• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also apparently still hasn't told Schiff, despite him being the ranking Dem involved in the investigation, and looks to be going to the White House first. Nunes is such a fucking weasel.

Um.

Yeah, this sounds really bad for Trump. Potentially game ending, if there is anything incriminating.

Cvn-Se9XYAANRus.jpg

Joking aside, I'm fascinated seeing how far the Republicans will let shit go.

Thisisfine.jpg has never been more fitting.

Sephzilla

Me too.

Maybe Nunes doesn't know what to do yet? But I have a strong feeling Nunes is part of the Trump Circle of Borscht.

During the Comey/Rogers hearing this week he basically asked "So what do I have to do to not get investigated" and looked like he was sweating bullets anytime someone started laying out events regarding Trump and Russia. I'd be surprised if this guy doesn't have dirt

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The likelihood that there's nothing interesting in these + the fact that the general public doesn't know the difference means I could see this being good for his message that he was "wiretapped."

What are the chances that he's said something so profoundly racist that it would hopefully get the impeachment talks to ramp up?

Things are way past that mattering, and in my opinion the existence of the pee tape only matters in that it gives credence to the other things in the Steele document.

We need evidence of Russian money going to Trump or extra-governmental plotting.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Trump leaked a classified investigation into himself

self-fulfilling prophecy of leaker being caught

They're not justifying the wiretapping claim, as that's completely different from incidental collection as any monkey would tell you.

The fact that nunes is barely able to spin this positively is quite telling.

Kamek

They're not justifying the wiretapping claim, as that's completely different from incidental collection as any monkey would tell you.

The fact that nunes is barely able to spin this positively is quite telling.

The point is they ARE different, but those who want to believe these claims don't care about nuance, and aren't as smart as the monkeys who would tell me that, and as such, people who want to see it this way, will see this as a justification.

The point is they ARE different, but those who want to believe these claims don't care about nuance, and aren't as smart as the monkeys who would tell me that, and as such, people who want to see it this way, will see this as a justification.

They might, but if they're watching Fox News, they probably hand waved it already. Any other network is going to separate the difference, as will those in congress.

It's all good scoring points with the rubes that are already part of the choir. But outside of the choir? Not so much

sflufan

Banned
The fact that he ran off to Paul Ryan, and NOT Donald Trump, makes me curious.

Paul Ryan is probably FAR too twisted in knots about tomorrow's AHCA/Ryancare vote tomorrow and the possibility that the Freedom Caucus will vote against it than to be concerned about whatever the hell this thing is.

If he loses that vote, his Speakership is toast.

Um.

Yeah, this sounds really bad for Trump. Potentially game ending, if there is anything incriminating.

Bad? This is a dream come true for him. His supporters will eat this up as evidence that the government actually was spying on him.

I would love to think that it's going to undermine him in some way, but I really, really doubt that's how a lot of people are going to read it, and he certainly will do his best to spin it in a self-advancing direction.

Kamek

They might, but if they're watching Fox News, they probably hand waved it already. Any other network is going to separate the difference, as will those in congress.

It's all good scoring points with the rubes that are already part of the choir. But outside of the choir? Not so much

I don't think we disagree then.

Unless...

Nunes wants an emergency House vote to classify "incidental data collection" on a sitting President, to keep a lid on it all.

If that's even possible.

Nunes sounds like he scared of something if he's running off to Speaker Ryan.

I mean Nunes was on the transition team, so it makes sense that he'd be cagey as fuck about communications collected on the transition team.

Dude is so fucking compromised.

Nunes is like on the edge of the donald trump whirlpool of shit, and he just looked into the eye of the whirlpool, and he just caked his pants

I honestly thought something was up with how Nunes went to Comey,"JUST SO YOU KNOW, the republican platform was NOT weakened, in fact, it was made tougher on Russia and Ukraine!!!... I just want you to make sure you make that FACT known in your investigation..

You're writing in down, right?... right Mr. Director.. oh god.. please tell me you'll remember that.. you promise... PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I DIDNT DO ANYTHING I SWEAR TO GOD"

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
How is this a thing? Explain it to me like I'm in the 3rd grade.

He is gonna walk into the White House and speak to the President about this.

No one has been briefed so he is doing it alone.

Like in the Matrix when Cypher (Joe Pantoliano's character) betrays everyone so he can be king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom