• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yaoi is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
But Po-ju's masterpiece, Secret Journey, actually has a plot!

Yeah, but Secret Journey isn't really a yaoi manga by any standards. It was written by Zappa Go, and it's more of a traditional straight-male's hentai manga with some male taint shots thrown in for good measure. Almost all of Po-ju's hardcore yaoi works are found in his shorts and are very light on story. But to be honest with you, I'm more a fan of his illustrated work than I am his manga.

oni_saru

What does YaoiGAF think of this?

riki_body_is_ready.gif

swimming anime with cute guys. day one~

beje

Banned
For those of you casually looking for bara art/manga, I'd recommend to stay away and immediately close the tab if you find something by Gengoro Tagame if you're easily disgusted no matter how appealing the artwork might appear, as most of the times it quickly degenerates into very hard SM, scat and sometimes even guro. I learnt the hard way, though he has some "softer" stories I do like.

redlemon

The impression I have always had is that yaoi fandom eclipses yuri fandom. Women just don't have as many options as men.

Yuri doesn't even have anything on par with bara, from what I understand.

Yaoi is way bigger than Yuri but both are are mostly created by women and consumed by them. It's just in Yuri's case the majority is like 60% compared to Yaoi which it's overwhelmingly woman.

I rejoiced, I got hot flashes watching that promo

also, despite some yaoi fans hating it, I love Junjou Romantica, especially egoist, that's like my favourite yaoi couple ever

I liked Sekaichi Hatsukoi abit more, but Junjou is pretty fun, no bad couples. Though in Sekaiichi, always crying for Yuu Yanase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom