• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civil War 4 | Fighting game tournament | April 27-29

AAK

Wut yes it does.

both kof and sfxt has comeback mechanics

Like I said, "Broken" comeback mechanics.

aka taking advantage of the opponent not playing smart, not "luck."

If you land a hit, you wouldn't do anything different if you go the hb or not. You'd still go for the maximum damage. You're taking advantage regardless of landing the hb or not.

It also goes the other way, when you get too hasty about a happy birthday and end up beating up on the assist, leaving yourself wide open to the player who fell out of it

Something that occurs a miniscule amount of times compared to the frequencies of a legitimate hb's.

SFxT does have a broken comeback mechanic. It's just broken in a good way... the way that makes it mostly useless.

Pandora is hardly broken. It's extremely, brutally, impossibly situational to make it "broken". Hence, it's just a quick final attack that could potentially KO an opponent. Feel free to correct me.

SFxT does have a broken comeback mechanic. It's just broken in a good way... the way that makes it mostly useless. I also thought the "honest fighting" moniker came from the fact that KOF had good gameplay combined with no BS comeback mechanics. Keep in mind that there is a world of difference between HD combos, Skullgirls' surplus meter gain, Pandora and X-factor.

Kof has comeback mechanics lol. Lose two characters and you're guaranteed a green bar. It's not that bad though, it's about as significant as ultras in ae 2012. The REAL honest thing about kof13 is no safe reversals, which I really like.

Real talk though, SFxT is the most "honest" fighting game out right now.

Well I got knocked out of MK, SFxT, and SF. My last match of MK I got bodied by some kid having his grandma record the match on his cell phone. She had no clue if her grandson had won after the match. lol

0cb7k.gif

And the lack of rolling in SFIV really pissed me off. Eating non stop vortex mixups wasn't fun. Again, it's more options given to you in SFxT is what adds to its integrity.

This is what I hate about SFxT, even if it benefits me when I'm knocked down. I feel like you should be rewarded for knockdowns. But in this game you're put in a constant guessing game after you score a knockdown. Make the wrong guess and you're opponent is free, make the right guess and you still have no guarantee of punishing him because rolls recover instantly.

I don't mind that SFxT has rolls. I just think they should be punishable like back dashes or teleports. And by that I mean they should have some recovery frames. I feel like there is no more risk in rolling then not doing anything on wake up. You can't say dealing with ambiguous cross ups is the price you have to pay since you can block it and that's something that you may have to deal with if you didn't roll.

So that's my beef with it, and it's definitely part of the reason there are so many time outs.

Pandora is hardly broken. It's extremely, brutally, impossibly situational to make it "broken". Hence, it's just a quick final attack that could potentially KO an opponent. Feel free to correct me.
Read what I typed again. I meant that it's broken in such a way that makes it mostly ineffective which is something that I consider good. You have to sacrifice a partner and you die once it comes out. It's like a car with a shitty engine... or a broken engine.
Kof has comeback mechanics lol. Lose two characters and you're guaranteed a green bar. It's not that bad though, it's about as significant as ultras in ae 2012. The REAL honest thing about kof13 is no safe reversals, which I really like.

Real talk though, SFxT is the most "honest" fighting game out right now.
I never said KOF doesn't have comeback mechanics. I said there is a "world of difference" between them(especially when X-factor is involved).

zlatko

Banned
Rolls in SFxT should have some risk associated with it. I feel like if you pick to do a roll you should not be invincible during it, and have a few frames where you can't block as you are standing.

This way, if you do it, you do it at a good time because your opponent is cross up, or wake up throw happy, so you can avoid it. However, if you do it non stop, then your opponent can slap you silly for it.

Also how to fix SFxT:

Make Pandora Xfactor level 3 hype shit.
Make the game have an extra 35+ seconds in length for rounds.
Make it so if one character dies, the round still continues to get rid of the second as well.
Remove quick combos.
Cancel anymore DLC gems.
Make Jabs push back further so that stops being a valid tactic.

I'd play this game.

If you land a hit, you wouldn't do anything different if you go the hb or not. You'd still go for the maximum damage. You're taking advantage regardless of landing the hb or not.

You're focusing on the person on offense here, what I'm saying is that it's the opponent's fault.

what's an example of a situation where a happy birthday is bullshit (aside from times where it happens to me lol)? If it's not secure, don't call the assist.

Something that occurs a miniscule amount of times compared to the frequencies of a legitimate hb's

"occurs" like it's random? no, you gotta hit confirm and know your hit boxes and spacing, particularly with the weird hit box characters.

I think marvel is getting less and less "bullshit" over time.

sleepykyo

Damn, never realized how popular killstreaks were.

Make Pandora Xfactor level 3 hype shit. -hell no, I'd like to see the clock stop during pandora mode though.
Make the game have an extra 35+ seconds in length for rounds. -sure
Make it so if one character dies, the round still continues to get rid of the second as well. -not an actual tag game at that point
Remove quick combos.
Cancel anymore DLC gems.
Make Jabs push back further so that stops being a valid tactic. -I'd probably go one step further and make it so that the block stun on move can't equal or exceed the start up of the move. eg. Cammy's jab goes down to +2, Kazuya's crouching mp goes down to +4.

Great to see that spooky will still stream at least a little bit. I really got into his streams at the major events anyway, but I do enjoy watching big two every single week! Even if it is just sort of getting stale with the morrigan teams now..

Great to see that spooky will still stream at least a little bit. I really got into his streams at the major events anyway, but I do enjoy watching big two every single week! Even if it is just sort of getting stale with the morrigan teams now..

he was just saying in the chat that he's just not gonna do all the majors and traveling, so i think big 2 is safe.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im still shocked by Spooky's news. :(
I hope he keeps doing local events like Big Two and such.

Oh and Fatal Fury/KOF invented comeback mechanics the difference between KOF and UMvC3 and SSFIV is that XIII doesnt have an exclusive gauge just for that mechanic.
Do you want a NeoMax? Burn all your meters mayne! But dont screw up!
So youre actually betting all your Supers,EX Moves,Cancels on a single HDC hit confirm.

Can we assume spooky will still do SB, FR, NEC and CEO?
I believe so because he is a gentleman.

Damn, Skullgirls has 4 pools of 16 entrants each. That is a lot of people.
Yo Skullgirls! Glad this game is getting love.
This is fucken nuts. Skullgirls is being streamed on Civil War just after it finished getting top entrants at St1ckbug's tournament which came after the Finest KO Skullgirls stream. I'm also in the middle of large Skullgirls ranbats on SRK that even Mike Z is involved in.

NOW THEY ARE STREAMING GUILTY GEAR.

o_o

Azure J

Just got in. The last time I checked the stream, SFxT was on. What did I miss?

Damn, Skullgirls has 4 pools of 16 entrants each. That is a lot of people.

This is fucken nuts. Skullgirls is being streamed on Civil War just after it finished getting top entrants at St1ckbug's tournament which came after the Finest KO Skullgirls stream. I'm also in the middle of large Skullgirls ranbats on SRK that even Mike Z is involved in.

NOW THEY ARE STREAMING GUILTY GEAR.

o_o

I feel bad that I fell off regarding being a Day 1 adopter. At the same time, I'm so happy to see it blow up like this, Reverge put so much work into this and they deserve all the support they can get.

Top Bottom