• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a wild ride. I cannot wait to see reactions among the non-readers for this season.

YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN YET FELLAS.

gdt

Ooooh didn't realize this was so soon. I thought it was late April. Can't wait! S1 started kinda uneven but got better and better each episode, where by the end it was pretty freaking epic. Need to rewatch it/pick up S1 BRD. Couldn't when it was on sale, getting it this week.

Salvadora

Ooooh didn't realize this was so soon. I thought it was late April. Can't wait! S1 started kinda uneven but got better and better each episode, where by the end it was pretty freaking epic. Need to rewatch it/pick up S1 BRD. Couldn't when it was on sale, getting it this week.

I'm re watching it and I have to agree.

I want to see the unaired Tamzin Merchant version of Dany some day.
Me too. She was a firecracker on The Tudors and it would be really interesting to see her take on Dany. I was disappointed when the unaired pilot (or at least some selected scenes from it that were changed in the final version) wasn't included on the DVD/BD.

Why does Emilia have long hair in all the promotional pics from ET and the trailers. shouldnt her hair be short after being in a funeral pyre and all?

Why doesn't Dany have purple eyes?
(Because it's hard to color match)

They're not going the bald route evidenced by the S1 finale, duder.

Thank God they didn't go with bald.
You take that back.

UpXzj.jpg

Rewatching the first season on the ray blue is so much better after having read the first four books.

I'm so ready for this.

Altazor

Can't wait! And considering it starts at the same time in Latin America than in the US (april 1st), I'm doubly excited!!!

And yes, Emilia looks really hot in that gif.

Also, DAT JAQEN.

(NOT A SERIES SPOILER)
Words are wind!

Bigfoot

This is going to be a wild ride. I cannot wait to see reactions among the non-readers for this season.

YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN YET FELLAS.

As a former non-reader for season 1, comments similar to this are the reason I'm glad that there will be a second thread that pretends the books don't exist.

Even ignoring spoilers, no non-reader likes being in a thread full of "wait until next episode, things get crazy" or "if you thought that was amazing, you haven't seen anything yet!"

Idde

SERIES SPOILERS SERIOUSLY DON'T CLICK
Series spoilers. Seriously don't click
Syrio!!!!!!!!! ;)

CoK spoilers:
I always hoped Syrio would be alive, but never connected him to Jaqen H'ghar (spelling?)) What's the theorie based on that they're one and the same? Any more then that he showed up when Syrio 'died' and they're both from Bravos?

As a former non-reader for season 1, comments similar to this are the reason I'm glad that there will be a second thread that pretends the books don't exist.
There was a thread like that for the first season as well but it was a ghost town. Despite all the whining about spoilers, non-readers still flock to this thread in droves. Must be either a complete lack of self-control or gluttony for punishment.

There was a thread like that for the first season as well but it was a ghost town. Despite all the whining about spoilers, non-readers still flock to this thread in droves. Must be either a complete lack of self-control or gluttony for punishment.

Or the lack of involvement in the other thread. People came to the book spoiler one because there was actual discussion there.

Bigfoot

The season one thread was quieter but it wasn't a ghost town. It actually started as a no spoiler thread but half way in it turned in to a "the books don't exist" thread. The reason wasn't because of spoilers, it was because of all the "I know something you don't know" comments.

I'm a reader now (4th book) so I'll be in this thread. Just looking back as a non-reader I'm glad the second thread exists.

A couple quick notes on spoilers. There's a full writeup on this for the real OP, but this should suffice for now. Bottom line: use common sense and be respectful of each other.

- Please tag and label anything from the books that's past what we've seen in the series so far. The label should either be a book title (e.g. [ACoK]) or [series] for something that encompasses all of the books. This thread is for discussing the television show, and there are plenty of other threads for talking about the books. If you're a book reader, please be respectful of those who haven't read them yet. If you haven't read all of the books, stop highlighting spoilers in this thread. Thanks for your help.
- There will be a No Book Spoiler version of the thread, and I'll let you all know when that's up.

The season one thread was quieter but it wasn't a ghost town.
True, there are almost 8000 posts in that thread.

AngryMoth

I always hoped Syrio would be alive, but never connected him to Jaqen H'ghar (spelling?)) What's the theorie based on that they're one and the same? Any more then that he showed up when Syrio 'died' and they're both from Bravos?
(Theory but contains general spoilers for first 2 books)
Well Roge and Biter were terrified of him, despite him not appearing very threatening, which leads to the theory that they saw him change his face in the dungeons. It is a bit of a stretch but its definitely possible that Meryn Trant had Syrio thrown down there with them. Also, we never see a body, and he is never mentioned again, plus in the episode that George wrote last season he could have cleared it up, but instead kept his death ambiguous so it would appear there is at least more to it than just Trant killed him.

bengraven

(Theory but contains general spoilers for first 2 books)
Well Roge and Biter were terrified of him, despite him not appearing very threatening, which leads to the theory that they saw him change his face in the dungeons. It is a bit of a stretch but its definitely possible that Meryn Trant had Syrio thrown down there with them. Also, we never see a body, and he is never mentioned again, plus in the episode that George wrote last season he could have cleared it up, but instead kept his death ambiguous so it would appear there is at least more to it than just Trant killed him.

I want it to be true, too, but (first block is just a theory that a S1 character survived with no spoilers from S2 or beyond...last blocks are pure S2):

1) Trant is the type of murdering asshole to kill you for blinking wrong. To straight up defy him and fight his men? Syrio could never get out of that situation without either killing Trant or getting killed himself. And since we see Trant again and again, you'd think he would betray some sign that Syrio survived. But that would have deflated Trant a bit and that never happens.

Then again, there's another reason why he COULD be Syrio:

Jaqen only goes where he's told to go. Why was he in KL in the first place? Surely not as a kid's dancing instructor right? But Jaqen is also the kind of guy who wouldn't really let himself get caught and put in a dungeon. Why was he on the trip up north? Was his goal in the North?

A minor theory could be that he was literally following Arya around. He was protecting her and training her to become a Faceless man. First as Syrio, and later as Jaqen. And when he realized he didn't need to protect her anymore he gave her the coin and went on to his next assignment.

anaron

I hope writing and direction stands a bit stronger this season. Alan Taylor directing the premiere is encouraging, his S1 episodes were the most visually striking - compared to the rest, anyway.

Melisandre looks amazing. <3

Eric C

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426820

The no-spoilers thread was actually quite active while the season was airing last year, discussion seemed to stop after the season was over. I'm sure a quite a few people would still like a similar thread this year.

BeeDog

I hope writing and direction stands a bit stronger this season. Alan Taylor directing the premiere is encouraging, his S1 episodes were the most visually striking - compared to the rest, anyway.

Melisandre looks amazing. <3

I hope so too. I loved S1, but the unnecessary sexposition, the bland direction and the lack of crowds/extras at parts was mildly disappointing.

I hope so too. I loved S1, but the unnecessary sexposition, the bland direction and the lack of crowds/extras at parts was mildly disappointing.

Yep these are my gripes.

Kings Landing wasn't epic enough nor as packed set-dress wise.
It was like all we saw was the Stark's quarters and the Throne room.

God I love Michelle Fairley. Watching her recent interviews (which are filled with spoilers so watch out lol), she completely gets the character of Catelyn and you can tell she loves her work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom