• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Only just past the prologue but man this game is great. So much more engaging than Skyrim (maybe thats blaspheme around these parts?) The combat is actually interesting (albeit difficult) All and all really enjoying it. I must ask though I had a section where I went into "stealth" mode is there a way I can actively decide I wanna be in stealth mode? Sneaking up and beating guards down was a good time, would like to be able to do that at will.

No way is it blasphemy. WAAAY better setting, characters and storyline.

I worry the carry weight limit is going to become a pain, so far I have picked up everything I can (in Flotsam now) is this a bad idea?
I don't even know if I need to carry all of the crafting gear with me at all times but you never know when it might be useful.

I'd love find out how many dark editions that WB produced for the US. Are they individually numbered? I thought I read that somewhere last week.

So going back and forth on what to do with my DE. Open it or just get the standard copy...

I'd love find out how many dark editions that WB produced for the US. Are they individually numbered? I thought I read that somewhere last week.

So going back and forth on what to do with my DE. Open it or just get the standard copy...

I opened mine. Just looked over the box and didn't notice any numbers indicating that DEs are individually numbered. Feels good knowing I own one of these rare beauties though.

nib95

Banned
No way is it blasphemy. WAAAY better setting, characters and storyline.

Honestly, I felt The Witcher 2 was in a different league to Skyrim. Characters, dialogue, story, gameplay, combat, progression etc.

Besides being bigger, Skyrim didn't have a lot more going for it. I got so bored with it in-fact I actually never finished it.

Honestly, when it comes to sandbox games you just can't take gaming journalism at all serious, or at least even less serious than normal. Don't get how games like GTA4 and Skyrim manage to maintain such high metacritic averages, especially Skyrim which was glitch ridden and near broken on release (mainly on the PS3).

Ciastek3214

Reading negative user reviews on metacritic. So much lol. They came up with a conspiracy theory, that critic reviews that didn't review more than 10 games are employers of CD Projekt, when it's just the ones that got one of 1000 review copies. Shaking my fucking head here.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lol, 360 owners might be experiencing shellshock upon opening this game. Strategy guide. Game manual. Proper storage of 3 discs inside the case. Game ost. Nice value for the money, especially with all the sales. Just got mine in the mail.

CAVE343

Loving the game so far, but I find the combat a bit difficult. Is there really no way to strafe while locking on? Feels very weird this way.

Also, why is the camera so sensitive and why can't it be adjusted?

gdt

This is all fucked up. Redownload a whole fuckload (after uninstalling everything). Reinstall, get everything going.

Now, again, my launcher wont start. WHAT THE FUCK.

Guri

This is all fucked up. Redownload a whole fuckload (after uninstalling everything). Reinstall, get everything going.

Now, again, my launcher wont start. WHAT THE FUCK.

Is this about the update itself? You can reboot you PC and the launcher will be back to normal or you could try to update by using the "downloader.exe" on Documents\Witcher 2\Downloads. If there is a problem with the pack0.dzip file, go to http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual and redownload parts 1 and 2, overwriting on the ones that will already have.

Lol, 360 owners might be experiencing shellshock upon opening this game. Strategy guide. Game manual. Proper storage of 3 discs inside the case. Game ost. Nice value for the money, especially with all the sales. Just got mine in the mail.

Be careful with the prongs for the game manual. The upper one of mine snapped at the slightest tug of the manual itself. Don't know if this was just bad luck on my part.

Numpt3

I'm not that far into it yet,
(just been attacked by the dragon at the begining)
but it is awesome so far! I'm loving the dialogue and it looks gorgeous for a 360 game.

The soundtrack cd and booklets/map are a nice addition as well!

Eusis

It's so much better to make decisions I many and not worry about a good guy bar not filling up all the way. Liking the game so far.
Ironically you have more of a legitimate reason to worry about your choices here than you ever did in a modern Bioware game. Especially without the luxury of a quick reload once you see what actually happened.

Thrakier

As much as I love this game there are some things that could be better regarding the tech. It just doesnt run very smooth most of the time and i have to disable vsync to avoid frame skipping. Also the running Animation isnt very good. There are transjtions missing and it seems like it's skipping certain animations. Also there is only walk and Run without something in between which is very pc - ish...

owlbeak

As much as I love this game there are some things that could be better regarding the tech. It just doesnt run very smooth most of the time and i have to disable vsync to avoid frame skipping. Also the running Animation isnt very good. There are transjtions missing and it seems like it's skipping certain animations. Also there is only walk and Run without something in between which is very pc - ish...
It's a PC game? :) As for the animation jitter while running, that may be the "micro-stuttering" that plagued me as well as many others. There is a fix for it which basically involves putting a DX9.dll file in your /bin folder. Totally solved my problem. Let me see if I can look that up.

jhawk6

It's so refreshing and I feel so appreciative to CDProject just on the packaging/materials included in the 360 version alone! Also, it was nice to not have a bunch of Day 1 dlc codes to bother with either!

Reading negative user reviews on metacritic. So much lol. They came up with a conspiracy theory, that critic reviews that didn't review more than 10 games are employers of CD Projekt, when it's just the ones that got one of 1000 review copies. Shaking my fucking head here.

I'm still baffled the people take metacritic seriously. I've never cared about the site or heard anyone say, in person, "what's the metacritic score?"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I VASTLY prefer the Xbox 360 controller configuration on the console compared with the PC version so far.

The new lock-on implementation and altered button arrangement makes far more sense, selecting different spells is now direct(just aim stick at spell!). Analog movement is smoother as well. Just a real nice change, and I hope the PC EE will get patched with a similar arrangement. Gamepad layout just always felt clunky on PC comparatively.

Also the new lighting is nice, but the downgrades and lower texture quality is very noticeable on the 360 port. Still looks great, but its a pretty noticeable divide.

It's so refreshing and I feel so appreciative to CDProject just on the packaging/materials included in the 360 version alone! Also, it was nice to not have a bunch of Day 1 dlc codes to bother with either!
It was a shock to me too. it was so thick with content I thought it was a special edition or something. if only everyone operated like CDP, From Software.

Eusis

Man, it sounds like some very real improvements for the 360 version and the D-Pad. REALLY hope they backport those, the original set up for spells could be acceptable on a Sony controller but the D-pad's too crappy for 360.

Jacob4815

Yep, this will work. It's playable without installing, so deleting the first installed disc to make room for the second won't harm anything. I had to do this when I was playing ME2 on 360, but TW2 shouldn't be as annoying since I assume the disc change is a one time thing between Acts.

Good news! Thanks!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Loving the game so far, but I find the combat a bit difficult. Is there really no way to strafe while locking on? Feels very weird this way.

Big reason why the new Xbox console scheme is such an improvement over the PC. Locking-on also locks the camera to target, allowing the player to keep focus and circle-strafe. (Think Zelda). Selecting magic is also less of a pain.

They really do need to implement these fixes into the PC EE version.

still preorders are usually just a fraction of overall sales. I expect it to outsell PC version in US and UK because that is how these countries roll.

Not a chance. The 360 version will have a small fraction of what it sells on the PC, even in those countries. I cant see the 360 version breaking 300k world wide.

Just my thoughts of course, it's not the kind of game console owners buy, and it's got the fact that the prequel isn't on the platform.

Eusis

Just my thoughts of course, it's not the kind of game console owners buy, and it's got the fact that the prequel isn't on the platform.
Why do you say that though? I can understand if it were something like Avadon, or a really complex strategy game, but this covers the general areas Bioware games and Dark Souls did, so at worst I figure there'd probably be only a slight edge over computer. Then again console players eager to play it may well have grabbed it on PC already anyway.

Grymm

Banned
I VASTLY prefer the Xbox 360 controller configuration on the console compared with the PC version so far.

The new lock-on implementation and altered button arrangement makes far more sense, selecting different spells is now direct(just aim stick at spell!). Analog movement is smoother as well. Just a real nice change, and I hope the PC EE will get patched with a similar arrangement. Gamepad layout just always felt clunky on PC comparatively.

Also the new lighting is nice, but the downgrades and lower texture quality is very noticeable on the 360 port. Still looks great, but its a pretty noticeable divide.

That sounds fucking great. I really do hope that makes its way to PC.

I asked this earlier before most 360 users picked up their game let me ask again.

On PC if you use a 360 controller you hold the L trigger to pull up a menu that lets you select between your spells and quickslotted items. I'm assuming this is the same on the 360 version.

When you pull the trigger it always has the center option selected first, meditate. And then to select a spell for example you have to press to the left and then up and down the spell list.

My question is this... on the PC version when you bring up that menu and let's say you want to select a spell you have to press left TWICE to get over into the spell list, the first press doesn't register. Do you have to press left twice on the 360 version or does the first press register?

It's the same with picking a quickslotted item, to get from meditate to their list it takes two presses to the right, the first press doesn't register at all.

Very minor but very annoying.

Spookie

"What the arse fuck is going on?"

I forgot how utterly appalling the dialogue in this game is.

In a completely god damn this is like a Polish Game of Thrones kind of way

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
UPS still hasn't delivered it and its now 7pm EST. Thats one thing I do like about a brick and mortar store, I walk in and get it myself.

I'm suddenly and inexplicably interested in this game despite never having played it before. I do believe I'll be picking it up sometime this week.

Thrakier

It's a PC game? :) As for the animation jitter while running, that may be the "micro-stuttering" that plagued me as well as many others. There is a fix for it which basically involves putting a DX9.dll file in your /bin folder. Totally solved my problem. Let me see if I can look that up.

I know that fix I brought it to GAF. ;-) There is always some amount of stutter going on with this engine. Only fix that could help would be stable 60 fps I guess.

It's a pitty that they didnt bring the New Controller setup to the pc. The current one isnt very good. Ill probably change back to mouse. It feels a bit stiff and unresponsive.

Oh and there is this tiny amount of lag After you press LT. It's driving me insane.

Thrakier

I asked this earlier before most 360 users picked up their game let me ask again.

On PC if you use a 360 controller you hold the L trigger to pull up a menu that lets you select between your spells and quickslotted items. I'm assuming this is the same on the 360 version.

When you pull the trigger it always has the center option selected first, meditate. And then to select a spell for example you have to press to the left and then up and down the spell list.

My question is this... on the PC version when you bring up that menu and let's say you want to select a spell you have to press left TWICE to get over into the spell list, the first press doesn't register. Do you have to press left twice on the 360 version or does the first press register?

It's the same with picking a quickslotted item, to get from meditate to their list it takes two presses to the right, the first press doesn't register at all.

I think thats the lag Im talking about.....

Grymm

Banned
I think thats the lag Im talking about.....

Well what it is specifically with holding the left trigger on the PC version is weird.

If you are standing still when you pull the trigger it takes two presses of the left analog stick to get it to respond.

If you are walking/running when you pull the left trigger it then the left analog will move through the quick menu on the first press.

So a change to the 360 setup if this is corrected somehow would be very welcome because that's the main reason it feels unresponsive. Because it literally doesn't respond on the first try in that specific circumstance which happens quite often.

iavi

I haven't run into an issue with it not recognizing the analog stick input on the spell menu, but I do need to press twice when choosing swords - similar issue, it sounds. Geralt hasn't been switching, or sheathing weapons when I only press once. Weird little bug.

RedSwirl

7088512651_f2781b8fa5_c.jpg

I've played it on the PC twice; can't wait to delve into the EE on X360. This is a wonderful game, and I'm glad there seems to be at least a fair amount of excitement in this thread.

Best Buy wouldn't price match the $45 TRU price, but I finally convinced them to PM the Target $50 price, and give me a T-Shirt. Can't complain.

Son of a bitch the 360 version has a slipcover? I love slipcovers.

Uriah

Is there some sort of mod that lets me take potions at any time like in the first game?

Hate to bump, but does anyone have any idea? I'm trying to main with the potion build on my 3rd playthrough and having this option would really be helpful.

RyudBoy

Did anyone who preorder at ToysRUs get their copy shipped yet? Mine hasn't and it's my first time buying from there. Dunno if I should cancel my order.

Top Bottom