• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast 2 |OT| The Holy Trinity

terrible

Banned
I was really hoping it'd be available for pre-load on Steam but we still can't even buy it yet. What's the deal. Maybe I'll just get the disc release on PS4 then.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

It's been quite evident they've been taking the "less is more" approach, probably pretty confident after the original game that may be best for players and the game can likely find success without a big marketing campaign through word of mouth, people doing videos, etc.

I don't know if you guys can answer this, but when's review embargo? I kind of am guessing it's on Monday, but I don't know myself.

;)

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Lifeline

Enjoyed Outlast 1. One of the few horror games that have kept my interest for the entire campaign.

Gonna wait for a sale though $30 seems like a bit much, Outlast 1 took me like 4-5 hours to beat.

Granjinha

It's been quite evident they've been taking the "less is more" approach, probably pretty confident after the original game that may be best for players and the game can likely find success without a big marketing campaign through word of mouth, people doing videos, etc.

I don't know if you guys can answer this, but when's review embargo? I kind of am guessing it's on Monday, but I don't know myself.

Yeah, the embargo ends tomorrow.

Dusk Golem

KDC720

~10 hours is a long time for a hide n seek game. I enjoyed Whistleblower's brevity.

Yeah, I liked Outlast 1 well enough but the Whistleblower was a far better experience overall. Hell, even RE7 benefited from its shorter run time I think.

Still, creepy southern cult community is far more intriguing than creepy mental asylum, and Outlast is still one of the most absolutely fucked up games I've ever played so I may be tempted to grab it come Tuesday.

SZips

Reviews today?

Embargo lifts at 3PM (ET). This includes reviews, streams, videos, impressions, etc.

Just got my key tonight and played only about 45 minutes so far. It will be interesting to see how others feel about it come 3PM.

Anung

Un Rama
Looking forward this a whole bunch. Outlast was a very uneven experience with a strong opener that kind of went all over the place quality-wise from the midway point. Whistleblower is where they really got the formula right in my opinion with much tighter pacing, a more interesting supporting cast of weirdo's and the unique way the stories intersect. It certainly felt more confident.

I'm hoping they can jump the quality up again this time and deliver a truly horrid experience without the pitfalls of the first game. Namely a slightly more involved sandbox in terms of running away. I always thought they missed a beat by not stealing the more contextual actions like blocking doors and latching deadbolts from Call of Cthulhu instead of actually implementing some form of combat.

I completed my Whistleblower Insane run the other day so I'm totally ready to see what they've cooked up this time. No dispatch from Base yet :(

Se_7_eN

Q: Will this game be censored anywhere in the world?
A: Nope! The release is international, and no version of the game is being censored to another, which is something they pushed for.

I mean, this is kinda wrong isn't it? They pushed for it.. But backed out so they could release in Australia.

I enjoyed Outlast 1 and Whistle Blower (More so than 1). Like most others are saying, I did think it became quite stale after a while... It became very obvious when you were going to be running back down a hallway and the random mindless patrolling from enemies. Hopefully 2 is a big improvement. I don't watch trailers on horror games I intend to buy... So I guess I will find out this weekend.

Embargo lifts at 3PM (ET). This includes reviews, streams, videos, impressions, etc.

Just got my key tonight and played only about 45 minutes so far. It will be interesting to see how others feel about it come 3PM.

Huh, weird. A few streamers have said that they thought they would be playing "tonight", so it seems there still some confusion.

Wonder when the Steam page goes up.

Razilez

Is this likely to have a midnight release in the UK, or will it become available when the store is updated on Tuesday? Would prefer to be able to play it tonight if possible but not sure how likely that is,

And they did literally say they want this game to mentally break people compared to the first game which was just to scare people, though.

I'm so in. I've had the first game for quite a while and never picked it up. Should probably jump on that....if I can just get off overwatch.

Just saw the trophy list... one for a speed run (under 4 hours), one for no hiding, and one for completing Insane mode without changing the camera battery. That last one was the definition of nerve-wracking in the first game, but oh boy was it satisfying to complete. That rare feeling of complete mastery of a game.

Anung

Un Rama
Just saw the trophy list... one for a speed run (under 4 hours), one for no hiding, and one for completing Insane mode without changing the camera battery. That last one was the definition of nerve-wracking in the first game, but oh boy was it satisfying to complete. That rare feeling of complete mastery of a game.

Awww yisss can't wait to do some of these runs.

Does it have a platinum?

Dusk Golem

PC Gamer: 85

Long after the final minutes of Outlast 2, I felt queasy, uncertain that what I saw had actually happened. It's one of the most bizarre ending sequences I've witnessed, tapping into a fear I've known since my first week at Sunday school. It's not a fear about being hunted, artistic viscera spills, or neatly arranged corpses on spikes (though there's plenty of that stuff). It's fear of the drastic measures people will take to ensure their salvation, the burden of guilt, and whether or not the big guy up top exists and gives a damn.

holy shit

xRaizen

Holy fucking shit I am in, I don't care what anyone says, the first one was amazing and Whistleblower was even better.

I had NO idea this was already coming out! Looks like I'm absolutely set for tomorrow!

BOUGHT

Krakn3Dfx

Rest in peace, failed Kickstarter UNDERSCARES Outlast diaper.

63b19a91024657a1fa7a5d411c4211f8.png

I heard you can just squeeze the juice out by hand anyway.

Top Bottom