• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2012 Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited, but trying to not expect too much with their WiiU software reveal.

Nintendo is generally pretty conservative with their software reveals, tending to only show games that are coming out in the near future. That would essentially rule out a 3D Mario, Smash Bros. and Zelda from the outset, since we already have a 2D Mario for the system, Smash won't come out for years and Zelda only came out last year for Wii. You can probably count out Kid Icarus too.

Then there's all its other IPs. We might see Kirby, but that itself has received three entries in the past two years. Metroid hasn't been able to maintain its popularity since its revival in 2002. F-Zero is virtually dead in the water. Same goes for Mother.

Which means I can really only be confident about a few franchises being shown off. Namely Pikmin, 2D Mario, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing and maybe Mario Kart. Which isn't bad at all, but it wouldn't be OMG huge.

Hence why I'm really hoping for some surprises, whether that be new IPs or dead franchise revivals (ie F-Zero).

BowieZ

Banned
I'm a little worried about how they're gonna manage just 60 minutes. I mean, I know they always do, sometimes well, sometimes not, but I always worry just the same.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blow my mind, Nintendo.

UUTVD.gif

Harpuia

Hey guys, am I missing anything by watching the conference on the tv via spikes broadcast? Looking for the best non laggy experience mostly.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Guys, Nintendo, on a PR, said that there will be a plethora of first party and third party announcements.

A plethora.

Hype.

LCfiner

I want Nintendo to show off some really impressive Wii U stuff. I want to know why I want that tablet on the controller for single player games and not just party stuff (and map screens don’t cut it)

let’s do this!

Bumhead

Banned
Nintendo's stage even looks more refined that Sony and Microsoft's. Just.. screens and a stage. No messing. No bullshit. Just straight to the point, here's what we're doing.

I never saw many bans in any of the other conference threads. For some reason, I predict more than a few in here before we are finished. Lol

Nintendo conference threads are usually the most entertaining.

I'm a little worried about how they're gonna manage just 60 minutes. I mean, I know they always do, sometimes well, sometimes not, but I always worry just the same.

They have so much Wii U content to reveal, that they've pushed 3DS to its own conference, I think this year will be a lot different than last year's..which was awful. That was my girlfriend's first year watching E3, and now she hates Reggie. How can you hate Reggie!?

Going to go exercise for a bit. If I don't I'm just going to sit here and click refresh for another half hour expecting something to happen even though it's not going to.

Zero148

damnit, only 48 minutes away (+x minutes delay as usual)

can't stand the hype.

I hope we see some serious third party effort on WiiU games, and some hardcore first party titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom