• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Corgi

Banned
it was pretty fun, but it's a bit annoying if you wanna get everything since there's a bunch of missable stuff

thats all of these CH games :p

I've reached my inner zen. don't care about plats or anything. I just go for true endings and bad endings.

no time, too much backlog :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've reached my inner zen. don't care about plats or anything. I just go for true endings and bad endings.

no time, too much backlog :(

I'm never a platinum fan when it comes to games, and yet I managed to get one on the first Neptune, go fig. But yeah I have a huge backlog and in many cases (like when i played through mk2) I'll go for the one ending and watch the rest on Youtube. I just don't have time for NG+ anymore :/ Plus there's so many games I haven't even touched yet!

SerTapTap

NG+ takes less time than you think due to skipping text, but it shouldn't really be necessary at all, since there's really no point in going through the story text again except for fun. They've improved NG+ in fits and spurts but I hope they'll make it entirely optional.

Nepgear doing cute things .jpg
CA8arWcUYAA1Drz.jpg:large

Bah. Can't they put more budget into the franchise when it's become a little bit bigger than before?

It's still just a spinoff. The full standard cast is already pretty big now, especially if the Victory characters are included (judging from reb 2 it seems they might not be standard inclusions even as DLC). I'm surprised enough the spinoffs always get full voice acting...when the main games don't... And Noire/PP don't seem to have significantly less spoken text than a normal game.

I'm never a platinum fan when it comes to games, and yet I managed to get one on the first Neptune, go fig. But yeah I have a huge backlog and in many cases (like when i played through mk2) I'll go for the one ending and watch the rest on Youtube. I just don't have time for NG+ anymore :/ Plus there's so many games I haven't even touched yet!

Hey how easy is the nep 1 PS3 platinum anyway? I recently got the game for the artbook/because it's the only one I'm missing, I figure I'll be weak and probably platinum it like all the others at some point

Corgi

Banned
something else I wished the series did more is more... fanservicey special moves for the cpus. Like for the most part the attacks are just... generic combos, nothing that really scream "sega/nintendo/microsoft/sony ultimate attack!"

SerTapTap

something else I wished the series did more is more... fanservicey special moves for the cpus. Like for the most part the attacks are just... generic combos, nothing that really scream "sega/nintendo/microsoft/sony ultimate attack!"

Yeah, sometimes the names are pretty good, but the skills themselves aren't always (though I love how all of Noire's skills end with her in front of the camera, such a show off). Cave's ultimate skill is an excellent example, and CC2's at least slightly references Data Drain (but it'd be nice if it were more obviously data drain). It's sort of weird they don't use PS symbols more for Noire (might be a legal thing I guess, a few are hidden on her HDD form though).

In general I wish the special effects were flashier and better animated/had better camera work. They're usually alright but can have some stiff poses or weird camera angles at shots. They should also play up the digital/"it's a game" stuff more in the attacks, Histoire's attacks are some of my favorites because of that kind of stuff. Histy is so best

Corgi

Banned
Also for games that focus so much on positioning and what not... the amount of skills and moves that can hit more than 1 unit at a time is shocking low.

Series has the potential... and I'm sure they will reach that some day with the rate they release new games lol.

What are the odds that they can port VII to vita? The graphics aren't ps3 level tbh (60fps is great though!), but who knows...

What are the odds that they can port VII to vita? The graphics aren't ps3 level tbh (60fps is great though!), but who knows...

Looking at the trailers so far, I haven't seen anything that looked like a roadblock to a Vita port.

V was downgraded graphically a bit to be ported as Re;Birth 3, so I don't think the creators would be adverse to toning VII down a bit. Seeing as the Vita is the premier choice for consumption of the series, I'd say the odds were favorable, but not certain.

If it happened it would almost certainly be well after the western release.

Corgi

Banned
Looking at the trailers so far, I haven't seen anything that looked like a roadblock to a Vita port.

V was downgraded graphically a bit to be ported as Re;Birth 3, so I don't think the creators would be adverse to toning VII down a bit. Seeing as the Vita is the premier choice for consumption of the series, I'd say the odds were favorable, but not certain.

true. Just lazy to buy a ps4 lol. Been fine with a pc ps3 wii u and handhelds.

true. Just lazy to buy a ps4 lol. Been fine with a pc ps3 wii u and handhelds.

I'm in the exact same boat. Due to the proliferation of Neptunia on Vita as well as Re;Birth 1 & 2 being on steam, I think the odds are very good in seeing a non-PS4 release.

SerTapTap

Considering they're already butchering textures for the Vita ports I'm not sure how good V2 will look on Vita. Will happily play this one on PS4. Really glad the anime games are coming to PS4, tired of aliased 720p smudgefests. "PS3 quality" assets are fine for anime stuff, but bad textures and IQ really ruin the look. Super looking forward to this and Estival Versus on PS4, and of course Guilty Gear already looks so fantastic.

I really need to get back into these games. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia U and Hyperdevotion Noire.

Also to note: Nepgear and Ram da bes.

Shinriji

Considering they're already butchering textures for the Vita ports I'm not sure how good V2 will look on Vita. Will happily play this one on PS4. Really glad the anime games are coming to PS4, tired of aliased 720p smudgefests. "PS3 quality" assets are fine for anime stuff, but bad textures and IQ really ruin the look. Super looking forward to this and Estival Versus on PS4, and of course Guilty Gear already looks so fantastic.

Portable and cheaper is better than a slight graphical upgrade. And considering Omega Quintet, don't expect much.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey how easy is the nep 1 PS3 platinum anyway? I recently got the game for the artbook/because it's the only one I'm missing, I figure I'll be weak and probably platinum it like all the others at some point

I thought it was pretty easy. I needed a bit of a guide for the monsters, since there was like 10 Cliones to fight that all looked the same and I had to find out where they all were.

SerTapTap

I don't know why but Youtube 60 FPS still looks weird. In-game 60 FPS doesn't. Maybe my brain's still not used to this strange world of 60 FPS youtube yet

Portable and cheaper is better than a slight graphical upgrade. And considering Omega Quintet, don't expect much.

The difference between Estival Versus' PS Vita and PS4 versions looks like far more than a "slight" graphical upgrade. I assume Neptunia would be similar...or worse since IF/CH don't seem to do the best optimization.

I thought it was pretty easy. I needed a bit of a guide for the monsters, since there was like 10 Cliones to fight that all looked the same and I had to find out where they all were.

Good to know...sort of odd, they usually have That One Trophy that takes 10x longer than anything else and is super annoying. It has to be deliberate at this point, I really wish they'd cut that out. Stella's Dungeon is pointless busywork.

I played the first Neptunia on PS3 and moved on to other things. Glad I waited as IFI has done quite well in handling the Re;Birth remakes. Nearly finished with the first and will be starting Re;Birth 2 soon.

SerTapTap

Is Re;Birth 3 the one where Plutia is one of the protags? Still waiting for the second one to release on Steam.

Yeah, she was in Victory/3. She seems to be gone for good since they didn't even make her DLC in Reb 2. She's an alright character but I don't mind her being a one time thing

I dunno, I'm playing Rebirth 2 at the moment and there's a certain charm to Cave's EXE drive tanking the frame rate because it hits so many times.

They should preserve that as slowdown for the PC version honestly, it looks like arcade slowdown which is very fitting. Hard to say if it's deliberate since a few other skills kill framerate too

Vylash

Plutia's gimmick is good as a one time thing and that's it, she absolutely doesn't need to come back except as optional dlc

Corgi

Banned
I dunno, I'm playing Rebirth 2 at the moment and there's a certain charm to Cave's EXE drive tanking the frame rate because it hits so many times.

same with the 2exe special nepnep has in rebirth 1 when she turns into a plane :3

Reminded me why im replaying rebirth due to the dlc being cheap. Time to see what P-tan and plutia is all about, gameplay wise.

neat to finally have a cpu with heals.

Kinda wish there was more character 'job types'.

gals are either, dps melee, dps magic, or healer/support. Nothing really in between.

SerTapTap

same with the 2exe special nepnep has in rebirth 1 when she turns into a plane :3

Reminded me why im replaying rebirth due to the dlc being cheap. Time to see what P-tan and plutia is all about, gameplay wise.

neat to finally have a cpu with heals.

Kinda wish there was more character 'job types'.

gals are either, dps melee, dps magic, or healer/support. Nothing really in between.

IMO everyone should buy the character DLC (as early as possible). $1 for fully featured characters. Hope they keep that up and not just for the rebirth games (Noire does it too). The PS3 games' DLC models sucked

I think the lack of relevance in (most) buffs, elements and status ailments limit "job" type stuff. Though attack ranges and who has the best rush/power attacks/EXE are pretty big factors. Noire's EXE is fantastic because of damage + AOE + debuff, Plutia has OP Rush/Power attacks, Vert's pretty good for Rush, EXE and has decent buffs.

It'd be interesting if they made elements more relevant in a Borderlands sort of way. Ice characters cause debuffs or something, fire does DOT, intrinsic status effects by element, something like that. The current element system is largely useless. And I almost prefer a useless element system to a boring but highly necessary rock paper scissors one.

Plutia's gimmick is good as a one time thing and that's it, she absolutely doesn't need to come back except as optional dlc

Story-wise, for sure. Though I don't mind her, the makers and so on being kept in like they are in the Rebirth games. Just wish they weren't all lategame content with almost no use. I think you get them early in reb 3 though

jonno394

This thread made me want to start my Hyperdevotion Noire play through. Love the chibi versions of the goddesses in the opening movie. Part way through chapter 2. Seems good fun!

It's been a few months since I finished rebirth 1 and coming back to these characters (even if it is an alternative dimension) feels great!

HGH

Banned
I beg to differ about "jobs". Vert is good at doing both physical and magical sure, but her AGI/TEC focused buff and debuff are very potent. She's definitely something like a red mage. And Blanc's tankability is unrivaled, but she also has great Rush despite not so great damage. Rom is very obviously the white mage style character but she can also dish out good damage due to using magic.
Point is I don't feel most characters are defined by a single role or limited by one stat so much.

Corgi

Banned
I beg to differ about "jobs". Vert is good at doing both physical and magical sure, but her AGI/TEC focused buff and debuff are very potent. She's definitely something like a red mage. And Blanc's tankability is unrivaled, but she also has great Rush despite not so great damage. Rom is very obviously the white mage style character but she can also dish out good damage due to using magic.
Point is I don't feel most characters are defined by a single role or limited by one stat so much.

most still play the same though. At least for rebirths you just spam attacks until you can spam exe's.

would be nice for someone like Blanc if she can use her tankyness to do some actual tanking for the party or something.

Usually I'd post this in the VII thread, but since this is here, the website just updated with a bunch of stuff including the new art for the Candidates' HDD forms, some more screens and an info page about surveyors.

Really glad they're sticking with the stage 1 HDD forms rather than the skimpier 'evolutions'. Uni in particular looks significantly better this way.

Did the twins even have 2 HDD forms? I get the feeling they did, but I can't remember the visual differences so they probably weren't anything significant.

The screens are all focused on the Candidates as well. Couple of examples:

There're some new CGs in the website's gallery too but, uh, they're pretty NSFW.

Corgi

Banned
is there any footage of HDD transformation? Wonder if they are sticking with the cheap 'white light' effect, or gonna have full henshin animations like with the NEXT form.

Blanc's hat is the best NEXT form. It's like Luigi if he was a pimp.

51scr.jpg

49scr.jpg

Noire is... totally flat in NEXT form. Not just weird perspective. RIP

54scr.jpg

HGH

Banned
That update also had details about the Scout System, translated here.
I wanna shake my head just for saying "Scout System". I'm not sure how exactly it's changed from that article, especially since it's real time now, but at least hidden treasures aren't "repeatedly go into dungeon while spamming treasure search and hoping it has the drop you want" anymore. Now it seems it's more like a minigame of sorts to get them to spawn.

Did the twins even have 2 HDD forms? I get the feeling they did, but I can't remember the visual differences so they probably weren't anything significant.
The 2nd ones are barely different but basically they lose the "windows" on the front, get weird mechanical...ears? And an open space on the top part of the back.

I mean from human form to cpu form. I've seen the NEXT transformations, wonder if they will put some budget into the normal transformations too
There is, you can see them in one of those camcorder videos that have been going around(also that article I posted above has screenshots). They're done in the style of the first game except not as mindnumbingly slow.

SerTapTap

Say what you want about sony handhelds and their support... they sure are some sexy hardware.

Oh, the sisters are in victory 2? Hopefully not postgame again. I'm so tired of playing 75% of the game before I can use characters. They have too many good characters to keep them locked up.

Noooooooooooooo not the scout system I've been a good boy why you do this

Noire is... totally flat in NEXT form. Not just weird perspective. RIP

She's not totally flat (blanc is totally flat) but it is pretty small. Not sure why

Why do people hate on everyone I love?

I don't hate Plutia but her gimmick would be really awkward to try and mesh with the stories of future games. She's not a bad character but she's best kept at "maker" level of relevance or less outside of combat.

Really glad they're sticking with the stage 1 HDD forms rather than the skimpier 'evolutions'. Uni in particular looks significantly better this way.

They could easily have multiple HDD main outfits, Victory has a bunch.

The twins actually had less skimpy HDD 2 forms (no more weird belly window otherwise largely the same). They were really boring but still preferable to the originals, I actually prefer all characters' HDD2 forms though Nepgear is kind of a wash, I think the white looks better.

SerTapTap

Maybe it's something to do with the slim versions of Playstation consoles? To show she is now "Noire Slim" she has a smaller bust?

What size did they think Sega's portable was going to be then? I think they should just leave the characters' busts from the first series alone instead of trying to follow the industry "trends" in some weird way. There's no way they can get away with a flat Vert if MS somehow makes the teeniest tiniest console next gen. I guess Noire is the only one who's bust size never really comes up in conversation, they'd obviously never change Neptune being the leader and all.

HGH

Banned
Well if you ever owned a GameGear, you'd know it's a giant monster that's like, the size of 2 PSPs(maybe even 2.5) glued together, and eats 6 AA batteries faster than a bear eats honey. So pretty big.

Corgi

Banned
honestly, they probably can 'get away' with anything they want. Game series is pretty loose with any sort of established lore lol.

Only consistent thing is life as noire is suffering.

SerTapTap

Well if you ever owned a GameGear, you'd know it's a giant monster that's like, the size of 2 PSPs(maybe even 2.5) glued together, and eats 6 AA batteries faster than a bear eats honey. So pretty big.

Nepgear must have been a chubby baby

SerTapTap

Does anyone know if the Neptunia limited edition anime sets are all Blu Ray/all DVD? I found one set on ebay that finally does include the Neptune Nendoroid, but it says DVD instead of blu ray. Is that an actual SKU? I'll ask the seller too but language barriers...

Top Bottom