• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

24hr

Played a couple of hours of MP and I love it. One thing I noticed is that after every game it tells me I have completed a challenge and 'gives' me 250 relics yet nothing gets added?

xRaizen

This isn't Uncharted MP, this is just fast paced TLOU MP.

They shouldn't have messed with the formula. Just stick with U2 or U3's MP. Not this frankenstein monster we have now.

Glad I got the MP trophies out of the way.

There's only one, unless you've not played the beta or watched any prerelease footage, in which case there's three.
Please don't say the name if it's not, but is it
Scotland
? I've already done that chapter. So that would make the town and jungle from the beta, the auction house,
Scotland
- how many more am I missing?

Shahadan

I can't see myself playing this that much. It takes too long to start a match in my opinion, it seems unbalanced, and we die a bit too easily.

Please don't say the name if it's not, but is it
Scotland
? I've already done that chapter. So that would make the town and jungle from the beta, the auction house,
Scotland
- how many more am I missing?

Yes it is, so you're good. There's four more maps but they are generic.

Shin-chan

Played one round after a session of single player and we kind of stomped 40-3.

Game is fun though. Having these movement options is really great in multiplayer, although I think the maps could be designed with more height to take more advantage of it (bearing in mind I've only played 4 of the 8 available).

Played a couple of hours of MP and I love it. One thing I noticed is that after every game it tells me I have completed a challenge and 'gives' me 250 relics yet nothing gets added?

That's a glitch that's happening to me too. You already completed the challenge and were awarded the relics for it.

So is the MP good? This is the thing that will get me to consider picking up the game or passing (I rarely finish SP games and like playing adversarial/co-op). There aren't a lot of 3rd person MP games out there so that part has my interest.

Foxxsoxx

Loving the MP so far, I wasn't too much into the beta because of how different it was but I'm really getting used to the changes and just wrecking people.

The movement is brilliant, you're fast by default instead of needing boosters like a Monkey Man, the guns feel great and the mysticals are actually really cool once you get used to them. ND really outdid themselves.

Dubz

I was just in a game where a guy on the other team went 22-1. We were up 23-3 to start the match, and then half their team dropped. When their team dropped they got this guy who totally wrecked us.....so annoying.

f@luS

More than a member.
I bought the triple pack. Wasn't it supposed to unlock some things for the multi straight ?

I elected to start the MP before SP with the progressive download so was stuck playing it for some hours.

It is quite like TLOU multiplayer which I know had a lot of fans and remained or remains active. But TLOU multiplayer is a lot more visceral hand-to-hand stuff and less gun play.

Technically this multiplayer is very good. With the smooth as glass animations and good looking environments.

However - After playing a lot of overwatch, it really feels like Naughty Dog are a bunch of technically accomplished older guys writing what they think is a cool multiplayer game but the whole packaging (menus and all the awards and so on) is really clunky and old-fashioned. It isn't slick and modern and doesn't possess great music either. Even the chest opening animation where you spend your loot on upgrades, isn't that cool.

Also the addition of magic abilities seems an attempt to add glamour to the rather small differences between roles. Assault/Recon/Support etc in game they all pretty much look the same so you deal with each one you find the same way: try to headshot them. Its fun to throw a totem into a group behind cover, but feels a bit tacked on. The support grunts are also a little weird.

I'm curious to know whether people will communicate on head sets and work as a team, or for casuals it'll be a similar experience to TLOU multiplayer: you try in each game, and then some lone wolf on the other team running perfect laps kills you from behind.

And TLOU multiplayer is a lot more deliberate in many ways. So I'm worried this will fizzle. Might be wrong. But it doesn't feel amazing other than technically.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I should not have put that I am competitive at multiplayer. I should not have put that I am competitive at multiplayer.

Zomba13

-Get given 200 Uncharted Bux
-Look in the store and the cool weapon skins are 300
-curse ND
-Look at the funky Rafe skin with the skull mask and suit
-It is 200 Uncharteroonies.
-My Villain skin forever.

Rudiano

Banned
The loadout customization sucks. I only have a Rifle, pistol, grenade, RPG and 1 booster....and there is no more LP for a mystical. Also sucks that modifiers for the guns also cost 1 LP each.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can you not rename your custom load outs? If no that's really not good.

I get that it is annoying, but it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

The loadout customization sucks. I only have a Rifle, pistol, grenade, RPG and 1 booster....and there is no more LP for a mystical. Also sucks that modifiers for the guns also cost 1 LP each.

Sounds good to me, with a Mystical that loadout would be overpowered.

Aspiring

I played this for a few hoirs before single player and i really enjoyed it. Cant wait to be able to sink more time into it.

Rudiano

Banned
only? lmao

This loadout sucks

0ALwUQw.png

Even the pre-set loadouts are better and holds more LP then the custom ones. I mean pre-set 1 can hold all of that above including a Mystical

This loadout sucks

0ALwUQw.png

Even the pre-set loadouts are better and holds more LP then the custom ones. I mean pre-set 1 can hold all of that above including a Mystical

That's great. Will prevent OP loadouts now that there's weapon mods and whatnot. You want a mystical?? You gonna have to put power weapons and other stuff on the backburner.

OMG! I am so bad at this :( It's jsut not clicking with me, I'm trying to shoot an enemy and and they kill me no problem whatsoever and they have 100HP left :( Always losing 1vs1. My TLOU skillz or any other MP game skillz arent helping me here at all.

Am crei. Can't git guud.

But it's really fun.

Rudiano

Banned
That's great. Will prevent OP loadouts now that there's weapon mods and whatnot. You want a mystical?? You gonna have to put power weapons and other stuff on the backburner.

So its ok for the pre-sets to be more powerful then our own? Look at pre-set 1, basically the same as mine but it also has a mystical. No need for the custom when pre-set 1 is better and hold more LP. Custom loadouts holds 19 LP while pre-set 1 holds 23.

2BicMpx.png

You unlock more loadout points, you know? Have to meet certain requirements. It's a somewhat light grind that should happen over time whenever you play the MP. Under each menu, weapons, gear etc... at the bottom you can see the "1LP" and it's either unlocked or lock and you can see what you have to do to unlock it.

xxracerxx

So its ok for the pre-sets to be more powerful then our own? Look at pre-set 1, basically the same as mine but it also has a mystical. No need for the custom when pre-set 1 is better and hold more LP. Custom loadouts holds 19 LP while pre-set 1 holds 23.

Yes? And you will get more LP for custom loadouts as you continue to play.

Peltz

This game gets two OP's?

Man, GAF loves its Uncharteds and its Lasts of Us's and other Naughty dogged doo-hickeys.

Do people play these games for the multiplayer? I always assumed they were more of an afterthought.

The Lamp

This game gets two OP's?

Man, GAF loves its Uncharteds and its Lasts of Us's and other Naughty dogged doo-hickeys.

Do people play these games for the multiplayer? I always assumed they were more of an afterthought.

The multiplayer is very good. These are rare games where both single and multiplayer are good.

bitbydeath

This game gets two OP's?

ND didn't really get good at multiplayer til TLOU.... IMO

Rudiano

Banned
Yes? And you will get more LP for custom loadouts as you continue to play.

oh really? and theres others here saying that adding any more to that loadout would make it OP lol its stupid that pre-sets would be better then a starting a custom loadout. Just forces players to use them instead of creating their own. From what I've just seen it will take a long time just to unlock 1 LP...let alone 4 which the pre-set has more of.

xxracerxx

oh really? and theres others here saying that adding any more to that loadout would make it OP lol its stupid that pre-sets would be better then a starting a custom loadout. Just forces players to use them instead of creating their own

I think that loadout will be overpowered with a mystical, just like the pre-set one.

Just finished the game. Whew! This game is great and I can't wait to see what ND does next.

You already hit Prestige?

Top Bottom