• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

maxcriden

It's super cute. Got mine too. We're in a special club today spookyfish! it's rare for me to get stuff early too. Got it delivered at like 8 PM, quickly wrapped it and gave it to my wife, who was psyched and now Young Link stands next to 8-bit Link (unopened).

LiK, RootCause, TheSuperSakura - glad yours shipped, it will be well worth the wait. IMO one of the nicest looking amiibos and blows away the BOTW ones that I saw in store at least. WhiteRabbitEXE, fingers crossed for yours to ship ASAP!

It's super cute. Got mine too. We're in a special club today spookyfish! it's rare for me to get stuff early too. Got it delivered at like 8 PM, quickly wrapped it and gave it to my wife, who was psyched and now Young Link stands next to 8-bit Link (unopened).

LiK, RootCause, TheSuperSakura - glad yours shipped, it will be well worth the wait. IMO one of the nicest looking amiibos and blows away the BOTW ones that I saw in store at least. WhiteRabbitEXE, fingers crossed for yours to ship ASAP!
Awe, thanks! Mine is still in the preparing phase but I'm confident it will arrive safe and sound. Same goes for WhiteRabbitEXE! I'm glad you got yours early for your wife! The only thing I've ever gotten early was the BotW Zelda amiibo. I got her a day early. :) I also got Ever Oasis so I'm excited for that too! Anyone else pick that game up?

Tomita

I missed preorders for the newest anniversary Link's so I'm just gonna venture out into the wild on Friday and try my best. LOL. At least I don't really give a damn if I can't get the Twilight exclusive from Gamestop. Mostly just want the Majora's Mask one, and Best Buy is slightly less of a dick than Gamestop.

Also, I feel like they won't do any reprints for the anniversary ones and I'm still butthurt about missing out on the 8-bit Link ): And I only just got a Switch last week / just started playing Breath of the Wild, and now I want a Guardian amiibo...fml.

Thoraxes

I'm gonna hope BB puts up more MM Link. They sometimes just put them up wholesale on the day of, despite doing pre-orders beforehand.

My tough thing is gonna be the SS Link, since i'm still waiting on a new card from my bank (was a victim of the Gamestop hack).

LiK

Looks like 30th anniversary reprints are happening in Japan at least. I just checked eBay and there's a ton of Japanese sellers selling them as preorders. I thought I was seeing things but I'm gonna wait and see. There's hope!

Chorazin

MM will be here tomorrow, Gamestop charged me but apparently it won't ship until tomorrow, and who fucking knows what Amazon is up to!

Majora's Mask will be waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. I'm fairly confident the Skyward Sword will be up for a decent amount of time tomorrow, so I'm not super worried about that one.

The one I'm worried most about is Twilight Princess. I missed the pre-order window on that one and tomorrow is my wife's birthday, plus I'll be working, so I'm not going to get a chance to go look for it until Saturday. I'm pretty sure they're aren't going to be any around by then. I might have a little bit of time over lunch tomorrow, but am not hopeful! I hope there's a restock someday or that the imports are affordable. I have every single amiibo and have never had to pay more than MSRP. That may be coming to an end!

AdanVC

Wow that MM Link looks amazing. Face doesn't look weird like past Link amiibo anymore. Nintendo finally mastered the craft of plastic figures.

RootCause

Thanks. Hoping to snatch a SS Link tomorrow. :)

Tomita

Looks like 30th anniversary reprints are happening in Japan at least. I just checked eBay and there's a ton of Japanese sellers selling them as preorders. I thought I was seeing things but I'm gonna wait and see. There's hope!

Awesome! There's hope afterall! (Also Nintendo doesn't completely hate money :p)

maxcriden

Thanks. Hoping to snatch a SS Link tomorrow. :)

Good luck! :)

On a semi-related note, I'm still disappointed Skyward Link isn't on the Loftwing....

legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-loftwing.jpg

Granted I know F4F has a figure but I would have liked to have seen an amiibo like this.

The MM Link really sets my nostalgia aflame. I remember seeing the concept art way back when for Young Link holding the Goron Mask....

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Will be tough tomorrow... Training at my work tomorrow, so I'll need to remember to sneak some peeks at my phone throughout tomorrow :x

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got my shipping email from Amazon Canada for my SS Link and it'll be here tomorrow. I'm so glad they put it up for preorder back in April here unlike what they're doing in the US.

spookyfish

Good luck! :)

On a semi-related note, I'm still disappointed Skyward Link isn't on the Loftwing....

Granted I know F4F has a figure but I would have liked to have seen an amiibo like this.

The MM Link really sets my nostalgia aflame. I remember seeing the concept art way back when for Young Link holding the Goron Mask....

Agreed on the loftwing part. I just imported the MH Stories amiibo, and they are gorgeous. Link on a loftwing would be so doable, as those attest.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh crap, right, gotta pre-order P2 Corrin from Amazon. Hoping I can also get Young Link from Best Buy while pre-ordering some other amiibo in the process. Guess I'll check this thread throughout the night for any updates.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have the link where it only shows the Amiibo "currently not available" on Amazon? I saw it somewhere on here, where only the coming soon ones were listed.

Want to have that open on my phone so I can refresh a lot...

Jawmuncher

Does anyone have the link where it only shows the Amiibo "currently not available" on Amazon? I saw it somewhere on here, where only the coming soon ones were listed.

Want to have that open on my phone so I can refresh a lot...
If you're gonna have your phone I'd recommend just making a twitter account and having it set to give you notifications for Wario64 and AmiiboAlerts.

Those two always put up the amiibos the instant they go up

Jawmuncher

I doubt they put em up at midnight. They didn't last night for the Fire Emblem amiibo. Then it'll probably be a prime exclusive as well.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Youbg Link on BB.com went from Coming Soon to Sold Out.

Ssiiigggghhhhh....

I bet they were probably already sold out, and just flicked tye switch when they went "live".

I set my alarm for 11:55 to check Amazon tonight, if I fall asleep. Personally would work for me at midnight, because of busy(ish) work tomorrow.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, nothing. I'm going to guess noon PST tomorrow. I do miss those emails telling us what hour, so we can ya know, plan :/

Edit: 2 Links got listed just now by third parties... people stealing from Amazon or imported?

Well, nothing. I'm going to guess noon PST tomorrow. I do miss those emails telling us what hour, so we can ya know, plan :/

Edit: 2 Links got listed just now by third parties... people stealing from Amazon or imported?

They're being assholes and counting their eggs before they're in the basket.

Top Bottom