other.
-Tons of New Greeds and Dungeons, New Difficulty Mode
-Joining the new Side Stories and After Story are new dungeons in the Other World, and new types of Greeds (monsters) and Elder Greeds (large bosses) to battle.
-With the addition of a new “Calamity” difficulty mode, there are also now a total of five difficulty modes available to players: “Beginner,” “Normal,” “Advanced,” “Elite,” and “Calamity.”

i think this happened last time with period cube

Yes, it had a one week delay. Now two weeks for this one, not too bad. I was hoping to play it next week, though. My LE arrives now at the same time in the middle of July.

And once again: no communication from Aksys in any way. That's just the worst.

oldmario

Aksys are friggin' awful with Europe. I can't believe I got excited when I first found out they'd announced plans to expand over here.

Oh well.

Worst part is I've already been charged for this game but could've done with the money, if it ends up slipping beyond the 20th (payday) I'll be pretty miffed.

(Also really looking forward to playing it, so it's a real shame).

aside from getting more money so their european customers can suffer i don't get why they aren't using someone like pqube to distribute the games over here under the aksys publishing label

Someone did a specific review of the Vita version of Valkyria, wow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LdnYjhIAB8

aside from getting more money so their european customers can suffer i don't get why they aren't using someone like pqube to distribute the games over here under the aksys publishing label

The money. And I get that, it's just like, they haven't learnt any lessons about distribution over here since they started doing it in March.

Anime Expo is less than a week away, are you guys expecting any Vita announcements from the usual suspects?

I feel like Ani has been hinting NISA might announce something.

Aksys are normally big at AX too, right?

Not sure what they could announce for Vita other than more otome though (and there's still 3 left to get out).

jzbluz

Someone did a specific review of the Vita version of Valkyria, wow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LdnYjhIAB8

The money. And I get that, it's just like, they haven't learnt any lessons about distribution over here since they started doing it in March.

This is the most positive review I've seen. The game doesn't look that bad, but the characters don't seem that interesting.

Anime Expo is less than a week away, are you guys expecting any Vita announcements from the usual suspects?

I still want XSEED to announce KBO so I'm expecting disappointment.

Maybe Aksys, but what can they realistically announce that's not a VN?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Outside of Valkyria Revolution & Tokyo Xanadu, EU blog announces Top Trumps Turbo relase for this Friday. That looks hilarious in a bad way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90zfttcXuk

After watching this video, I still have no clue what it's about :D

That's been supposed to be coming out since 2015, lol.

Yeah, I can't believe they kept it alive.
Now where's the physical version.

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/top-trumps-turbo-psvita/

Says June 30th lol. Will it come out?

Saphirax

I feel like Ani has been hinting NISA might announce something.

Aksys are normally big at AX too, right?

Not sure what they could announce for Vita other than more otome though (and there's still 3 left to get out).

4 more otome game!

I'd be satisfied with just one new and good one :p. I also assume we'll be getting release dates for Bad Apple Wars and C:R FD along with TX ex+. Maybe they'll even mention CxM.

Tohsaka

Tokyo Xanadu [OT] - Ys, You might be The Legend of Heroes

Game looks really good, and Vita version looks like it runs fine. Do I want the extra content is the real question?

I was going to wait for the PS4 version, but I'm too impatient so I'm gonna end up double dipping. Don't really want to wait until November to play the game (if the placeholder is accurate), I'll just do one playthrough on Vita and go for completionist on PS4.

Cornbread78

Tokyo Xanadu [OT] - Ys, You might be The Legend of Heroes

Game looks really good, and Vita version looks like it runs fine. Do I want the extra content is the real question?

I can't. I need a break from Dungeon Travelers already. The grind to beat bosses is killing me, lol.

I was going to wait for the PS4 version, but I'm too impatient so I'm gonna end up double dipping. Don't really want to wait until November to play the game (if the placeholder is accurate), I'll just do one playthrough on Vita and go for completionist on PS4.

Sounds about right. I'm looking forward to Friday.

It's funny how that Nov. date is out there on multiple sites, but I have yet to see anywhere where it is listed..

Gamestop is currently giving $100 for Vitas, considering trading in my old OLED model. I never use it since I have a blue Slim. Think it's worth it, or am I gonna regret giving up the OLED down the line? I also own a PSTV if that helps.

18-Volt

Saphirax

nope! however there will be new vita stuffs.

but not &#128079; coven &#128079; never &#128079; coven

The Lost Child and maaaybe DG2 if we're lucky. I'm also assuming they'll bring over The Silver Case's sequel for ps4. Although it may be too soon for that.

Ventara

Gamestop is currently giving $100 for Vitas, considering trading in my old OLED model. I never use it since I have a blue Slim. Think it's worth it, or am I gonna regret giving up the OLED down the line? I also own a PSTV if that helps.

What firmware is it? If it's 3.6 or under, definitely keep it. You can sell it for more or hack it down the line.

Even if it's above, eh, I would keep it, but that's me.

sibarraz

Banned
I really want to play tokyo xanady in my vita, but I feel that the extra content in the ps4 and steam versions will make this version feel worthless.

In the other hand, this game feels like one that will be enjoyed better in the vita

Shizuka

I really want to play tokyo xanady in my vita, but I feel that the extra content in the ps4 and steam versions will make this version feel worthless.

In the other hand, this game feels like one that will be enjoyed better in the vita

The game was developed with the PlayStation Vita in mind and the story itself won't feel incomplete. Additional content is always nice, but it's stuff added after the game was complete and not content that was cut from the game originally.

Top Bottom