• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

MattJon

Oh hi, should I have been sold this today?

43Z9YJ5.jpg

Couple more things I've done:

My constantly updated rover recovery set, would be nice if the 3-ball connector for the "hands" of the mech had a 2-ball variant.

Big dragon is big. I think it would be structurally sound IRL, but who knows... I might redesign the head a bit, I like the way the creator T-rex does the jaws.

That dragon is beautiful. Any instructions on that?

I could send you the LDD file, which generates building instructions, but keep in mind that I build in the LDD extended mode so many of the parts I use don't exist in the color they appear.

I have no idea what kind a rainbow-dragon it would be if built in available colors! lol

Osahi

Jang has posted a Scouttrooper video.

Its so beauttiful. But way to expensiv :(

Yeah, looks really cool.

Found it a strange review though. His opening sentences about this set being 'interesting', made me believe he would have some serious negatives later on in the video. But it was in the end all quite positive...

Still awaiting how much this thing will cost over here. It's one of those sets I don't want to miss, but I'll only get from amazon.de probably when it plummeted in price.

Yeah, looks really cool.

Found it a strange review though. His opening sentences about this set being 'interesting', made me believe he would have some serious negatives later on in the video. But it was in the end all quite positive...

Still awaiting how much this thing will cost over here. It's one of those sets I don't want to miss, but I'll only get from amazon.de probably when it plummeted in price.

I want to get it since I'm a huge Scout Trooper fan, but I already have the Figuarts version, and there's really nowhere to put it. It would be very useful as a desk toy for work, but we're losing our offices later this year so I can't have private stuff there anymore.

DonShula

Target has 20% off Star Wars sets this week, with the exception of stuff that's already on sale (boo) and hard-to-find (of course).

Anyone whose Target has the 6/1 stuff out early might benefit. Mine didn't have any of the new sets yet.

I did finally get the Desert Skiff Escape. Really don't like these retailer exclusives - bad for consumers.

Ponn

Banned
Jang seemed to like the LBM Ultimate Batmobile set. Seeing it reviewed it reminds me alot of a certain Galaxy Squad set that was beloved around here. Saturn V is a must get on the 1st but I have a feeling with the LBM bluray release my budget and wallet be damned i'm going to end up picking it up.

Moar:

Not-so-big Dragon:
34655718841_74687c70b6_o.png

The metallic/pearl colors don't render too well, as you can see.

Random Spacecraft:
33945917614_4da17f1399_o.png

The wings are built with studs up and down in a way that's not possible anymore, I think -- I used the old hinged plates with the fork-like connections to basically make plates with studs on both sides. The cockpit also rotates freely.

Large Mech:
33945917564_770a8751e0_o.png

One I keep adding to/changing as new parts are put into LDD. Gotta change the feet though, they're just the ones from the Exo-Suit.

Space Marine Squad:
33979236513_cf0360f913_o.png

Also one I keep adding to/changing. The torso of the smaller battlesuit is a stand-in for the torso from the Nexo Knights battlesuit things, it should be just about the same dimensions and have the same connections.

BattleMech w/ weapons:

Wait the bus station is $50? Thats super bullshit. Should be $30 max. Shame, guess I'll have to wait a year for it to be 40% off cause I'm not supporting that shit.

_Rob_

Just grabbed the Parisian Restaurant ( 10243), thanks to everyone that helped me make the decision! I can't wait for the bank holiday weekend now!

willp2003

Just grabbed the Parisian Restaurant ( 10243), thanks to everyone that helped me make the decision! I can't wait for the bank holiday weekend now!

I look forward to your next post declaring that you've bought the rest of them! (It will happen!)

I'm off to IKEA to get some more shelving space so I can start building the 4 modulars still boxed up.

_Rob_

I look forward to your next post declaring that you've bought the rest of them! (It will happen!)

I'm off to IKEA to get some more shelving space so I can start building the 4 modulars still boxed up.

I both look forward to, and fear this reality. I spent the weekend clearing shelf space myself (it was about time those megadrive games went into storage anyway!).

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I may need a new shelf for Saturn V.

Bought the polybag R2 from BrickLink for £15. Had to be done. Note to Lego - if you want to bankrupt me just being out all your architecture and SW OT sets in multiple scales

Haines

Banned
I bought my very first Lego stuff today.

I bought Lego city bulldozer on sale to build with my 4 year old son and my grandfather. He is retired now but started a very successful excavating and construction company.

Also bought a mega blocks tmnt classic party wagon to build with the kiddo when he is a little older.

I know nothing of Lego. Do most people just tear down and rebuild sets over and over?

It's all so expensive I've always avoided it.

I bought my very first Lego stuff today.

I bought Lego city bulldozer on sale to build with my 4 year old son and my grandfather. He is retired now but started a very successful excavating and construction company.

Also bought a mega blocks tmnt classic party wagon to build with the kiddo when he is a little older.

I know nothing of Lego. Do most people just tear down and rebuild sets over and over?

It's all so expensive I've always avoided it.

Kids wind up with favorite sets that stay built forever and a bucket of random stuff to mess around with. I had a bucket as a kid whose origins I can't remember. There were city sets, pirates, knights, so much random stuff and I just made whatever. The "make shit up" phase and the "play with what I built" phase were equally important. Once broken down, stuff rarely returned to its original form. The star wars and Harry Potter sets from later in my childhood were never fully absorbed into the mass though.

Us nerds either spend way too damn much, design crazy intricate models from the remains of real sets, or both. Also I think some people do annual rebuilds of seasonal stuff like Christmas and Halloween sets

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ordered the Quadjumper from Amazon. I hope it's fun! It's the only new SW set I wanted.

I did the first 4 bags of 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed the frame. The handle and folding engines were fun to see come together. I hardly build with Technic so frames like this are enough to entertain me.

Looking forward to the rest of the build although I'm guessing the best parts may be over.

papluh

What tool do you use for inventory / purchase tracking if at all ?
I use Brickset for my collection showcase, but it seems not to be suitable for parted out or sold/swapped sets.
And with parts from BL, PaB, Lugbulk, I'm completely lost....

What tool do you use for inventory / purchase tracking if at all ?
I use Brickset for my collection showcase, but it seems not to be suitable for parted out or sold/swapped sets.
And with parts from BL, PaB, Lugbulk, I'm completely lost....
I have used rebrickable but haven't been good about keeping it updated on individual pieces that I buy via PAB or B&P. It can be autosynced with Brickset for your set inventory though.

The most recent Ideas Digest has an interview with the Ship in a Bottle creator. Hopefully that indicates a higher probability of the model's release.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yup. It's pretty big.

jPx1mEq.jpg

Give me all the pieces for this set, 10 years, and no instructions, and I would never have been able to figure out some of the building techniques on my own...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Also, it's surprisingly stable standing upright on a shelf.

And isn't the flag on the landing site an illegal connection? Thought that was a no-no.

RY6mOJw.jpg

built the bottom half of the saturn v, shits incredible. Its already big. I loved how the grilled section was put together, did NOT expect it to go like that. So clever.

Weevilone

B&N shipped the Saturn V from Philly, somehow 3 days..

If I vanish on the 25th it's b/c the wife does't appreciate huge Lego sets as much as I do.

Haines

Banned
Worked on the Lego city bulldozer with my son and my grandfather.

Got 2 out of 3 bags done in a couple hours between us. It was great fun and my grandfather loved putting a dozer together.

When I was trying to find construction equipment to build and ran across technic but being very expensive I was hoping to catch some on sale and never did.

I'm looking for simple things like bulldozers. Excavators. Loaders. Dump trucks.

Is the best place to look the lego.com store?

iosefe

Worked on the Lego city bulldozer with my son and my grandfather.

Got 2 out of 3 bags done in a couple hours between us. It was great fun and my grandfather loved putting a dozer together.

When I was trying to find construction equipment to build and ran across technic but being very expensive I was hoping to catch some on sale and never did.

I'm looking for simple things like bulldozers. Excavators. Loaders. Dump trucks.

Is the best place to look the lego.com store?
for getting straight from lego, shop.lego.com. for older sets, people like Target, Toys r us, and Walmart. Barnes and Noble also has LEGO if any are near you.
in the LEGO city theme, there is the LEGO City Sweeper and Excavator, the Volcano Crawler

there is a Demolition Site set as well, but is sold out online due to being over 2 years old. here is the brickset page for information: https://brickset.com/sets/60076-1/Demolition-Site

Holy fuck i just realised the real saturn v is within driving distance from me, Im gonna go down there with my lego one next weekend and take pictures

Haines

Banned
for getting straight from lego, shop.lego.com. for older sets, people like Target, Toys r us, and Walmart. Barnes and Noble also has LEGO if any are near you.
in the LEGO city theme, there is the LEGO City Sweeper and Excavator, the Volcano Crawler

there is a Demolition Site set as well, but is sold out online due to being over 2 years old. here is the brickset page for information: https://brickset.com/sets/60076-1/Demolition-Site

The sweeper and excavator and demo set both look kind of nice. I will keep an eye out for sure.

Kimd of wishing I kept an eye closer on the big construction technic sets to go on sale. I must be retarded bc I didn't even think of sets rotating out for new ones

Osahi

The most recent Ideas Digest has an interview with the Ship in a Bottle creator. Hopefully that indicates a higher probability of the model's release.
Don't want to rain on your parade, but they interview every nominee in the run-up to the announcement. Every week another one.

The sweeper and excavator and demo set both look kind of nice. I will keep an eye out for sure.

Kimd of wishing I kept an eye closer on the big construction technic sets to go on sale. I must be retarded bc I didn't even think of sets rotating out for new ones

There was a construction theme in the regular City line two years ago. You should still be able to track down some of those. I don't think City sets generally take off in cost.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogLi...&sortBy=N&sortAsc=A&sz=50&catType=S&catID=596

Anion

Finally finished my UCS Snowspeeder. Added to the fleet of UCS edition ships
I feel like I need a glass cabinet or something for these. Half of me is impressed that I spend pretty much $1k on these ships and the other half is shamelessly embarrassed lolololol

Plum

So I bought the Brick Bank yesterday and have just now sat down to start building it and, does anyone find laying the floor the worst part of every modular building build? It requires handling of a whole bunch of flat, hard-to-pick-up pieces and, because you're not going anywhere vertically, it doesn't feel like you're making major progress. Not a complaint, but it isn't the part I look forward to at all.

willp2003

So I bought the Brick Bank yesterday and have just now sat down to start building it and, does anyone find laying the floor the worst part of every modular building build? It requires handling of a whole bunch of flat, hard-to-pick-up pieces and, because you're not going anywhere vertically, it doesn't feel like you're making major progress. Not a complaint, but it isn't the part I look forward to at all.

I actually find laying all the tiles very satisfying. I don't like making a mistake and having to try and get it off the middle of a baseplate!
I've just started palace cinema today, I've also thrown out a load of old boxes that were filling up a cupboard. I'm just keeping ucs and modular boxes now.

Osahi

I can see what you're getting at, but I actually like it as usually the flooring is pretty well done, with geometrical shapes and the likes. Brick Banks floor is amazing in that regard, with the Nexo Shields.

I did find it less enjoyable in Assembly Square, as you have to connect 2 ground plates and it takes a while before it feels sturdy. For a long time I had the feeling the two plates would snap of each other.

Top Bottom