• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

windfish

managed to do a few pulls earlier, wished I didn't.

10 tickets got me two golds ... Nine and WoL
2 BCL and the best of the bunch... Ingus.

Who is the one we really want here?

I used 2 tickets and the 4* EX ticket and got Black Cat Lid and Illusionist Nichol.

Hoping I can just stop here.

Vashetti

Banned
Used the 10+1.

drOR9fc.png

Now I too can complain about no enhancements! My luck for rainbows lately has been crazy, Onion Knight, Queen, Delita and Ramza in such a short time.

Syntsui

First multi rainbow, third Dark Fina. Did 5x multis to get one Nichol and one Jake. Depressing as fuck.

Edit: another rainbow, dupe Orlandu. I give up.

Kouriozan

As expected, Cerberus was too easy, went in without changing equips so no paralyze (except Tilith with Ribbon)/fire/death resist and still won with all missions, nobody even died.

Wazzy

Banned
I did 15 ticket pulls and got a shit ton of Black Cat Lids, Desch and finally last pull was a rainbow and I pulled Grimlord Sakura.

StarVigil

Anyone have a unit here that can Solo Cerberus for me?
941 774 780
I could train awake my second Ashe over the weekend so I can chain properly I assume. Just need a nice finisher. Also, any tips for team comps and priorities? Thing is that I basically have no event items and no tmrs yet. I do have 100 Star Quartz that I wanna buy two cat ears with for my Ashe.
My current team is:
Setzer
Ashe
9S(non tmr)
Charlotte
Aria
————
4*/ 5* units
Second Ashe
Second Setzer
Merc Ramza
Firion
Veritas of the Earth
Amelia
Silvia
Xon
Veritas of Heavens
Veritas of Waters
Mercedes
Luka
Soleil

fionel

[JP] Wow the weapon enhancement is quite interesting. You go through 10 floors per cycle with the typical raid orbs and after you clear each floor you're presented with 3 random abilities you can tack on to your chosen weapon. You're limited to 3 slots per weapon but you can overwrite abilities in the same run. Abilities will be erased and you will start from scratch on repeated runs - so you can't just keep grinding until you get all the BiS abilities. And there are rare abilities for each weapon type. For example for swords right now you can get a rare ability of 15%hp/15%atk. If you come across that AND a 15% atk ability for another slot you can get 30% atk on your sword! Pretty crazy stuff.

I'm in the middle of a run with my Onion Sword and got a 10% atk, 5% hp, and auto-def up lv1 on it so far. I think we can all agree this is way better than your typical raid event.

Rixa

As expected, Cerberus was too easy, went in without changing equips so no paralyze (except Tilith with Ribbon)/fire/death resist and still won with all missions, nobody even died.

Took me 2 tries, first try I wanted to see how much I can do damage at first turn with 5 man :D. Well couldn't kill it so I was toasted, 2nd try tossed FV away and took Wilhelm. Obviously every turn Cerberus casted Death skill it worked :p. Anyways got all mission done on 2nd try.

[JP] Wow the weapon enhancement is quite interesting.

Sounds very interesting indeed.

Cerberus was easy, event stages were easy, skeleton key stages were easy.

Yeah, it was easy.

Tickets from event gave me trash. Pulls of note for this banner were Black Cat Lid x2 & Illusionist Nichol. Total pulls were 5x tickets, 1x 4* EX ticket, 10+1 ticket and 1x daily.

I think I’m done here. :)

Alkez

Used my 5* EX ticket - Ramza #3
Did 2 multis - 5 yellows, 1 Jake
Proceeded to spend 17 tickets - blue to yellow to rainbow - Sakura! Yay.

Still no Nichol though :(

Are there any moogles from this event?

across

The Halloween event gameplay loop is this:

Castle Dungeon (BGN/ADV/ELT) -> (1 Key / 2 Keys / 3 Keys) - though a Redditor apparently got a double key drop from the ELT boss. edit: confirmed, ELT boss can drop two keys.

Castle Keep (BGN/ADV/ELT) -> (Awakening Mats / Cactuars+Turtles / Crysts)

Castle Keep takes no NRG, only keys - it's 10 NRG per Key and you need 5 keys for doing Keep ELT. Keep ELT is 4 waves of 4 enemies each, all of whom can drop crysts. It's like Chamber of Gems in that T1/T2s are normal drops and T3s and T4s pop as 'rare' loot. Drop rates feel high to me, but jury's out on whether it's actually more efficient than the Chamber of Gems. You're gaining more crysts numerically but losing the ability to "target" specific ones.

With GL changes switching up what awakenings require what crysts, that may not be a bad thing.

Wave 1: White/Black
Wave 2: Power/Green
Wave 3: Guard/Healing
Wave 4: Tech/Support

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
pirate jake on my 1/2 price daily. Yarr?

Syntsui

50 tickets - 1 Nichol
2 10 + 1s - nothing

Damn, what stinks in here?
You got the best unit on the banner, stay away from it.

I fucked up my wallet hard to get two Jakes for the TM and I'm not happy with myself right now. Should have stopped when I got one Nichol without spending a cent.

Rixa

^^ Thanks @Norn.

Iam done with banner, used 2 tix I got from BGN & INT event dungeons...
2 Golds in a row:

1 Daily
16 Tix
10+1 Tix
10+1 Lapis Multi
= 2 Jake, 1 Nichol, 1 GLS, other great 4* units in 39 pulls
= 5250 Lapis used.

Alkez

I thought Sakura would require her TM, but I realised that may not be the case at all. For some reason I was thinking her LB would take on the elemental properties, but it's purely magic damage, so maybe using a rod will be better. She get's passives from single wielding 1 and 2 handed weapons, as opposed to just the latter.

^^ Thanks @Norn.

2 Golds in a row:

1 Daily
16 Tix
10+1 Tix
10+1 Lapis Multi
= 5250 Lapis used.

Damn Rixa, nice haul!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Does anyone have a friend ayakka or rikku they can put up? i got cerberus to about 30% before wiping, and I don't have anyone with reraise.

vato_loco

Used the 10+1 and got:

gBIeSZ2.png

Hell, I'll take it. I didn't have Darklord so at least I got one hell of a unit.

Use up all my normal and EX tickets, Pure Crapcryst.

Fuck it, use 10k lapis.

At least give me a Zidane already, dammit!

c-murph

lol Did an 11 pull, Two 10+1 Ticket pulls, two x 4* Tickets, 4* Ex Ticket and three ticket pulls and got garbage. Literally one Black Cat Lit unit out of all that. Gg Gumi, gg.

Edit: Used my 5* EX ticket because pissy. Got 2nd Orlandeau. I feel a little better now.

Rokuren

The Halloween event gameplay loop is this:

Thanks for the writeup!

Ended up pulling on the banner.
2 11-Pulls
1 10+1 Ticket
10 Tickets

4 black cat lid.
Total of 4 gold all off-banner
1 Grim Lord Sakura
and 1 Knight Delita

No Illusionist Nichol, but overall it went pretty well.

Celegus

50 tickets - 1 Nichol
2 10 + 1s - nothing

Damn, what stinks in here?
Oof, reeks indeed. Did you use your 5* ticket yet? Thought I might wait till next week for mine.

Well past 300 summons without seeing a rainbow now (overall, not just this banner)

RedZaraki

Banned
Can two separate AOE chains occur at the same time, without breaking the chains of each?

Specifically, can I chain two Trance Terra Chaos Waves at the same time I'm chaining two Ashe Heaven's Fury?

across

Can two separate AOE chains occur at the same time, without breaking the chains of each?

Specifically, can I chain two Trance Terra Chaos Waves at the same time I'm chaining two Ashe Heaven's Fury?

No. They'll chain together, though, so I have no idea why you would want to do this.

Rokuren

Hmm, to farm crysts or cactuars; do we have a raid coming up soon? I still haven't leveled Orlandeu or Aileen to say nothing of GrimLord Sakura and Knight Delita.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
3-4 10+1 tickets
15k lapis
Some tickets

Only a handful of BCLid. That's it. Dozens of off banner golds. Definitely not spending money on this banner just for Nichol. Lol.

I am still resource poor from the Ayaka banner, but I did manage to scrape together exactly 5,000 lapis for this banner. I decided to use the free 11 pull first... for science.

It was honestly one of the worst pulls I've ever had, and that's saying a lot. My gold was Rosa, and the rest were blues the likes of Anzelm and Russel. It was painful.

Okay, so I moved on to the 3 tickets from the event. I got BCL (which I had from last Halloween) and two more garbage blues. I probably should have stopped there, but decided what the hell. Used my entire stock of lapis and did another 11 pull.

I got Grim Lord Sakura and Pirate Jake.

I really, really shouldn't complain, but the one unit I actually wanted from this banner was Illusionist Nichol, so I'm feeling bummed that the gold went the wrong way. But Jake's TM is pretty stellar and I'm sure I'll find a use at some point for Sakura so overall it's a good haul.

Now I just have to figure out how the hell to use GLSakura and if Jake is even worth leveling.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
^^ Thanks @Norn.

2 Golds in a row:

1 Daily
16 Tix
10+1 Tix
10+1 Lapis Multi
= 5250 Lapis used.

Damn Rixa..you did good..like really good :eek:

I did 1 Multi vai Lapis on my old as well as used the 10+1 Ticket. Pretty much all trash except a Illusionist Nichol - so thats cool. Still would have preferred a 5* chainer.

Between all these Support/Tank units on that account i have a hard time figuring out what lineup is the best anymore.

Ayaka
Rikku
WoL
VotE
Wilhelm
9S
Ling
Soleil

Getting kinda ridiculous - also have one Rikku and 9S TM on that account. Assuming save two spots for damage dealers (Agrias/Olive)...and have 3 spots left - what combination would you say is the strongest ? Ayaka is a given i would say...but between the other ones im not sure anyway.

And what would be the Top 4 if i only use a single Spot for a damage dealer.

Right now im thinking Ayaka, Wilhelm, WoL, Soleil...but im not sure...havent looked into it but read that Nichol + Wilhelm might be a kickass combo as well.

PS: I also finished the Story Mode on that account and have a 100% Moogle now - but dont know where to invest in. Would love to have kind of unkillable Ayaka but i dont think i have them TMs for that ..lol.

Whizkid7

Used 10+1 ticket, Nichol. Nice! Burned 5k lapis, 6 golds, 2nd Nichol, all rest off banner. Dammit, I just want the pirate, I love pirates, cmon...

19 tickets and 2 4* tickets later, still no Jake. Sigh, I give up for now. Saving the rest of my tickets.

Out of curiosity go to check EX tickets, find I have a leftover 4* one, use it and...

Q9Mzt5I.jpg

Man, what is with these off banner rainbows? TT, now Wilhelm? Not gonna complain, another good tank is welcome.

Top Bottom