• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

C4u6sY6WQAMyC2V.jpg

C4u6s_UWAAIwNpm.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Alabama has lost its director of football operations. Unclear if fired or resigned.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Him and Jamarcus both. Never give up on your dreams.

Best of luck to both of them on their quest for a practice squad roster spot.

Not that I'd really be betting on either of these guys anyway but the lack of a minor league in the NFL really hurts things like this. Not a lot of opportunity to prove yourself as an over 30 QB that hasn't played for a few years. You get a few camps and maybe the preseason and that's it.

Neither guy is even eligible to be a practice squad player, so realistically the only chance they will have is to somehow play well enough to make a 53-man roster for the first team that gives them a shot (as nobody else is picking them up mid-season). Even if their chance of making a roster would still be in the (low) single digits with a minor league it's better than the functional 0% they have right now.

well I'm the newest Oregon Ducks Season ticket Holder

Speaking of Oregon Ducks, I hope Kevtones isn't permabanned. I would feel guilty as hell if he was perma'd in a stupid thread I made. I thought at most it was a 2 week TO but it has been almost a month now. Cyan, investigate plz

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Speaking of Oregon Ducks, I hope Kevtones isn't permabanned. I would feel guilty as hell if he was perma'd in a stupid thread I made. I thought at most it was a 2 week TO but it has been almost a month now. Cyan, investigate plz

is he a long-suffering Ducks fan or one of their band-wagon fans?

Shit am i going to get banned for posting pics of shitty hairstyles on coaches?

@CoachJim4UM

Pete Finebaum, the unabashed SEC water carrier, really needs to get his facts straight. #AlternativeFacts

I dont even know whats going on anymore.

Piggus

well I'm the newest Oregon Ducks Season ticket Holder

We just gave up two of our season tickets since they were mostly going unused, which is bad timing since I'm getting married this year. Gonna have to fight off some family members for the Nebraska game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The fuck the Falcons doing hiring a bunch of also ran college coaches.

Kyle Flood? Charlie Weis Jr? Bush Hamdan?

#Why

andycapps

#Why
Weis Jr is an offensive assistant, not a coach. I have no clue who Hamdan even is other than being at Washington before. Flood is a pretty meh pickup.

Vanillalite

Weis Jr is an offensive assistant, not a coach. I have no clue who Hamdan even is other than being at Washington before. Flood is a pretty meh pickup.

At one point in like 2011 or 2012 pretty sure Hamdan was on the Gata coaching staff.

I thought the rumor was he was gonna go to party with Kiff and get a job down there. Then boom he's with Sark and the Falcons.

andycapps

At one point in like 2011 or 2012 pretty sure Hamdan was on the Gata coaching staff.

I thought the rumor was he was gonna go to party with Kiff and get a job down there. Then boom he's with Sark and the Falcons.
That's probably the connection for Hamdan and Quinn since they were there at the same time. That Flood connection goes way back, but I still don't get it. I'm assuming he sees something we don't. I was a little skeptical of him the first season but their personnel decisions seem to be in the right direction, gonna give him a little benefit of the doubt for coaching decisions.

cdyhybrid

#Why
No idea how he will do in the NFL, but Hamdan turned our WRs from the weakest offensive group to arguably the strongest in one season.

Getting John Ross back from injury and Jake having a year of experience under his belt helped too, but Ross wasn't that good before he got hurt. I'd love to have him back if you don't want him :p

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
We just gave up two of our season tickets since they were mostly going unused, which is bad timing since I'm getting married this year. Gonna have to fight off some family members for the Nebraska game.

season tickets seemed like the most economical way to secure a block of Nebraska tickets, honestly.

I'll of course be rooting for the Ducks for Nebraska's SoS, but I also have a bit of a monetary component to that as well now haha.

Vanillalite

No idea how he will do in the NFL, but Hamdan turned our WRs from the weakest offensive group to arguably the strongest in one season.

Getting John Ross back from injury and Jake having a year of experience under his belt helped too, but Ross wasn't that good before he got hurt. I'd love to have him back if you don't want him :p

Well he have the best WR core in the league arguably so he better be top notch.

I guess I look at him at FL and think why did he suck in a state full of talent.

andycapps

Well he have the best WR core in the league arguably so he better be top notch.

I guess I look at him at FL and think why did he suck in a state full of talent.
Because Will Muschamp was the head coach and did not care about recruiting on offense. They also went through a lot of OC's.

I mean, he may not be good. Just saying that judging any offensive coach that worked for Muschamp may be unfair.

AntoneM

NDSU needs to move up to FBS more than anyone. They're an FBS program playing FCS football...seems unfair

19,000 person in-door stadium + 14,000 enrollment + extremely low state funding + nearest metro of over 300k is 330 miles away (Fargo is like metro of 220k) + geographically distant from existing FBS conferences = not going to happen for a very very long time... unless they form a new FBS conference, with say, Montana, Montana State, North Dakota, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Northern Iowa, Youngstown?, Missouri State? and idk, Southern Illinois? Add NDSU to make 10.

Bolded are already in a FB conference together but the rest of their sports are split between the Missouri Valley and Summit conferences. Montana schools are in the Big Sky conference.

19,000 person in-door stadium + 14,000 enrollment + extremely low state funding + nearest metro of over 300k is 330 miles away (Fargo is like metro of 220k) + geographically distant from existing FBS conferences = not going to happen for a very very long time... unless they form a new FBS conference, with say, Montana, Montana State, North Dakota, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Northern Iowa, Youngstown?, Missouri State? and idk, Southern Illinois? Add NDSU to make 10.

Bolded are already in a FB conference together but the rest of their sports are split between the Missouri Valley and Summit conferences. Montana schools are in the Big Sky conference.

Also add Rutgers.

That's better.

Does Rutgers really deserve this? I mean, at least their coaching staff didn't rape kids. *looking at Penn State*

But would those other schools deserve to be lumped in with Penn State. Clearly, no.

Come to think of it, let's set up a new conference for Penn State, Baylor, and Liberty U and anywhere Urban Meyer has worked.

Top Bottom