• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Stacey
Banned
(07-11-2015, 09:01 PM)

Originally Posted by mangochutney

Would you rather they didn't ask any questions so that anyone could ring up and muck your account up?

I was just stating that deactivating all your consoles would be hard as hell if you werent the owner of the profile associated with the consoles and why i asked if his account had been compromised.prior,
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:02 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big_Al

Last time I checked there was a 'Deactivate All' button on the website, pretty certain you can do it via the website.

There's is a deactivate button yes but all it does is give you instructions on how to do it on your console.






Last edited by Hedrush; 07-11-2015 at 09:13 PM.
DeepEnigma
Banned
(07-11-2015, 09:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Stacey

I was just stating that deactivating all your consoles would be hard as hell if you werent the owner of the profile associated with the consoles and why i asked if his account had been compromised.prior,

Yeah, if you call in, they drill you, so someone had to have been privy to the OP's info. Especially the purchase date.
NeonBlack
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:09 PM)
NeonBlack's Avatar
Try going to twitter. Sadly, matters like this are resolved faster if they gain publicity.
SougoXIII
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

There's is a deactivate button yes but all it does is give you instructions on how to do it on your console.

I used the deactivate all button to remove one of the broken ps3 from my account before and it worked.
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:15 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by SougoXIII

I used the deactivate all button to remove one of the broken ps3 from my account before and it worked.

All my activated consoles



My activated PS4



Deactivate takes you here



It cannot be done via the website and never has so your mistaken I think
Last edited by Hedrush; 07-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.
RichiRamjag
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:17 PM)
RichiRamjag's Avatar
If you're in the US and continue to get that El Salvador support center, then try calling online using google voice or something of that nature. Anytime I use my
Call I get El Salvador support and they are TERRIBLE, I've been lied to, hung up on, etc. When I call from my PC using Google voice I always get American support and they actually try to help.
Meus Renaissance
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:19 PM)
Meus Renaissance's Avatar
You can actually deactivate consoles using the website. I did it myself a few months ago despite being told it wasn't possible.
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:20 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meus Renaissance

You can actually deactivate consoles using the website. I did it myself a few months ago despite being told it wasn't possible.

Show me how then. I wanna deactivate 5 PS3 consoles.
SougoXIII
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

All my activated consoles

My registered PS4

Deactivate takes you here

It cannot be done via the website and never has so your mistaken I think

Did you use try to deactivate each device individually or all of them at once? Because yes, you can not deactivate them individually on the PC but you can deactivate them all at once online.
Last edited by SougoXIII; 07-11-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:23 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by SougoXIII

Did you use try to deactivate each device individually or all of them at once? Because yes, you can not deactivate them individually on the PC but you can deactivate them all of once online.

It clearly states on the deactivation page it can only be done on each individual console. Could you show me how then as ive got 5 PS3's I could do with deactivation.
...Scatter...
Banned
(07-11-2015, 09:28 PM)
You mentioned you have a 12 year old. Have you properly grilled him/her? Teens are the most likely to get caught up in this kind of bullshit. Maybe they trusted someone they shouldn't have or wanted to give the destiny expansion to a buddy?
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(07-11-2015, 09:29 PM)
mrklaw's Avatar

Originally Posted by ...Scatter...

You mentioned you have a 12 year old. Have you properly grilled him/her? Teens are the most likely to get caught up in this kind of bullshit. Maybe they trusted someone they shouldn't have or wanted to give the destiny expansion to a buddy?

Well I'd hope the 12 year old wouldn't have the master password? As much as I love and trust my kids, they aren't getting my PSN, Xbox or ITunes passwords. :shudder:
SougoXIII
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

It clearly states on the deactivation page it can only be done on each individual console. Could you show me how then as ive got 5 PS3's I could do with deactivation.

It's not under the 'Device' tab but 'Account' tab (stupid I know).

Here you go:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...a-pc%2Fwebsite
JP
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:32 PM)
JP's Avatar
Being able to deactivate consoles via the website depends on what services (Game/Video/Music) have been activated on that particular console. I can't remember which services it was but there is at least one of them that has to be deactivated either on the console or by Sony themselves.

We have an old PS3 registered on the website which broke ages ago and although we deactivated it online it wouldn't deactivate all the services. The console has gone now so the only way we can deactivate it is via Sony, which we haven't needed to do yet and probably won't ever have to.


EDIT:
Looking at the above images, it seems to be Music that you can't do a general deactivation for.
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:34 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by SougoXIII

It's not under the 'Device' tab but 'Account' tab (stupid I know).

Here you go:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...a-pc%2Fwebsite

Ah cheers mate and apologies, I thought you where talking shite lol. I've never once saw that, I've always just checked the device section. Also the fact it states under each device it can only be done from each system led me to believe it couldn't be done via the Web.
Last edited by Hedrush; 07-11-2015 at 09:37 PM.
SougoXIII
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

Ah cheers mate and apologies, I thought you where talking shite lol. I've never once saw that, I've always just checked the device section. Also the fact it states under each device it can only be done from each system led me to believe it couldn't be done via the Web.

No problem, glad I can help.
Big_Al
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:41 PM)
Big_Al's Avatar
It says a lot about well Sony 'explain' how to deactivate consoles when there's confusion in this fuckin thread.
Hedrush
Member
(07-11-2015, 09:47 PM)
Hedrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big_Al

It says a lot about well Sony 'explain' how to deactivate consoles when there's confusion in this fuckin thread.

Its fucked up for sure. One page tells you it can only be done on the device and another page allows you to deactivate all via the Web. I think I'll just leave my activated consoles as it is. I don't want to fuck it all up by deactivating everything.

Could be useful for the OP though.
Shai-Tan
Member
(07-11-2015, 10:46 PM)
Wrong thread
Last edited by Shai-Tan; 07-11-2015 at 10:57 PM.
RichiRamjag
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:00 AM)
RichiRamjag's Avatar
Accidentally posted
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 10:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

As mentioned previously the only way to deactivate a console is on the console itself, it can't be done remotely via the Web, so I really don't know how all your devices have been unregistered.

Do you see the issue here? This is what PSN support will be thinking too.

No you can disable all a users consoles for 6 months if you can get into the PSN on a computer.

So I have my ps4 as primary, someone hacks my PSN and they can disable my Ps4.

I have changed passwords, but that just means they can no longer get into my PSN...BUT they maybe have downloaded my digital games and can now play them offline on their ps4 which is primary in my name !

Its pretty clear that deactivate all consoles using a PC is they way a hacker would steal your digital purchases and primary console offline gaming benefits.
Last edited by geordiemp; 07-12-2015 at 10:47 AM.
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 10:50 AM)

Originally Posted by ...Scatter...

You mentioned you have a 12 year old. Have you properly grilled him/her? Teens are the most likely to get caught up in this kind of bullshit. Maybe they trusted someone they shouldn't have or wanted to give the destiny expansion to a buddy?

My 12 year old has his own PSN identity, and in fact he also has his own Ps4 which is his primary console and thats the only account on it which he keeps at his grandmas...but this confuses the discussion.

So we have a total of 3 Ps4, 2 at our house and 2 primary consoles and 2 fully paid PSN+ accounts...we buy allot of games digitally...god we are the type of customer that MS wishes had stayed on from 360...

No, he does not play with passwords or anything PSN related, he knows it could loose him all his games and he is scared stiff lol
FranXico
Member
(07-12-2015, 10:58 AM)
Has anyone here used the "Deactivate All" option from the web?

Do you know for a fact if using this option locks me out of all my devices for 6 months, or if the time limit only applies to the option itself (i.e., you can only use the web to deactivate everything once per 6 months, but you can then re-activate each device at any time)?
stryke
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:17 AM)
stryke's Avatar
Haha what a joke.
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:20 AM)

Originally Posted by FranXico

Has anyone here used the "Deactivate All" option from the web?

Do you know for a fact if using this option locks me out of all my devices for 6 months, or if the time limit only applies to the option itself (i.e., you can only use the web to deactivate everything once per 6 months, but you can then re-activate each device at any time)?

The deactivate only works once every 6 months using PC to access PSN.

However, you can activate manually a primary PS4 again as long as there are no other PS4 primary activated on your account.

So if someone hacks your PSN, deactivates all consoles and then activates his PS4 as a primary in your name...then you cannot seem to get your full account privileges back and the hacker has won !

Lesson 1 : Never leave your credit card on PSN

Lesson 2 : Change your password regularly

Lesson 3 : Dont buy games digitally, as if you loose primary console status you cannot play them offline or when PSN is down.

Only buying disks now. Digital future - rubbish.

There should be added security for disabling all consoles on PSN, such as texting a code to your phone or house number, and an additional PIN number.

It is too easy once anyone can access your Psn to totally make a mess and Sony do not respond.

Sony need to improve security - on 360 if I changed my location (router) I would get locked out of xbox live and they would text me an authorisation code. This would happen fairly frequently, and although a hassle, it felt more secure.
senor_flojo
Banned
(07-12-2015, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by falconxcrunner09

They seriously terminated the phone call? Wow.

no disrespect to OP, but I imagine words may have been spoken in anger judging by the tone of the post, and at that point they would be within their rights to terminate the call.

the customer might be right, but that doesn't mean they have to be an asshole.
DustyVonEric
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:25 AM)
DustyVonEric's Avatar

Originally Posted by JP

Being able to deactivate consoles via the website depends on what services (Game/Video/Music) have been activated on that particular console. I can't remember which services it was but there is at least one of them that has to be deactivated either on the console or by Sony themselves.

We have an old PS3 registered on the website which broke ages ago and although we deactivated it online it wouldn't deactivate all the services. The console has gone now so the only way we can deactivate it is via Sony, which we haven't needed to do yet and probably won't ever have to.


EDIT:
Looking at the above images, it seems to be Music that you can't do a general deactivation for.

I could deactivate my PS3 from the website, but I had to call Sony support to deactivate Video service that was still on there (so I could activate it on another system). Luckily my call was pretty quick & harmless. It may be all in who you get on the other line. I know it sucks, but try to call again, OP. And hope for someone else.
Clarkus Darkus
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:29 AM)
Clarkus Darkus's Avatar
It happened to me, The guy deactivated my PS4 and activated his PS4/PS3

So i couldnt deactivate his consoles on the web because he had already done it, I phoned Sony and got lucky, The guy deavtivated both his PS3/PS4.

I think you should keep phoning and hopefully you get someone decent as it's pretty obvious when its been hacked because they purchase free PS+ games

Goodluck.
Occam
Banned
(07-12-2015, 11:35 AM)
So someone is using your account on a different PS4 right now? Why not file a police report? I am pretty sure Sony could easily track the offender - if they wanted to. Maybe they just need some proper motivation.
Tommi84
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:36 AM)
Tommi84's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mohonky

I'd definitely be telling them to stick that up their ass.

Word of advice. If you ever want to get anything from Customer Service, be friendlier. They don't care, I didn't care when I was in one. What is more, any 'fck u and yo stupid rulezzz' makes them even LESS sympathetic to your problem. Youwill become another 'silly customer with his silly problem with all the data pointing to HIS mistake'.

OP - send a written complaint, don't be an ass and give them as much records/proofs as possible. If you call them and shout hos stupid company they are and you want your account restored to your as soon as possible and what-no, then you re gonna have a bad time doing so.
mortis316uk
Junior Member
(07-12-2015, 11:38 AM)
The mob that does the UK PSN support - Sykes are a complete nightmare to deal with from all reports. There's multiple accounts of this kind of thing happening in the UK - so much so that Sony were featured on consumer rights show Watchdog for their atrocious customer support when accounts have been compromised.
In the end it doesn't matter how the account has been hacked, social engineering, compromised account with the same password or just plain stupidity - Sony should be putting the customer first and adding 2 factor to their systems, this one simple change would mostly eliminate the problem - unfortunately Sony are in a position of dominance just now and until poor service starts to impact their bottom line they will continue ignoring the issue.
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Tommi84

Word of advice. If you ever want to get anything from Customer Service, be friendlier. They don't care, I didn't care when I was in one. What is more, any 'fck u and yo stupid rulezzz' makes them even LESS sympathetic to your problem. Youwill become another 'silly customer with his silly problem with all the data pointing to HIS mistake'.

OP - send a written complaint, don't be an ass and give them as much records/proofs as possible. If you call them and shout hos stupid company they are and you want your account restored to your as soon as possible and what-no, then you re gonna have a bad time doing so.

What PSN support SHOULD of done is ask for all ps4 serial numbers that you have used your profile on (we have 2). I did not think but now I have written to PSN support listing my serial numbers of the Ps4 I own, and any other Ps4 that has my account on is an illegal hacked one.

PSN support should not be argumentative and get my back up, give some useful advice and maybe in a few days it can be sorted. But they just wanted to question and doubt my story and said I deactivated all my 4 consoles (2 ps4, 2 ps3).....why on earth would I do that ?

PSN customer service should of asked me for these serial numbers...and should of advised me to change my password.

It should be fairly easy and will soon become clear that there is a hacker with my profile but wrong serial number who cannot now log in after my password change.
FranXico
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Occam

So someone is using your account on a different PS4 right now? Why not file a police report? I am pretty sure Sony could easily track the offender - if they wanted to. Maybe they just need some proper motivation.

Clearly, they can.

Originally Posted by Clarkus Darkus

It happened to me, The guy deactivated my PS4 and activated his PS4/PS3

So i couldnt deactivate his consoles on the web because he had already done it, I phoned Sony and got lucky, The guy deavtivated both his PS3/PS4.

I think you should keep phoning and hopefully you get someone decent as it's pretty obvious when its been hacked because they purchase free PS+ games

Goodluck.

senor_flojo
Banned
(07-12-2015, 11:45 AM)

Originally Posted by geordiemp

I have spent thousands on games...day 1 UK full price...I am the cash cow customer and they are fucking with me. I am lost for words.

you're beginning to sound a bit over-entitled. who was being rude here, sony? or was it you?
FranXico
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:47 AM)

Originally Posted by senor_flojo

you're beginning to sound a bit over-entitled. who was being rude here, sony? or was it you?

Come on, you're better than that. What happened to "the costumer is always right"?
TGO
Member
(07-12-2015, 11:56 AM)
TGO's Avatar
Weird, Sony sorted out my account because the master account could only be disabled via the console.
My movie activation is still locked to a dead PS3 as it can not be deactivated by the deactivate all option.
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:01 PM)

Originally Posted by senor_flojo

you're beginning to sound a bit over-entitled. who was being rude here, sony? or was it you?

The way I see it I bought 2 ps4, lots of games and 2 PSN+ for 2 family members.

It is not over entitled to expect the full range of features that go with what I pay for.

For example, I cannot play any digital game now when PSN is offline.

No family members other than my profile can play the digital games I bought.

Is that entitled for family to play the games I bought ?

The whole reason we bought 2 Ps4 and buy all coop games digitally is to play online coop games together. Now we cannot do that.
Facism
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:03 PM)
Facism's Avatar
they should help you. I had the same issue earlier this year and it took the nice girl on the other end 5 minutes to help me out.

Someone had deactivated all my consoles via the website and reactivated them on machines local to them. She told me that there were 1000s of login attempts originating in Russia before the deactivation. I changed my password, she deactivated any active consoles so i could reactivate my own.

I'd try calling again mate. Sounds like you got a proper shitboy on the other end.
Occam
Banned
(07-12-2015, 12:04 PM)

Originally Posted by geordiemp

The way I see it I bought 2 ps4, lots of games and 2 PSN+ for 2 family members.

It is not over entitled to expect the full range of features that go with what I pay for.

For example, I cannot play any digital game now when PSN is offline.

No family members other than my profile can play the digital games I bought.

Is that entitled for family to play the games I bought ?

The whole reason we bought 2 Ps4 and buy all coop games digitally is to play online coop games together. Now we cannot do that.

Did you see my post? Why not go to the police? Being locked out of thousands worth of digital content for 6 months isn't trivial. The person who did this to you is a criminal who should be prosecuted.
Last edited by Occam; 07-12-2015 at 12:06 PM.
bobbytkc
ADD New Gen Gamer
(07-12-2015, 12:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

Ah cheers mate and apologies, I thought you where talking shite lol. I've never once saw that, I've always just checked the device section. Also the fact it states under each device it can only be done from each system led me to believe it couldn't be done via the Web.

It meant that deactivating individual systems cannot be done online. You can deactivate everything under the account tho.
Yagharek
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:08 PM)
Yagharek's Avatar
OP has every right to be livid and angry at inept customer service muppets.

Call back until you get a half-functional CS rep and bring this to the attention of every sony person you can, on gaf/twitter etc.

They only seem to become motivated to help when it becomes a PR problem.
bobbytkc
ADD New Gen Gamer
(07-12-2015, 12:10 PM)

Originally Posted by geordiemp

The way I see it I bought 2 ps4, lots of games and 2 PSN+ for 2 family members.

It is not over entitled to expect the full range of features that go with what I pay for.

For example, I cannot play any digital game now when PSN is offline.

No family members other than my profile can play the digital games I bought.

Is that entitled for family to play the games I bought ?

The whole reason we bought 2 Ps4 and buy all coop games digitally is to play online coop games together. Now we cannot do that.

Can't you just log in to your account using your ps4? That will activate them again and you will get access to your games.

And just call them again and tell them you want to talk to their supervisor.
Last edited by bobbytkc; 07-12-2015 at 12:12 PM.
breakfuss
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:11 PM)
breakfuss's Avatar
Sorry to hear it OP. It sucks, but I fear Sony is this way (now) because people have absolutely abused the system. There are people who even would sell PSN accounts on ebay lol. Seems like they've finally locked that shit down, but you would think they have a way to discern the bullshitters from people in desperate need.
Totbjorn
Junior Member
(07-12-2015, 12:12 PM)
For all the people saying OP must have shared his account details.
I got hacked similarly but the account was completely new.
I bought my first PS3 about a year ago basically to play Demons Soul and some other PS3 exclusives and created my first PSN account. A couple of months later I got a confirmation email that I had bought the deluxe PS4 version of Assassins Creed Unity which I obviously had not. I immediately logged in on the web and checked and sure enough someone had bought the game, disconnected my PS3, connected a PS4 and bought the game using my VISA card info which I stupidly had saved on my account.
They had however not changed my password.
I immediately removed my card and changed the password but I also had the no device changes in 6 months message.
I then contacted customer support who actually seemed very helpful and said that it was obvious I had been hacked and said he would fix everything.
A couple of days later I get an email saying that they could not fix the problem after all, they would remove the PS4 but could not refund my money, about 100$.
I of course pointed out that it was very strange that they would acknowledge that I had been hacked but would not refund but the only message I received back was that this was a final decision and there was nothing I could do.

I didn't really feel like spending the time and effort necessary to get back the money so I just chalked it up as a learning experience to stay far away from Sony online services.

I definitely did not share my account with anyone. I live alone so no kids or girlfriend to blame and actually I barely used the account myself.

I think there is some flaw in PSN that makes it possible to switch the account to another machine but not actually make it possible to change the password since if the hackers could change it they would have and made it impossible for me to remove my card info.
I don't know if the flaw is social engineering of the PSN support or some insecure online API but there seems to be a lot of this type of thing happening on PSN.

The question is, is Sony unaware of this flaw and just think everyone calling is trying to screw them in some way or are they aware but for some reason unable to fix and instead screwing their paying customers?
geordiemp
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:12 PM)

Originally Posted by bobbytkc

Can't you just log in to your account using your ps4? That will activate them again and you will get access to your games.

My 2 Ps4 I have tried to activate as primary console.

The response is that it is not possible as another Ps4 is the activated primary console. So I am locked out of PSN features on my Ps4.
bobbytkc
ADD New Gen Gamer
(07-12-2015, 12:14 PM)

Originally Posted by geordiemp

My 2 Ps4 I have tried to activate as primary console.

The response is that it is not possible as another Ps4 is the activated primary console. So I am locked out of PSN features on my Ps4.

I assume this is because the other ps4 is logged in. One account can log in on one ps4 at a time.

If you change your password, the ps4 with your primary account will not be able to log in, and the other registered ps4 should be able to use all psn features.

What I don't understand is why you say you lost access to all your games. You don't need a ps4 to be primary to access psn I believe. The only problem is that because one system is registered, you can only log in with one more ps4, so your second ps4 is out of luck. That issue probably needs Sony's CS to do something.
Last edited by bobbytkc; 07-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.
senor_flojo
Banned
(07-12-2015, 12:19 PM)

Originally Posted by geordiemp

The way I see it I bought 2 ps4, lots of games and 2 PSN+ for 2 family members.

but I thought your son has a ps4 also, so shouldn't that be 3 ps4s? your story isn't solid.

It is not over entitled to expect the full range of features that go with what I pay for.

you paying for something doesn't guarantee anything. and I'm sure if you actually read the full licensing agreement legalese that sony has in place, you'd find that you have few rights than you think.

For example, I cannot play any digital game now when PSN is offline.

No family members other than my profile can play the digital games I bought.

Is that entitled for family to play the games I bought ?

The whole reason we bought 2 Ps4 and buy all coop games digitally is to play online coop games together. Now we cannot do that.

all I'm reading here is "I bought this, I bought that." No wonder that sony rep disconnected the call. you sound like an asshole.

this is like someone who doesn't keep up with their credit history, and then goes ape shit because they find out five years later that someone fraudulently has a credit card under their name. maybe that's a bad analogy, but do you see what I'm saying?

bottom line: I don't know how this happened, and it sucks that it happened, but getting mad at a support person over the phone for something that they have little control over and acting like an entitled dick because you "bought" it won't get you anywhere.

this is a tangent, because I'm truly sorry that you're going through this. but consider the point of view from the support side of things. in my 15+ years of customer service experience, I always would take a customer's side of the story with a grain of salt because "truth" tends to come out of convenience. and unfortunately, your story is included because we only know what you're telling us. I don't know how your conversation went, but you initially claimed that you spoke for hours with this rep. I can't imagine that phone call having gone very well.

take a breath. step back for a second. maybe waiting six months is a good thing?

find another hobby in the meantime. take your kid out to the park.

realize how fortunate you are that things aren't really all that bad after all.
senor_flojo
Banned
(07-12-2015, 12:24 PM)

Originally Posted by FranXico

Come on, you're better than that. What happened to "the costumer is always right"?

ha. ha-ha. hahahaha.

https://youtu.be/XOXAs9o3xUE
breakfuss
Member
(07-12-2015, 12:25 PM)
breakfuss's Avatar
^ and to add to the above, as much as it sucks...at least it's not indefinitely. 6 months is quite a bit of time, but you will eventually get it all back. But yeah, I still sympathize.

Thread Tools