• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Aqua Blue PS Vita from Japan with a 16gb card - very excited.

I was watching a video of a game called "Heart Forth, Alicia". When does that come out?

i'm pretty sure they claimed this too with the PS4 version of Nonary Games, even having a PEGI rated image on their site and people got the ESRB rated version come release day

Well... that sucks. Now I'm confused again lol.

It's only for vanity reasons I want the EU release, so it fits with my EU version of Sen no Kiseki I and II and Ys MoC.

Well... that sucks. Now I'm confused again lol.

It's only for vanity reasons I want the EU release, so it fits with my EU version of Sen no Kiseki I and II and Ys MoC.

Go for 365games/Shop4DE/Shop4World (all the same) if you want to be safe. Base sold the US and EU-Version for Nonary games, hence the mix up, but the EU-Version for Period Cube. Base also charge shipping again for another added game, so you don't really save some money for purchasing two games.

Go for 365games/Shop4DE/Shop4World (all the same) if you want to be safe. Base sold the US and EU-Version for Nonary games, hence the mix up, but the EU-Version for Period Cube. Base also charge shipping again for another added game, so you don't really save some money for purchasing two games.

To be fair, I think I've used 365 before and they've been fine... maybe I will :)

edit: Balls. Shantae was like $25 on Play-Asia, now it's out of stock and I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing there's little chance of a restock in the future?

oldmario

To be fair, I think I've used 365 before and they've been fine... maybe I will :)

edit: Balls. Shantae was like $25 on Play-Asia, now it's out of stock and I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing there's little chance of a restock in the future?

shantae has been oos for the last couple weeks, i saw LRG josh tweeting about it around the time saying now is the time to get it if you want it at a good price

kunonabi

Taking a look at that list there might be 32 games on my radar depending on whether or not they have PS4/PC releases. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet on bigger memory cards.

mollipen

shantae has been oos for the last couple weeks, i saw LRG josh tweeting about it around the time saying now is the time to get it if you want it at a good price

Yeah, I didn't realize that it was getting hard to find until one of the WayForward team happened to tell me that at E3, and then I was like, dammit.

Shizuka

The first sign that Shantae was becoming tough to find was a week after release, when it was mentioned that Best Buy had the game sold out and wasn't getting any additional stock ever.

mollipen

I've been a terrible judge at times on when to pick up stuff. Some things I thought were going to be gone ASAP I snagged right away, only to still be around for much lower prices quite a while later. On the other side, some of the "I can wait on this" stuff has disappeared before I even had a chance to realize.

Shizuka

There are several really rare Vita titles nowadays, but I have almost all of them and I only really care for the japanese ones. The next ones I need to get ASAP are Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Project Diva X.

I've been a terrible judge at times on when to pick up stuff. Some things I thought were going to be gone ASAP I snagged right away, only to still be around for much lower prices quite a while later. On the other side, some of the "I can wait on this" stuff has disappeared before I even had a chance to realize.

I tend to be quite good with it, I've gotten most of the (now rare) Asian-English titles while I could.

This one flew by me though. Same as Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus which I had to pay more than I was willing for in order to get an Asian-English (not even USA-English) version.

I tend to be quite good with it, I've gotten most of the (now rare) Asian-English titles while I could.

This one flew by me though. Same as Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus which I had to pay more than I was willing for in order to get an Asian-English (not even USA-English) version.

I somehow got lucky on Shinovi Versus and got it from Gamefly for $20 a few months ago while they were selling off extra copies. Ended up getting a like new cart/case and full LE extra that looked like they were never touched. Despite me thinking the game was trash next to Estival and especially Valkyrie Drive, I felt pretty good about getting it at that price.

Jimrpg

Always knew Shantae was going to be rough to get down the line. :( Glad I got one earlier.

Things I still want are Odin Sphere (still $50?), FFX and FFX2 (the digital code will be fine). Other things I think I'm fine just picking up digitally on sale as I'm happy with my physical collection as it is. It'll save me a lot of money that way.

So, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Aqua Blue PS Vita from Japan with a 16gb card - very excited.

I was watching a video of a game called "Heart Forth, Alicia". When does that come out?

Picked up the blue myself this year and it's amazing. Congrats. Trying to sell my original OLED now.

For the secondary Vita for fan translations:
1) how do you purchase your second Vita? I assume it needs to be at a version that allows you to install Henkaku.
2) is it worth it? Are there enough titles out there that haven't come west that one can purchase that has fan translations? There are some titles that seem interesting, like PS Nova, the Trails reduxes and some other rpgs, but not sure if they have anything.

I somehow got lucky on Shinovi Versus and got it from Gamefly for $20 a few months ago while they were selling off extra copies. Ended up getting a like new cart/case and full LE extra that looked like they were never touched. Despite me thinking the game was trash next to Estival and especially Valkyrie Drive, I felt pretty good about getting it at that price.

Lucky. I kinda regret what I paid for it. Decent, but not the fantastic game I was hoping it'd be.

Picked up the blue myself this year and it's amazing. Congrats. Trying to sell my original OLED now.

Haha, I'm thinking of getting rid of my OLED too. Battery is going and I find the slim better in general - more comfy and the screen doesn't bother me.

I think music is still the most underrated feature in video games. Sometimes I get the feeling it's all about graphics, which is still interesting to discuss, but good music adds so much more to the atmosphere. Well, atleast for me.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
I think the reason the atelier series and pretty much every falcom game reasonates so well with me it's because of their soundtrack is so good and well produced.

And sound effects are just as important, the other day i was playing freedom wars (finally got the platinum too) after 3~4 months and the ambience in the outer areas is good, felt almost nostagic hearing the announcements from the speaker, the sound from the abductors are quite fitting too.

i think i can mention every game i like pointing out sound stuff that makes it remarkable for me.

I think music is still the most underrated feature in video games. Sometimes I get the feeling it's all about graphics, which is still interesting to discuss, but good music adds so much more to the atmosphere. Well, atleast for me.

I think the reason the atelier series and pretty much every falcom game reasonates so well with me it's because of their soundtrack is so good and well produced.

And sound effects are just as important, the other day i was playing freedom wars (finally got the platinum too) after 3~4 months and the ambience in the outer areas is good, felt almost nostagic hearing the announcements from the speaker, the sound from the abductors are quite fitting too.

i think i can mention every game i like pointing out sound stuff that makes it remarkable for me.

Ahh, like-minded people!

To be honest, I was inspired to write this article while I was writing my review of Spyro and I realised just how much the music transforms that game. I mean, it's a fantastic game without; but it's a mind-blowing game with.

Falcom & Gust are absolutely at the top of my list in terms of Vita music, both make tracks that turn good RPG's into fantastic RPG's. I think Gust benefit most, because Atelier might become a bit plodding and boring without it yet with it, the games are literally magical.

mollipen

I mean, it's not Vita, but Nier: Automata was such a perfect 2017 example of that. The game wasn't perfect gameplay-wise, but having that soundtrack playing as you explore the world or fight its bosses added that emotional attachment that a game with better design but not as good of music wouldn't have had.

#Velocity2X #CriticalMassEdition will be delayed until later in the summer, full details here: http://badlandindie.com/?p=4119

https://twitter.com/BadLandGamesINT/status/877857414019596288

Mary Skelter Nightmares also has a new release date at Amazon.de -> 22. September 2017.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MU1GCD4/

Well, I already called it. September will be packed.

I mean, it's not Vita, but Nier: Automata was such a perfect 2017 example of that. The game wasn't perfect gameplay-wise, but having that soundtrack playing as you explore the world or fight its bosses added that emotional attachment that a game with better design but not as good of music wouldn't have had.

Couldn't agree more. NieR Automata is my GOTY.

Cornbread78

you guys would probably know best.

What's a good price to sell Dungeon Travelers 2 for? I see it's $40-$50+ on Amazon and EBay.

If I include the pre-order calendar, is that worth getting more money?

Ha. I literally placed an order for this last night, thinking "it's a week from release... it must be happening!"

Had to cancel it now. It was with 365games, they'd already pre-charged my card but not taken any payment, hope it's not too much of a faff.

Mary Skelter Nightmares also has a new release date at Amazon.de -> 22. September 2017.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MU1GCD4/

Well, I already called it. September will be packed.

If this was a July or August game I'd have room for it, but no chance in September lol.

Takao

Banned
so, despite the fact that both the psp and vita versions of the app have been out on UK PSN for years, the Invizimals TCG is only now getting released in the UK

kresnik, look out for them in clearance bins by december

there's a second tcg line with an app (invizimals: new alliance), but the vita version seems to have been spain and portugal only

so, despite the fact that both the psp and vita versions of the app have been out on UK PSN for years, the Invizimals TCG is only now getting released in the UK

there's a second tcg line with an app (invizimals: new alliance), but the vita version seems to have been spain and portugal only
The handling of the Invizimals franchise is seriously fascinating. I never know what they're gonna do next.

Ha. I'll keep an eye out.

Not that I'm playing any more Invizimals after the mess that was The Alliance.

Sony just doesn't know what to do with this franchise. I'm surprised it's still alive tbh.

jzbluz

Not the most upcoming Vita gamesy-est article I've ever written, but I've finished my most recent one which is looking at OST's on Vita. Before you jump on me, list is based only on games I've actually played. Hence no Persona and I'm sure many other omissions:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/a-tour-through-the-soundtrack-highs-of-vita/

I'm surprised you haven't played Persona. Hype backlash?

Nurse Love Addiction is up on PSN Store.

Was going to buy it but it's $54 while it's on sale on Steam for $21. I'm not that dedicated to Yuri so I'll wait for a sale on Vita.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/seven-minutes-lost-child-gameplay

Post game dungeon that takes 300 hours to clear? Medicine for my soul.

(Pls, don't suck).

Why.

Jimrpg

Quick question is Ys Origins on Steam the same as the Vita version? It's 70% off and I think I'm just going to cancel my Playasia Vita order. There's a 10x difference, just $2.50 in Malaysia.

Haha, I'm thinking of getting rid of my OLED too. Battery is going and I find the slim better in general - more comfy and the screen doesn't bother me.

Yeah the slim is really great and I feel like I have more peace of mind that the console is newer going forward. Going to get another backup slim when I sell the OLED.

Quick question is Ys Origins on Steam the same as the Vita version? It's 70% off and I think I'm just going to cancel my Playasia Vita order. There's a 10x difference, just $2.50 in Malaysia.

The only differences are the Steam version has blood when you hit enemies and the Vita version doesn't, and the Steam version runs at 60 fps while the Vita one has slowdown issues on some bosses.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Mmm, being a somewhat maniacal life-long VGM fan (700 physical soundtracks and counting, woo), thinking back on the greatest Vita music is interesting. Every Falcom game because duh. The House in Fata Morgana. Seiken Densetsu/Adventures of Mana. The Chaos Rings tetralogy. P4G. Ateliers. Far too much fabulousness!

Also, if you're in NA, Fry's has Odin Sphere in stock and will apparently price match GameStop's $29.99. It's only $36.99 as it is. -Steal-.

I'm surprised you haven't played Persona. Hype backlash?

Sort of. When I bought my Vita, one of the first games I played on it was Persona 3 Portable on the back of Persona-hype.

Put 30 hours in and thought... this is fine, but I'm not really having much fun. So I dropped it.

And had no real interest in picking up the franchise again since.

Mmm, being a somewhat maniacal life-long VGM fan (700 physical soundtracks and counting, woo), thinking back on the greatest Vita music is interesting. Every Falcom game because duh. The House in Fata Morgana. Seiken Densetsu/Adventures of Mana. The Chaos Rings tetralogy. P4G. Ateliers. Far too much fabulousness!

Some interesting choices in there... that we don't have in the west :(

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Sort of. When I bought my Vita, one of the first games I played on it was Persona 3 Portable on the back of Persona-hype.

Put 30 hours in and thought... this is fine, but I'm not really having much fun. So I dropped it.

And had no real interest in picking up the franchise again since.

Some interesting choices in there... that we don't have in the west :(

I'd bet a hefty sum on at least one of those making it over :3

Chaos Rings will, however, be the greatest and saddest of mysteries :/

Elements Garden just kills the BGM so hard in this series...

I've no idea if this is common knowledge, but I literally found out today that you can access Crash Bash on Vita... well, a beta version of it. That has all the levels in at least!

You need Spyro 3 to access it. Apparently the Crash Bash demo in that game can access a cheat menu that has access to everything. Mind blown! Was writing an article about PS1 classics missing from Vita store (which included Crash Bash) then found this. So awesome:

https://www.crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bash/unused-content/demos/cheat-menu/

I'm playing it right now, and other than the fact that you can't really progress because it's just a level selector, it's mad fun having the whole game here.

There are several really rare Vita titles nowadays, but I have almost all of them and I only really care for the japanese ones. The next ones I need to get ASAP are Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Project Diva X.

I'm seeing this more and more as well. Thankfully I've got all the English games up to date so that's no issue, its the Japanese games that I'm grabbing a few of each month as and when I can. Doesn't help that prices seem to wildly fluctuate at the moment either for Japanese releases...

Shizuka

accel-world-vs-sword-art-online-english-subs-519149.8.jpg

Out next month.

Top Bottom