• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

duckroll

I don't think any big publisher really wants to release an action shooter on the Wii as the only console platform. That's just bad business. In any territory.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like Rival Schools? Why not just make an actual new Rival Schools game? :/

Because it as completely different game and no Beat em Up ?
Though i would love a new Rival Schools or even a Remake.

Luigiv

Yes, that is the reason Cacpcom can port PS3/360 games to the 3DS and not the Wii.cThe 3DS has more modern architecture.

Though this is probably an up-port to the PS3

That's not entirely true. MT Framework Light does exist for multiplat PS3 & Wii developement. Unfortunately it was barely used because developed it way too late in the Wii's lifecycle.

Truth101

Banned
That's not entirely true. MT Framework Light does exist for multiplat PS3 & Wii developement. Unfortunately it was barely used because developed it way too late in the Wii's lifecycle.
I was talking about MT framework mobile, didn't know about light.

Burai

shitonmychest57
No, that would have been Vita. 3DS/PS3 is a limited theatrical release in select cities. :p

I am shocked no Vita, however. Considering Sony pitching all the cross-platform stuff for it, seems like this game would be a natural fit.

Sony can pitch all they want. The thing is selling 7k a week. It's not a viable platform.

PKrockin

I am... slightly intrigued.

Interesting that it's PS3/3DS. I wonder if we'll see more games with that platform combination.

Sounds more exciting for Lost Planet players, so far, than LP3. We'll have to see how it turns out, considering there are not even a few screenshots at the moment. It's almost like Capcom's internal dev team, unable to work on LP3, decided to make a cute, budget spiritual successor that will turn out to have better mechanics, as presumptuous as that may be. If it's MT framework, hopefully it will come out on 360 and PC as well.

Lost Planet offshoot EX Troopers may have just been announced this week, but it's already set for a playable debut. The game will appear at the Capcom Summer Jam event in playable form. Capcom Summer Jam will be held at Tokyo Big Site on June 30 and July 1.

EX Troopers tells of the fight between the snow pirates and Akrid aliens on EDN-3rd. You play as Bren Turner, a young man who's come to the academy (the game has a school theme) from EDN-2nd. Famitsu also introduces such characters as TeeKee, a female snow pirate who has the ability to communicate with the Akrid, and Gingira, a Vital Suit that's loaded with next generation AI and can communicate with its pilot. Gingira calls Bren "Master."

The EDN-3rd planet has three bases, each with unique traits. You select one of these to serve as your base of operations. The three bases figure into the story, as while Bren comes from one base, other members of the academy come from different bases. The story will be told through "manga demo" cut scenes (similar to Gravity Rush).

Famitsu managed to get some interview time with Shintaro Kojima, the game's producer (previous work on the Monster Hunter series). The game was started with the hope of making a beginners' action shooter, explained Kojima. While EX Troopers shares its world setting with Lost Planet, they hope that players play it lightly as a new title.

http://andriasang.com/con11c/ex_troopers_playable/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess it's going to be a DD title for PS3?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so this REALLY is Lost Planet Troopers :p
really interested in it, looking forward for more info and video!

BadWolf

Her "pants" sort of look like Angel's from KOF.

Steered clear of LP because of the negativity surrounding the series but did like the idea. The style looks nice so far so hope this one is good.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice graphics for a 3DS game. Well, assuming those characters talking aren't 2D art. But they don't seem to be.

Too bad there are no action shots. I'm sure the story will suck if it's Lost Planet High but it could be fun.

If the gameplay setup is even much more like Monster Hunter than LP was that'd be great too.

duckroll

Lots of smaller scans have popped up showing the various characters and stuff. Even the main character's VS looks totally animefied. This really is a totally wacky cel-shaded anime style Lost Planet spin-off. It's pretty... random. Lol.

Oh good. After LP3 I was worried I'd have to give up on the series.

Strange that the 360 has been left in the cold though, considering Lost Planet started on the platform and all.

Was it that bad?

I don't have any confidence in it. New developer, new direction, not interested.

Erethian

If they are going to anime it all up, they at least chose a decent artist. And the clothes they're wearing don't seem super crazy. And no lolis in sight (so far).

Plus you've got good, old fashioned slightly silly English names like Chris Landbird.

The scan I saw looks like the PS3 version... I think.

It's kind of hard to tell what's in-game, aside from that one pic with them in the war room or whatever it is. The cel-shading should hide the differences between the versions well enough.

Top Bottom