• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

What's the likelihood of there being a decent sale on this game within a few months? Most games do these days but I'm afraid this one won't since it's a Blizzard game. This was originally on my list of must-haves but then insurance decided to jack my monthly bill up by $40 which hurts since usually they only bump it up by $20 each year. High risk for the win!

I'm just hoping there might be a sale to where it would be within reach if I sold some other games. I'm not getting many bites on CL yet though...lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the likelihood of there being a decent sale on this game within a few months? Most games do these days but I'm afraid this one won't since it's a Blizzard game. This was originally on my list of must-haves but then insurance decided to jack my monthly bill up by $40 which hurts since usually they only bump it up by $20 each year. High risk for the win!

I'm just hoping there might be a sale to where it would be within reach if I sold some other games. I'm not getting many bites on CL yet though...lol

Well tell me the cheapest you've seen Starcraft 2 up to this point.

V_Arnold

This game wont be receiving any kind of discount in the next year or two, I am sure of that. There are SLIGHT chances of individual retailers doing something weird - especially if they go out of business, for example -, but you should not count/depend on that.

Zertez

Blizzard games usually hold their price well for a long time. WoW expansions have seen quite a few sale prices, but that is a different thing. With subscription rates, the box discount isnt as big of a deal compared to non sub game. For the first couple years, the only times I remember D2 being on sale was during the holidays or some type of special promotion to get new customers for a store. This is a different time though and games drop in price in a months time, it is a nice time for people buying games.

This is Blizzard, so who knows what they will do. They can charge a premium on their games for years, and people will pay it. Unless it is some kind of special promotion, I wouldnt look for it to be on sale until the holidays at least. Even then, Im not sure it will be discounted much. Who knows maybe they will over estimate demand and need to unload some inventory. If you are waiting for it to hit 20 dollars, you are going to be waiting a long time.

chances are low, but if it makes you feel better, I paid $80AUD for the game would have happily paid $100. It's a worthwhile investment. But then again I wont be buying any other games for a while.

valeo

Nice gaming set up here :D
Final1lowres.jpg

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/theprof00/Diablo/

Yes.

Just imagine bringing a chick home with that in your room...

Zertez

Well tell me the cheapest you've seen Starcraft 2 up to this point.
I saw SC2 for 40 dollars at the holidays, but every store was fighting for sales.

Just imagine bringing a chick home with that in your room...
I would be creeped out if I went over a friends house and that was his setup. Some chicks are into things like that though, so Im sure a few wont have a problem with it.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm actually replaying Diablo 2 right now. It's been 7-8 years since I played the game. After playing Diablo 2 straight after Diablo 3 Beta, I think the changes Blizzard made were for the best. Many design choices in Diablo 2 are just too archaic. Such as having to put point into stats and skills and having to worry putting them points in could be a mistake and not making a efficient build. With Diablo 3 there is none of that, it is all about actually playing the game and experimenting as you can change skills and runes on the fly. With Diablo 2 you have to spend time researching and reading FAQs just incase you made the wrong choice. Also the bag fills up pretty fast and things like charms and scroll of identify were bad design choices. However one thing I miss from Diablo 2 is being able to change weapons on the fly with the W key.

Alex

Shoulda spent his candle money on a bigger monitor, in my opinion!

You won't be looking for a date when Diablo III comes out anyways...

I can never relate with you dudes who binge games like that. People in the Guild Wars thread who were playing 30 hours in one weekend just seemed sick to me. After a few hours of anything I always want to take a break and go out for a bit.

demolitio

This game wont be receiving any kind of discount in the next year or two, I am sure of that. There are SLIGHT chances of individual retailers doing something weird - especially if they go out of business, for example -, but you should not count/depend on that.

Yea, I kind of figured but there's a little part of me that still hopes. Even 10 bucks off helps a lot right now, lol.

I can never relate with you dudes who binge games like that. People in the Guild Wars thread who were playing 30 hours in one weekend just seemed sick to me. After a few hours of anything I always want to take a break and go out for a bit.

Give me a day of nothing and I will play Diablo3 for the waking hours of it. But real life gets in the way so while I'm tempted to say I have more gaming fortitude than you, I doubt I'll get a chance to test it :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i love this Kripparrian guy

Balehead

The end of that Kripparian/Athene video sounded like Athene tried to get him to spill his knowledge so that he could make the competition a pure grind instead of a tactical thing. Funny listening to these guys talk about their ideas etc., worked well as a podcast while doing other things.

Anyone have a good Logitech G700 button map they would want to share? Might as well prepare the mouse while waiting...

My g700 is brand spankin new. All I have so far is g6 and g7 as volume up down because I like volume control on a mouse.
I didn't get a chance to mess around with button setups before the beta closed =[
Im thinking it'd be neat to have a macro that switches one skill to another with one button press :)

At first I was going to put skills on it, especially when I learned that Dashing strike was moved to 1-4. But then I noticed the option to let me move skills wherever I wanted them. Sometimes skills just don't feel right when you use a keyboard press to execute them instead of a mouse click.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just watched it. fuck.

Yoshichan

Watching/Listening to it now. :D
Try not to get frustrated by the elitism in the video! If you can do that then you'll love it :D

Yoshichan

Kinda long, what's it about? (on my iphone atm)
It's basically a battle between two very dedicated players (Kripparrian and Athene), who are both striving to get world first achievements - but they have extremely different opinions on the matter. They're discussing skills, how long it'll take to get to 60, how hard inferno will be and much, much more. It's an intense conversation and you can clearly tell that Athene gets sort of intimidated as they keep talking.

masud

Banned

I'm they same way... with every game but Diablo.

Raide

It's basically a battle between two very dedicated players (Kripparrian and Athene), who are both striving to get world first achievements - but they have extremely different opinions on the matter. They're discussing skills, how long it'll take to get to 60, how hard inferno will be and much, much more. It's an intense conversation and you can clearly tell that Athene gets sort of intimidated as they keep talking.

I have heard about these two people before and it is always interesting to hear from super dedicated players, even if they are both a bit crazy. :D

I am not rushing through D3 but I will be aiming to clear on normal really quickly. I know how the game works and I know how Blizzard works. Just give me that loot!

Djin1979

I don't know those 2 guys, but Kripp sounds like full of himself and Athene full of shit... My bet is that none of them will ding the world record.

Nice, sounds interesting. Thanks for the link!

valeo

I don't know those 2 guys, but Kripp sounds like full of himself and Athene full of shit... My bet is that none of them will ding the world record.

Agreed; sounds like Athene has barely played the beta and Kripp says he has 'spreadsheets full of data' when we don't even know many inferno stats or variables yet and it could change anyway; freakin stupid. Didn't know who they were before this but I don't understand how anyone finds that interesting..

Yoshichan

Kripp want to clear inferno and Athene want first lv60 not really the same thing...
Not really the same thing, sure... but it's great achievements nonetheless and they both have really different perspectives of how it will go.

Yoshichan

He/she has quite the undertaking! Do us proud GAF member!
Well... with the new OT-rules, it's quite hard to overwhelm with a thread. We're collaborating to have a slick, easy-to-read OT!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Very excited for both Diablo 3 and Torchlight II. Don't see why any loot whiring nerd can't see why ;p

This year, for PC, is one of the best in a long time (in my opinion ).

Raide

Very excited for both Diablo 3 and Torchlight II. Don't see why any loot whiring nerd can't see why ;p

This year, for PC, is one of the best in a long time (in my opinion ).

Yep, loot-whores are having a great year. Borderlands 2 as well later in the year, as well as the various other games like PoE etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have a question, will my passive Sapphire Radeon 7750 be able to play the game in a 1080p resolution ?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I've heard the Mac client's gotten much better since the open beta, which ran pretty well. Anyone know of any hands-on accounts on performance changes?

Raide

I have a question, will my passive Sapphire Radeon 7750 be able to play the game in a 1080p resolution ?

I played it on my Integrated Sandy Bridge GPU and it ran ok on lower resolutions. Not sure if the 7750 will be able to manage 1080p will everything on.

forrest

formerly nacire
Try not to get frustrated by the elitism in the video! If you can do that then you'll love it :D

Kripp has a little bit of an ego, but he has a lot of solid records to back it. This guy will be prepared, that much I can promise you. I dont know much about Athene, but as a raiding WoW hunter, Kripp has been an invaluable resource for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom